Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shadowey Spells?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 29, 2009
Im curious here; once in a blue moon when ever me or a friend im dueling with casts a spell [blade, trap, or damage spell] it appears darker then what it should be. Almost as if there's a shadow cast during that particular moment.

So has this happened to anyone else before or is it a problem with my video drivers?

Oh i am also using a Dell Studio Laptop with Windows Vista.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
This is pretty common, I'm guessing it is a bug. But to be honest i don't want it fixed I think it looks cool at times xD. I mean if you ever see the shadowy snow angel, like really really cool looking lol.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010
That happens to me a lot too. I notice that at times my blades or traps are darker than the others I have, and I wondered why all the time. I don't think it ever happened to me with spells though.

Benjamin Frostblood
Level 48 Diviner
Dragonspyre

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
Yeah,in Mooshu myth enemies use trolls but they are shadowy,not all the time.I call them:"Shadow trolls"

Conner Ogrehorn Lv.36 Thuergist

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I see it with mostly the blue ice spells. It is pretty awesome looking at an ice wyvern with clear ice under it like it is melting, and honestly, it is a little too bright.