Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gristletusk is tooo hard!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 21, 2010
i spent an hour fighting gristletusk for my life school spell and he just wont die i ran out of spells and my life minions spells were too weak! plus when i was about to kll him he uses regenerate!! so i just said forget it! i'm never gonna try it again!

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Well I don't know why you would give up when you are so close to getting your Forest Lord spell - nobody should expect it to be easy.
I often wonder how players manage to get to level 58 and then for some reason get stuck and discouraged?

First of all you need Life shields - lots of them, in fact you can't have too many. Second you need your Life prism spell (convert) - lots of them. Third you can load a bunch of Satyr spells in case you get into trouble.
Forget the life minion, use shields.
High damage attacks for Life school are a lot like other schools - use prism ASAP, then stack up 3 or 4 Blades or traps to increase the damage.
Extra damage cards are essential too, if you son't have the Sun school spells for extra damage then buy some Gargantuans from the Archivist.

Whenever you face 2 enemies at once kill the weaker one first (minion) and then protect yourself with shields and heal if needed.
Then build up for a big hit on the boss. Using Centaur without a blade/trap combo or without a gargantuan is just asking for frustration.

Loading the correct spells, and in the correct quantity, before a battle is essential to having success. Overload the spells you WANT TO COME UP FIRST like Blades, Prisms, Shields. You can always dump a few if too many come up early.

Good Luck.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
advtech wrote:
AHEM its wintertusk AHEM
AHEM grisletusk is a boss AHEM

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:
Well I don't know why you would give up when you are so close to getting your Forest Lord pet - nobody should expect it to be easy.
I often wonder how players manage to get to level 58 and then for some reason get stuck and discouraged?

First of all you need Life shields - lots of them, in fact you can't have too many. Second you need your Life prism spell (convert) - lots of them. Third you can load a bunch of Satyr spells in case you get into trouble.
Forget the life minion, use shields.
High damage attacks for Life school are a lot like other schools - use prism ASAP, then stack up 3 or 4 Blades or traps to increase the damage.
Extra damage cards are essential too, if you son't have the Sun school spells for extra damage then buy some Gargantuans from the Archivist.

Whenever you face 2 enemies at once kill the weaker one first (minion) and then protect yourself with shields and heal if needed.
Then build up for a big hit on the boss. Using Centaur without a blade/trap combo or without a gargantuan is just asking for frustration.

Loading the correct spells, and in the correct quantity, before a battle is essential to having success. Overload the spells you WANT TO COME UP FIRST like Blades, Prisms, Shields. You can always dump a few if too many come up early.

Good Luck.