Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wraith!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Who thinks the wraith spell is super strong? The highest damage I did with it was on Blackblade and it did over 4,000 damage!

Defender
May 24, 2009
nice hit my highest for my death was 9,000 and it is VERY strong if used right maybe not at raw power but in terms that it can heal you fully and still almost take out the enemy.

josephwyrmbane and josephduskspear legendary spirits

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I myself being a necromancer, say that Wraith IS a super strong and helpful spell, a good, Death Trap/Blade, Balance Blade, Spirit Blade, Spirit Trap, Feint, Curse, and if a grandmaster can critical, just watch the damage it would do :) Enough to fully heal, and do about 6,000 damage+ A very helpful spell indeed

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
FDrybob wrote:
Who thinks the wraith spell is super strong? The highest damage I did with it was on Blackblade and it did over 4,000 damage!
500 damage isnt strong ya know.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Wraith is an AMAZING SPELL. :D Especially with critical o_O. xD

Kenneth ShadowBlade 57 Grandmaster Necromancer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
onemantogo wrote:

I agree. I also like the animation, how the Wraith "fingers" the life out of the target by curling his bony hands and doing that "Come ... Come here ..." gesture and when he slams the life down into the ground, the summons it back to give it to the caster.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
onemantogo wrote:

I agree. I also like the animation, how the Wraith "fingers" the life out of the target and when he slams the life down into the ground, the summons it back to give it to the caster.
Me too. Originally, when the Wraith slams the life into the ground, it made a lightning-like sound. But apparently KI felt that is sounded too much like Storm spells (rightly), and so changed the lightning sound to a quiet BOOM sound. I like the new version better because it sounds more like a death spell.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
My highest hit was over 11,000, and this before even the critical stats came out!

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I don't recall the exact numbers, but before crits came out, my necro ran Malistaire's dungeon with a balance and a life mage. :) With combing their traps and blades with mine, and stacked with a prism, it was enough to kill him about 3 times over, LOL. It only took about 4 turns to set up too. We all had our cards fall right. It is a fun spell and while not the strongest 6-pip spell out there, the healing factor on it adds enough effect points to make it rank pretty high.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
onemantogo wrote:

I agree. I also like the animation, how the Wraith "fingers" the life out of the target and when he slams the life down into the ground, the summons it back to give it to the caster.
Me too. Originally, when the Wraith slams the life into the ground, it made a lightning-like sound. But apparently KI felt that is sounded too much like Storm spells (rightly), and so changed the lightning sound to a quiet BOOM sound. I like the new version better because it sounds more like a death spell.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Hehe yeah the "muffled" BOOM really sounds death-y.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
woot000 wrote:
FDrybob wrote:
500 damage isnt strong ya know.

500 base damage on a class with the most (could be wrong, but doubt it) traps/blades/buffs available to its damage, AND heals you.

3 numbers on 1 card isn't everything ya know.