Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

problems i am facing in the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
recently, in fact even a long time like a year ago, i have been facing connection problems. i dont no why, but especially when i am pvp-ing or in a dungeon, i start receiving connection loss. now this is how it begins:

1- the sound of spells start to fade, then come back then fade (forever till i restart the game)-and thats when i tart to realize i am losing it again(the connection).

2-once the spell is casted, for instance if i put a hex or if helephant swings the sword on the enemy, white squares appear(instead of the +30% that hex does or instead of the big fire bubble that helephant causes).

3-cards become white. its funny that i most of the times manage to win a battle luckily by clicking randomly on a card. if a card doesnt click, i realize it isnt available yet due to my pips, and thats how i no what card to use. and i was recently pvp-ing, and it happened yet i won, thnx to the absorb i put to protect me for some time until i no what i am using, making the battle take long, so the other player fled.

4-i lose the mouse sight. it just diappears.

5-the game starts repeatadly sounding same background tone. like tateen-tateen-tateen...

6-the game by itself minimizes and it says something like a message indicating graphics denied or something like that, asking if i want to abort and some other options.

in the commons, i see this big butterfly thats yellow in my way...idk what it is, but i hope this is fixed soon.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I'm not an expert at this but I would venture to guess that your video card and or computer are not quite up to snuff.
There are numerous ways to tweak a computer from the very basic to highly technical that can help it perform better. Do a system clean and clear out temp files; run a defrag; clean out the startup folder and registry and get rid of unecessarry processes; check your paging file. Check the services and see what is running in the background using up your RAM memory.
Adding RAM memory to an older computer or upgrading your video card can make dramatic improvements in performance.
Uninstall W101 and reinstall it.

It seems to me that the game has gotten slightly more demanding on a computer in the last year.

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
hadi791 wrote:
recently, in fact even a long time like a year ago, i have been facing connection problems. i dont no why, but especially when i am pvp-ing or in a dungeon, i start receiving connection loss. now this is how it begins:

1- the sound of spells start to fade, then come back then fade (forever till i restart the game)-and thats when i tart to realize i am losing it again(the connection).

2-once the spell is casted, for instance if i put a hex or if helephant swings the sword on the enemy, white squares appear(instead of the +30% that hex does or instead of the big fire bubble that helephant causes).

3-cards become white. its funny that i most of the times manage to win a battle luckily by clicking randomly on a card. if a card doesnt click, i realize it isnt available yet due to my pips, and thats how i no what card to use. and i was recently pvp-ing, and it happened yet i won, thnx to the absorb i put to protect me for some time until i no what i am using, making the battle take long, so the other player fled.

4-i lose the mouse sight. it just diappears.

5-the game starts repeatadly sounding same background tone. like tateen-tateen-tateen...

6-the game by itself minimizes and it says something like a message indicating graphics denied or something like that, asking if i want to abort and some other options.

in the commons, i see this big butterfly thats yellow in my way...idk what it is, but i hope this is fixed soon.

Make sure you are connected to a network.