Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Retired Pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
When i turned to level 20 wizards i bought a patriotic leprechaun, seeing that it was new in the crown shop. I liked it alot, because i am a ice wizard with only like 3 pixie healing spells, so i could use it for the healing and loved it! A few days or weeks later, i looked in the news on the login screen, and saw that it was not going to be sold after the next twenty four hours, is it considered retired, or are they going to introduce it again, next year?

Aaron Goldenheart level 32 Thaumatrice (ice)

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
it was a holiday pet celebrating 4th of july maybe next year it'll be back or the next petapalooza

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
A retired pet is one that you cannot get in the game by normal means anymore, and could not get by normal means in the first place (a pet from a promo code, special event or through crowns.) like death beetle.

If it's through crowns then it will have to not be in the crowns shop anymore to count as retired. If it's through a promo code, the promo code must not be usable anymore. There are two ways to get a pet that is retired:

1: You can hatch your pet with a retired pet in hopes of getting the retired pet. Retired pets are tough to get, so you'll probably want to have a rare pet of your own, or at least something with spritely.

2: Pet-a-palooza brought back many retired crowns pets, like Pale Maiden. When it happens again, it's likely that these crowns pets will come back.

However, patriotic leprechaun may not be retired at all. Black cat isn't technically retired, after all, as it keeps coming back come hallowe'en. Patriotic Leperchaun may just come back at the fourth of July again.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Someone told me that danger hound was a retired pet, and my greatest pet ambition was to get a ghost hound until I heard that. Guess I just have to go around and look for someone with a ghost hound

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
So the patriotic leprechaun isnt available for purchase at all. Does anyone know if it is rare, common, or uncommon?

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
since you are speaking about retired pets i have one for myself its a summer dragon and you got it through the code SummerDragon and the only way i knew of to get it is to hatch a summer dragon with a dream or myth ghoul i think

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
shrukain wrote:
Someone told me that danger hound was a retired pet, and my greatest pet ambition was to get a ghost hound until I heard that. Guess I just have to go around and look for someone with a ghost hound

I have a danger hound

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Mimzkat101 wrote:
A retired pet is one that you cannot get in the game by normal means anymore, and could not get by normal means in the first place (a pet from a promo code, special event or through crowns.) like death beetle.

If it's through crowns then it will have to not be in the crowns shop anymore to count as retired. If it's through a promo code, the promo code must not be usable anymore. There are two ways to get a pet that is retired:

1: You can hatch your pet with a retired pet in hopes of getting the retired pet. Retired pets are tough to get, so you'll probably want to have a rare pet of your own, or at least something with spritely.

2: Pet-a-palooza brought back many retired crowns pets, like Pale Maiden. When it happens again, it's likely that these crowns pets will come back.

However, patriotic leprechaun may not be retired at all. Black cat isn't technically retired, after all, as it keeps coming back come hallowe'en. Patriotic Leperchaun may just come back at the fourth of July again.

Aretired pet is a retired pet. prof. greyrose said you will always get the same pet back again. If you hatch retired pet with retired pet, high chance of a simple imp or might even get hybrid (ya, right......... )

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Retired pets are pets you can't get by any means whatsoever anymore, like Summer Dragon. There are some pets that are not retired, but come back at a certain time of year, like Black Cat comes on Hallowe'en. Petapalooza also brings back pets that were originally retired. So it's highly likely that the Patriotic Leprachaun will come back.

Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:

With some retired pets you can't get them from hatching, such as danger hound, you will get your own pet or ghost hound.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
Defender
Mar 06, 2010
lucario37 wrote:
how do you get a ghost hound

hatch two danger hounds (100% chance) or hatch a pet with a danger hound (50% chance)