Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Novice with a Fire Dragon!?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
on the helephant part, i know why, they have a legendary/grandmaster and they put it in shared bank and then they put it on the other person, i seen lots of people with that and it makes me want KI to kinda stop it

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
i feel embarrosed , i was pvping and this person kept on useing STRONG spells against me, a grandmaster, i understand if a master done it BUT A NOVICE? that is crazy KI, please do something about this. pvping should be fair play, no treasure cards allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------
light and darkness go hand in hand.
-daniel dragonhunter, grandmaster pyromancer

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
dannyboo898 wrote:
i feel embarrosed , i was pvping and this person kept on useing STRONG spells against me, a grandmaster, i understand if a master done it BUT A NOVICE? that is crazy KI, please do something about this. pvping should be fair play, no treasure cards allowed.

----------------------------------------------------------------
light and darkness go hand in hand.
-daniel dragonhunter, grandmaster pyromancer

Ok daniel, from my understanding you were a grandmaster fighting a novice. This tells me you had a massive health advantage, better power pip percentage, bigger deck and stronger trained spells than your opponent, also you have access to critical percentage gear which the novice does not. What you are asking KI is to take away the only spells in treasure form that the novice has a chance to win with, basically turning then into a sitting duck, am I on point? This is a equivilant of a 15 year old getting beat at a video game by their 5 year old brother then asking mom to take his controller away so he can't lose anymore. My advice to you: focus on the game, not the controller. You have more versions of the same strong spells so how exactly is it unfair? Learn from your defeats and apply your mistakes to future battles, you should adopt a more defensive strategy when fighting lower level opponents and remember once they've used the treasure card it's gone for the battle. You have the option of reusing your powerful attacks with reshuffle.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
They should just ban talos treasure cards or treasure cards with crowns but not simple ones like that i use treasure fire cards in pvp cause i craft them so id agree with you.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2011
No offense but, !
But i agree with you though, that noobs from starting level to twenty can't use master or legendary cards. Just saying.

P.S: Good idea, eh?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Your complaining that your got beat by a treasure using novice. Well i think that the novice (even though he won) has WAAAAAAAAAAY more right to complain then you!
It is way more unfair for them that they got paired with someone 12x their level
they dont take pets or treasures away to make up for unfair parings like that. if you were a level 5 doing pvp and you got paired with a legendary and couldnt use treasures or pets I bet you wouldn't think it was fair one bit.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Ice32 wrote:
Wizard101, Please ban treasures from being used in PvP, I was up against a novice, who used a dragon, and tons of shields,and defeated me, a LEGENDARY! This guy used 2 dragons and the rest were storm shields, HIGH storm shields, his pet kept healing him, AND GAVE HIM HELEPHANT! This is highly annoying as people like these took away my title as a Warlord.

oh gosh stop complaining and look how you are playing the PvP. and just because you lost the title it means you need to plan better.

He beat you because he had a strategy worked out you didn't break in a few rounds before he cast a treasure card dragon.

you need to sit down and work up several PvP decks and make on all purpose deck as well.
then figure out a few strategies to use and
forget about titles and just have fun playing the game or PvP

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
Is it bad if I feel like congratulating the little sturdy novice?

No, it's great! Gives the rest of something to admire and emulate :)

I wonder if the OP was in pvp with my wee wizarding son? He's probably got a dragon or two in his deck, gifted by his momma-Pyromancer, who coincidentally, loves to shield in PvP. Hmm...

lolz, qbbScarlet Ravensong

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Now I gotta laugh at this it is honestly funny.

1) Treasure cards are not the problem its your strategy

2) They make the game interesting and suspenseful *what KI intended

3) How did you let a person get a pip advantage over you? I mean at that low of lvl you do not get power pips often and your a legendary there is obviously a problem there.

I kinda have to say I support to lower lvl guy here shows he has strategy and obviously may very well know how to pvp if he beat you.

Anyways thats my take on this story.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
Ice32 wrote:
Wizard101, Please ban treasures from being used in PvP, I was up against a novice, who used a dragon, and tons of shields,and defeated me, a LEGENDARY! This guy used 2 dragons and the rest were storm shields, HIGH storm shields, his pet kept healing him, AND GAVE HIM HELEPHANT! This is highly annoying as people like these took away my title as a Warlord.

sorry ya lost but remember pvp is optional and also a novice can be easily killed by using a high attack out of your school and around any shields on him self

also can ya tell me his level so i can better understand is power and what type of clothes did he wear

Sure, and next time when you go up with another legendary, say Ice, whose health is over 4,000 and he/she has a way better dueling strategy than you, and he/she put up all of those absorbs and tower shields, you'll wish you brought some treasure cards with you too. I'm not a low level (I'm a Ice Master), and I'm not supporting for the low levels. The point is that even if the low level tried to use a high level spell on you, you should get suspicious when he stops using all those 1-pip spells (firecat, thunder snake, etc) and starts to pass. It's likely he's not waiting for death but more likely waiting for a strong spell buildup.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
I have to agree, sideboards need to be removed form PvP, minions too. I can't count the times i've seen a person use a summon to turn a 1v1 duel into a 1v2, and hide behind a wall of -55% tower shield treasure cards.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
JinZah wrote:
I have to agree, sideboards need to be removed form PvP, minions too. I can't count the times i've seen a person use a summon to turn a 1v1 duel into a 1v2, and hide behind a wall of -55% tower shield treasure cards.

I do agree with that. I saw a lot of low levels summon high leveled minions like Talos, but you have the ability to get treasure cards too. So if a low level summons a high level minion and hides behind some absorb and tower shields, I'll just go and buy a kraken and a earthquake. After the Kraken pwns the minion, I use earthquake or shatter to crack open the low level's shields making him a sitting duck.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
I laughed. A Legendary can't be defeated by a Novice, it just doesn't happen. Think about it, a Novice with about 500 health and you with close to 3,000. What you didn't critical? Even with a -70 shield, a -80 shield, a -85 shield, and even a -50 shield any spell could of killed him/her with some blades, traps, and critical! You need to work on your strategy.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
SantaIceBurg wrote:
I laughed. A Legendary can't be defeated by a Novice, it just doesn't happen. Think about it, a Novice with about 500 health and you with close to 3,000. What you didn't critical? Even with a -70 shield, a -80 shield, a -85 shield, and even a -50 shield any spell could of killed him/her with some blades, traps, and critical! You need to work on your strategy.

Yeah, a Legendary being defeated by a low level that barely just started playing the game? One tweak you need to make in your strategy is to watch what the opponent is trying to do. He's a low level, Novice, right? So right away you need to be suspicious when he stops casting rank 1 spells on you (Fire Cat, Thunder Snake, Imp, etc) and passes round after round. It will be very likely the low level is not passing to accept his fate of defeat but more likely to save up pips for his Fire Dragon treasure card.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
My Initiate fire (734 health) beat a legendary death from second position, I did not get hit with a critical though. What some fail to realize is how much skill plays a factor In pvp. He had waterworks gear but arena gear and pets level the playing field more than you think, health and critical are the only big separators and with a damage multiplying short deck one can set up a kill shot rather quickly vs a low skilled legend.
SantaIceBurg wrote:

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
this happened to me but the level three person had a sketal dragon

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
cooladdy wrote:

Wat? How in the world can a low level cast a Rank 8 spell? He can't gain power pips at that level and there are not enough pip slots for 8 pips required to cast the spell anyways. It's surely a lie.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
kaleeraisen wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I've had them use triton on me but I took the hit and they fled becuase i was still alive, but I agree Kingisle needs to do something about this they have cards they shouldnt have. They also have pets they dont deserve I've seen novices with Inferno Beast which they cleary shouldn't have. People worked hard to get those pets and spells and now NOOBS have them so they can beat others in PvP Kingisle please stop this maddness!

Aaron Drakewalker level 60
Pyromancer

if they have these high leveled pets like a Scarecrow or whatever an Inferno Beast is, they must also have a grand or legend and worked hard to get the latest pets. Yet you have the nerve to say they don't deserve those? Legendaries are so smug and overconfident these days. That's the problem with this issue! Never assume that you've won until your opponent is defeated.

WOW! Finally someone knows what makes my brain melt into lava. You, my fine friend, deserve 10 points

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
cooladdy wrote:

Wat? How in the world can a low level cast a Rank 8 spell? He can't gain power pips at that level and there are not enough pip slots for 8 pips required to cast the spell anyways. It's surely a lie.

well the way he acted was like a level 3 and i forget what level he was so i always say he was 3 i think he was more of a level 10 ish

Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
Ice32 wrote:
to bad

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ColtsCbb wrote:
Ice32 wrote:
to bad

And I am assuming that you are a low level that lives on treasure cards?

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
Ice32 wrote:

sorry ya lost but remember pvp is optional and also a novice can be easily killed by using a high attack out of your school and around any shields on him self

also can ya tell me his level so i can better understand is power and what type of clothes did he wear

well how could you lose to a novice so what they use treasures but you could beat a legend sorry to say that

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I've had them use triton on me but I took the hit and they fled becuase i was still alive, but I agree Kingisle needs to do something about this they have cards they shouldnt have. They also have pets they dont deserve I've seen novices with Inferno Beast which they cleary shouldn't have. People worked hard to get those pets and spells and now NOOBS have them so they can beat others in PvP Kingisle please stop this maddness!

Aaron Drakewalker level 60
Pyromancer

Technically, they worked hard to get their pets, too. To hatch or own a lvl 48 or 58 pet, you have to do the quests first. Once you get the pet, you can switch them around characters. That's probably the whole point of hatching and public banks.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
Is it bad if I feel like congratulating the little sturdy novice?

nope