Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Novice with a Fire Dragon!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Wizard101, Please ban treasures from being used in PvP, I was up against a novice, who used a dragon, and tons of shields,and defeated me, a LEGENDARY! This guy used 2 dragons and the rest were storm shields, HIGH storm shields, his pet kept healing him, AND GAVE HIM HELEPHANT! This is highly annoying as people like these took away my title as a Warlord.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011

Ok, sorry, that story is hilarious. just remember that you can use way more treasure than that novice could due to your larger deck size, you could critical and the novice couldn't and finally, you can build a spritely pet that will heal you like mad - just make sure its will stat is up there.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
You let a novice get a 7 pip advantage over you. Without any shields or anything? You didn't get any attack through at all? I mean it sounds like it was your fault i'm sorry to say.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Ice32 wrote:
Wizard101, Please ban treasures from being used in PvP, I was up against a novice, who used a dragon, and tons of shields,and defeated me, a LEGENDARY! This guy used 2 dragons and the rest were storm shields, HIGH storm shields, his pet kept healing him, AND GAVE HIM HELEPHANT! This is highly annoying as people like these took away my title as a Warlord.

sorry ya lost but remember pvp is optional and also a novice can be easily killed by using a high attack out of your school and around any shields on him self

also can ya tell me his level so i can better understand is power and what type of clothes did he wear

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
What?

But everyone has been complaining that legendaries are unfairly matched against low levels, because they have criticals and stuff????

Legendaries beating Novice's, Novice's beating Legendaries. Sounds like PvP to me.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Armiger
May 10, 2010
kingurz wrote:
What?

But everyone has been complaining that legendaries are unfairly matched against low levels, because they have criticals and stuff????

Legendaries beating Novice's, Novice's beating Legendaries. Sounds like PvP to me.

Yes, novice warlords who have commander gear and good pets can beat Legendary Wizards!

I am not denying that!

What I am stating is the fact that, once you get to Warlord, you are not automatically given all of the commander gear! You still have to earn enough tickets to get each and every individual piece...

However, now that, that character is a warlord, they will constantly be fighting Legendary Wizards, some without the benefits of commander gear!

The PvP system right now is mainly catering to PvP Warlords that have Commander Gear and to Legendaries!

What is PvP doing for those that are just starting out, or those that are Warlord, but still trying to get the commander gear? We are driving them out of the Arena, that is what we are doing!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I've had them use triton on me but I took the hit and they fled becuase i was still alive, but I agree Kingisle needs to do something about this they have cards they shouldnt have. They also have pets they dont deserve I've seen novices with Inferno Beast which they cleary shouldn't have. People worked hard to get those pets and spells and now NOOBS have them so they can beat others in PvP Kingisle please stop this maddness!

Aaron Drakewalker level 60
Pyromancer

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I've had them use triton on me but I took the hit and they fled becuase i was still alive, but I agree Kingisle needs to do something about this they have cards they shouldnt have. They also have pets they dont deserve I've seen novices with Inferno Beast which they cleary shouldn't have. People worked hard to get those pets and spells and now NOOBS have them so they can beat others in PvP Kingisle please stop this maddness!

Pyromancer
you don't think 150000 gold and three hatching attempts gives a person the right to use their pet? Remember not only legendaries can use the hatchery.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
In a sense there has to be something in PvP to prevent this. I mean seriously I'm starting to see a lot of low level warlords with all commander gear, resist-giving pets with spritely ( btw these pets are mostly likely shared between another legendary character the low level has ), and just use an insane amount of blades for heckhound,stormhound,skeletal dragon, fire dragon, w.e. They haven't done anything to deserve any of this. These low level warlords get their cheap little title by having been matched up against noobs who don't know what they're doing. I have never nor shall I be beat by some low level who just spams treasures at me but I see it to be that they are beyond overpowered.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
travisAk wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Pyromancer
you don't think 150000 gold and three hatching attempts gives a person the right to use their pet? Remember not only legendaries can use the hatchery.

Dude it doesnt cost that much and I know not only legends can use it, but they shouldn't have those pets becuase the cards those pets give are used in PvP against other people their level without those pets. The pets are said level 58+ dude which they shouldn't have in the first place.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Pyromancer

Dude it doesnt cost that much and I know not only legends can use it, but they shouldn't have those pets becuase the cards those pets give are used in PvP against other people their level without those pets. The pets are said level 58+ dude which they shouldn't have in the first place.

They are meant to use the cards againt other people in pvp.
Besides, why should they not get a pet that they paid big money to hatch just because other people haven't made one yet?

Level 58+? I don't think they did have a level 58 pet for hatching.
Wouldn't hatching a Forest Lord pet with a fire pet make an Inferno Beast?
Like say... a fire cat perhaps?

As for the price of hatching, I believe that it took almost 40,000 to hatch my Tricky Dragon with a Forest Lord.
Taking into account that a Firecat (a likely pet used by a low level) is not nearly as good as a Tricky Dragon, let's say that it might cost 35,000?
(I don't know for sure as I have not yet tried a hatch with a Firecat and FL. If anyone knows the correct price, feel free to say so.)
Anyway, I know it would be costly.
Assuming that someone might get lucky enough to recieve an Inferno Beast on the third try, that would cost 105,000 gold.

If a low level player could somehow manage to get that much money, their hard work would be enough for them to deserve the pet.

If, of course, they used crowns to get the money, the fact that they payed real cash would be a very good reason for them to have a good pet as well.

Just a thought.
Destiny Dragoncoin level 60 Balance/Ice/Fire/Storm

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Merekid wrote:

Assuming that someone might get lucky enough to recieve an Inferno Beast on the third try, that would cost 105,000 gold.

If a low level player could somehow manage to get that much money, their hard work would be enough for them to deserve the pet.

Oh that is incredibly easy. I do that all the time. Here's how:

One of my legends goes to wintertusk and farms for a few minutes. He drops the stuff in my shared bank. I switch to my newbie, get it out of the bank and go sell it. Doesn't take very long for my newbie to have more than enough to hatch or everything else. And no real work is involved.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Pyromancer

Anyone and i mean anyone!!! who spends the time and money to hatch pets level them up to get a good pet deserve's the pet,I dont care what level they are,they deserve it.

More power to the NOOBS who take the time to hatch/level pets my hat is off to them,I think anyone who complains about pets must have a good pet and don't want anyone else to get one or they are just to lazy to level one up them self's.

Yes KI please stop the maddness of people cry about pet and who should have them and who should'nt have them,
Everyone can have pets and every one can hatch/level them and if they do they should be able to use them anywhere and I mean anywhere!

Michael RedBlood death

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
flarzedrago9 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Pyromancer

So what you seem to be saying is that I can't hatch my level 58 pet with a lower level player can get the same type of pet like"scarecrow with deathcat to try an get the lower level a scarecrow too" or are you saying stop all hatching so no one that's lower level then you can get a good pet because they get to use it in PvP and beat people with it.

Please don't try and make it sound like you are sticking up for low levels with out pets.

Michael RedBlood death

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Pyromancer

if they have these high leveled pets like a Scarecrow or whatever an Inferno Beast is, they must also have a grand or legend and worked hard to get the latest pets. Yet you have the nerve to say they don't deserve those? Legendaries are so smug and overconfident these days. That's the problem with this issue! Never assume that you've won until your opponent is defeated.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Ice32 wrote:

Smh...

Let that be a lesson to you. Never underestimate your opponent. If you're so cocky that you'll actually let a Novice build up Pips and blades, you deserve whatever you get.

As for the shields, a Legendary Storm should be able to do staggering damage even WITH those shields, if you're fighting a NOVICE. Even an Ice Novice who puts up shields will fall easily to a Legendary Diviner.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
travisAk wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:

Pyromancer

Hey dude,

You can use arena tickets to get pets with attack cards for absolutely no money what so ever. People can also buy giftcards that get pets like flamezilla, a four pip 700 damage attack card which is more powerful than most level 58 pets, would you like that banned too? You see dude there are real people who spend real money to but these giftcards, do you really think kingsisle will ban them from using it? Anyone, yes anyone can get a pet with a good attack card right outside the arena door. So how EXACTLY is this unfair?

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
um, I have never heard a weirder story then this and for one how would a novice have enough gold to buy a fire dragon? I feel bad for you losing your war lord title.

john firemancer level 56 grandmaster pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 8 apprentice necromancer

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I think that you should only be able to use treasure cards that are 10 levels above. For example, I could use a level 42 spell and anything below that, but a level 5 could only use a level 12. They probably bought it at the bazaar, but this is outrageous. If you are level five you shouldn't be in PvP in the first place, because you'll get defeated in a few turns! Or at least that's how it's supposed to be.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
avhop567 wrote:
um, I have never heard a weirder story then this and for one how would a novice have enough gold to buy a fire dragon? I feel bad for you losing your war lord title.

john firemancer level 56 grandmaster pyromancer
valkoor deathmancer level 8 apprentice necromancer

Well they dont always buy them they sometimes bribe people with those treasure cards or make some kind of deal.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Ice32 wrote:
How did you not get a chance to attack for 14 ROUNDS?

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
It would take 7 turns to get a novice to have enough pips for dragon. You should have gotten at least 2-3 attacks on him before he could dragon you. Besides, level 60's like us can kill novices in one hit usually. I would just use a Minotaur. You could use a 4 or 5 pip spell to KO. And 2 rounds into battle, You would have at least 4 pips. With that you use a frog, blizzard, meteor strike, etc. So treasure cards don't really matter. It just matters on skill.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
PvP Warlord

Ryan LegendBlade
Level 50 Diviner
PvP Commander

Aiden IceGlade
Level 16 Ice
PvP Knight

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
Yup, you've just learned your first lesson of Ranked PvP. But I agree, Wizard101, please fairly pair wizards that are near the same level and rank. For example. Level 35 Balance Corporal and Level 32 Storm Corporal. Make it fair. I am a level 29 Storm and I get paired with a omfg Level 60 Fire Warlord. Pshh. Please fix it!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
Abbigail623 wrote:
Yup, you've just learned your first lesson of Ranked PvP. But I agree, Wizard101, please fairly pair wizards that are near the same level and rank. For example. Level 35 Balance Corporal and Level 32 Storm Corporal. Make it fair. I am a level 29 Storm and I get paired with a omfg Level 60 Fire Warlord. Pshh. Please fix it!

i put my phoenix that i worked long and hard on to get to ancient and i got a blue raptor and i got the best gold gear for my level 5 fire wizard and it pairs me up with a level 10 it wasn't a fair fight he had better spells and defeated me easily :(