Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

terminating in an unusual way?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
hi everyone, so just a couple of minutes ago i was playing w101 and i was going to tatakai outpost and when it loaded and went to that screen with the girl wizard and the boy wizard and it says loadng in the middle, i heard a "dong" sound. it was the sound that computers give when they have an error. so i hit the little key with the window on it to minimize the game and a message popped up saying that w101 asked "ode something"to terminate the program in an unusual way.... i didn't know what to do so i hit okay and w101 closed automatically.....
please help KI, i don't know what this is
Brian Titansword, lvl. 32

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Hello,

I have had this problem of a while and I keep entering the place and it sometimes has said this. But your talking about takati outpost. Mine was doing it in Shariki Temple. I sent this in to support, but when I got there message back, the problem wasn't happening anymore. And they have been waiting for almost two weeks and they sent there message back to me in TWO days, so I am sorry W101 Support Team for making you wait :( . The problem comes and goes for me. I would send in a ticket to support but the problem is unusual to see.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Neither will anybody else until you send in a ticket to Support.

Here's the info:

We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
ok thanks guys but it's like you said: the problem comes and goes...
it hasn't happened again so far. so i think my computer is alittle too old. it's like 3 years old now..... and it's been passed along in my family so it's really worn out so maybe i'll get a new one but for now the problem hasn't happened again so it's all good (for now)
Thanks Again,
Brian Titansword, lvl. 33

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
By chance is your error reporting turned on?

When I first got my computer (5 years ago), I had problems with many programs due to the error reporting. That could be what is causing your problem.

I am sorry I can't tell you how to disable it. I checked, and either Windows Vista changed it with an update or I can't remember how I disabled it so long ago.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life