Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game is freezing constantly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
I log out and log back in and I get stuck in the same area. I am in The commons. As soon as it loads it freezes and I can't enter anywhere. its been like this for two hours.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Survivor
Jan 08, 2010
Atleast your in the commons i cant even get into the pic wizard menu :/ Error 126 Cannot connect to wizard101 plz try again later blablah

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Administrator
Hello everyone,

If you're getting Error 126 I believe I may have found a solution for the issue you're experience.

If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 please follow these steps:
1. Right click on the program launch icon
2. Left click on "Properties".
3. In the new window that pops up click on the
"Compatibility" tab.
4. In the "Compatibility Mode" area check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
5. In the drop down list make certain that "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" is selected.
6. Under "Privilege Level" make certain that the box next to "Run this program as administrator" is checked.
7. Click on "Apply" then click on "Ok".
8. Right click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator"

Here is a great video from Microsoft on how to use Compatibility mode for Windows 7
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-is-program-compatibility

However, before trying the above check to see if you simply need to run the game as an administrator (via the instructions above). Also, after patching you should be able to run the game with compatibility turned off again (test this though) and please shoot us a quick yes or no if this worked for you.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Tsumi001 wrote:
I log out and log back in and I get stuck in the same area. I am in The commons. As soon as it loads it freezes and I can't enter anywhere. its been like this for two hours.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Oh my gosh! That happened to my sister last night! An hour later it finally un-froze and she had to port to me just to get some where it wouldn't freeze! I dislike the commons because everyone hangs out there and it makes my computer so slow! :( Maybe people could just talk in their houses instead? Thats what i do and it would make a huge impact on freezing up for a LOT of people.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I'm stuck too (now that I finally got the game to let me in). If I try to change worlds, the game freezes and I have to reboot my computer. Frustrating. Also, since last night's update, when I start the game, it keeps prompting me to make changes to the computer....every time?