Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lowering of power pips for creatures

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2011
in celestia it gets really annoying when creatures gain power pips like crazy!
as a result of this I need to get friends to help me with them because with the so many power pips the creatures can defeat me with rank 6, 7, and other high rank spells. so kingsisle can you please lower the creatures chances of getting power pips so it can make celestia more fun for wizards! I believe that this is probably a problem too in wintertusk (but I'am not sure since I do not have access to wintertusk yet). I have also noticed that creatures start with three and or four power pips!

thanks,
John firemancer, level 51 grandmaster pyromancer

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I did not have trouble with Celestia. DS (before the nerf) was more difficult.

I actually would like even harder worlds. More and more people are going Solo instead of making friends and groups. I suspect it is the solo-ers who are championing easier areas. Just two wizards makes quick work of any area. I would like to see more teamwork.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Defender
May 12, 2009
I love teamwork but I hate calling my friends for every fight I do. I'm a death wizard so my attacks heal, and I can generally keep up, but it's more fun and easier when I fight bosses or need multi kills. I still use teamwork as often as possible, and I think cl and wt aren't too easy. Although wizard city is pretty easy for anyone.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
This might seem annoying, but it's actually for the better. If enemies didn't start off with an amount of power pips, then they'd just be too easy to beat. And I haven't really seen this as an annoyance, more of a challenge to get around. If you're worried about getting killed by high rank spells, put on a tower shield and the aura of empowerment, so you'll get a pip from a spell that only does 200-360 damage instead of getting hit with 400-720 damage and gaining nothing from it.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
It doesn't really annoy me how they get power pips like crazy, but the fact they start off with three or four of them. It annoys me when I'm too busy trying to get pips for attacks when my opponents are casting Fire Kraken and Firezilla back to back. By the time I'm ready to cast a spell I already have to heal myself! It's ridiculous! I've always thought Wizard101, for the most part, ran smoothly, but now I can truly say this game is unbalanced.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
It doesn't really annoy me how they get power pips like crazy, but the fact they start off with three or four of them. It annoys me when I'm too busy trying to get pips for attacks when my opponents are casting Fire Kraken and Firezilla back to back. By the time I'm ready to cast a spell I already have to heal myself! It's ridiculous! I've always thought Wizard101, for the most part, ran smoothly, but now I can truly say this game is unbalanced.

thats what i'm saying for the most part

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Celestia was made for the Legendary Wizards. In Wizard101, I think that almost every challenge in the spiral was TOO easy. But now that they made extremely hard challenges in Celestia, The game remains fun.

Don't Understand?
It's a challenge for Legendary Wizards who want to test their abilities.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Really, the key to surviving the mobs in celestia is using a short deck for quick multi-hit kills and doing a lot of shielding. I'd say the ones who would have the hardest time here are life mages who don't have forest lord yet. When i first got into celestia, i was like 'you've got to be kidding me! this place is impossible!' but all it really takes is an alteration in your strategy. Having multiple decks set up for different situations is really ideal once you reach these worlds. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
etherchaos wrote:
Really, the key to surviving the mobs in celestia is using a short deck for quick multi-hit kills and doing a lot of shielding. I'd say the ones who would have the hardest time here are life mages who don't have forest lord yet. When i first got into celestia, i was like 'you've got to be kidding me! this place is impossible!' but all it really takes is an alteration in your strategy. Having multiple decks set up for different situations is really ideal once you reach these worlds. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

well it's a little bit easier for me now that i'm legendary, because i was like level 51 when i posted this

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
No, i think it is just fine the power pips they get now i beat the whole game and it really wasn't a problem for me.