Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medusa, Shatter, and strange icon Question.

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The following questions are regarding PvP one vs. one issues:

1. Has the Shatter spell been changed to take traps away, as well as shields? I have some shatter spells in my treasure deck, and they say they remove positive shields. But the last time I used it, it took the traps along with it. Any clarification would be great.

2. Does Medusa do 2 stuns now? When I go second in PvP and a Myth Wizard uses Medusa, I am stunned that turn. Next turn I am also stunned. That doesn't seem right to me. Is this a bug?? When I go first in PvP and someone uses Medusa I am stunned for only my following turn. I think this must be a bug of some sort. Again, any clarification would be great.

3. Once, recently, when I was in first position, I had a small green and yellow question mark next to my name. It lasted 2 turns and during that time I was unable to cast a spell. Is this some new idea by KI to mitigate the advantage of going first? Anyone else ever seen this strange new icon? I have seen it one other time on another player who had first position. But they fled so I don't know if they could cast spells or not.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
malt22 wrote:
The following questions are regarding PvP one vs. one issues:

1. Has the Shatter spell been changed to take traps away, as well as shields?

2. Does Medusa do 2 stuns now?

3. Once, recently, when I was in first position, I had a small green and yellow question mark next to my name. It lasted 2 turns and during that time I was unable to cast a spell. Is this some new idea by KI to mitigate the advantage of going first? Anyone else ever seen this strange new icon? I have seen it one other time on another player who had first position. But they fled so I don't know if they could cast spells or not.

1.) It's not suppose to, but others have brought up issues with it too. It may be glitched in certain situations (like certain traps are being computed as shields).

2.) Medusa has always suppose to do two stuns. I believe with all the stunning issues resolved, it now appears fixed.

3.) No idea. But others have commented that first round PvP turns seem to have been changed somehow. One poster indicated they may not receive points for first round wins.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
1 shatter needs to be revised
2 medusa did stun for 2 rounds the first was when he used it and next was next round this happens when they are first and stun
3 happens when the game is bugged and cant figure your rank happened before

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
shatter: a bug

medusa: the 2 stuns thing is not a bug. medusa always did 2 stuns

strange icon: i have no idea

Blaze Duskstone legendary conjurer

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
1. It is probably just a bug. I never noticed that one before on my shatter or treasure shatters I have. But you are not the only one who has noticed this one. Some of my friends have the same problem but I never seen it. So my conclusion, it is just a bug.

2. Medusa, like everyone else said, always stunned 2 rounds except the first few weeks of its release. It had a few flaws back then.

3. The strange icon. I have had that icon on me before and I have seen it on many more wizards. When it was on me, it let me cast spell during the whole match. Other wizards I have seen it on, they did not get affected by it either.
I do not know your case with the strange icon though.

Luke ThunderShade Level 60 Conjurer