Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked pvp reset

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I was just thinking of an idea, and i thought what if you could reset you wins and loses with crowns or tickets, but if you reset it, it resets both wins and loses to zero, and it would reset your rank back to private (500).
Just an idea for people who are like me start off good in arena then start to lose!

Please answer back

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
I kinda like being able to tell a fake warlord by their win-loss ratio.

Not a bad idea IF they make the commander gear unequippable under Knight rank and veteran gear unequippable at private.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
But what would this do? it would erase pts from the current game, or add them. People may just keep ranking down, then they recharge right back up to 0-0

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
NightWa1ker wrote:
But what would this do? it would erase pts from the current game, or add them. People may just keep ranking down, then they recharge right back up to 0-0

i think it is for people that down rank or is trying to get arena tickets easy

o and i dont think it will delete the pets ya have for only certain ranks ya just wont be able to use it until ya are at the right level again

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
Upon thinking about this further, I think that reset button should only exist for warlord and bring them back to 900 - not 500.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Laura I don't think something people earn with arena tickets should be sanctioned. I do see your reasoning though, to cut down on legend noob teams downranking. A better solution is to limit the level gap between pvp partners to say 20 levels? The only people that would object to that is the ones abusing the system. Your thoughts?

To the OP-I think rank should freeze at 500, this way you could not drop lower than that. This would also stop legendary sub privates from ruining low level pvp. I think having a win loss ratio reset is a good idea though, this way people with less than desirable records could start over again.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
Upon thinking about this further, I think that reset button should only exist for warlord and bring them back to 900 - not 500.

I don't know if you have suggested this or not, but, could this concept be the answer to the downranking issue? Once you obtain a new rank, you cannot drop below the minimum score for that rank? I'm not sure, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
laurawatersong wrote:
I kinda like being able to tell a fake warlord by their win-loss ratio.

Not a bad idea IF they make the commander gear unequippable under Knight rank and veteran gear unequippable at private.

the gear is already unequipable under the rank it's for.

If you take it off that is

if you put it on before you down rank, it stays on.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
grvy123 wrote:
NightWa1ker wrote:

i think it is for people that down rank or is trying to get arena tickets easy

o and i dont think it will delete the pets ya have for only certain ranks ya just wont be able to use it until ya are at the right level again

There are several reasons we down rank:

1. to get tickets. You get tickets as you lose games going down - 4 per game. By the time you get down from Warlord to 0, you have quite a few tickets. Then you get tickets going back up

2. get easier battles - a level 16 warlord gets matched with level 52 to 58 (oh yes we do) privates and those battles are HARD. Extremely hard. That's not fun, that's work.

3. to get matches faster. - a level 6 warlord waits almost forever before getting each match.

Most people down ranking aren't legends. They're lower levels trying to get gear or pets or tickets for other things, and get battles that are at least some what evenly matched.