Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Wands

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 02, 2009
I was thinking, for the next level cap, our teachers would give us quests for school restricted wands. These "Wand Quests" would be given to us when we reach the next level cap. My ideas for these wands are as follows:

Fire- Blade of the Efreet

Ice- Hammer of the Ice Giant

Storm- Storm Lord's Staff

Balance- Staff of Ra

Life- Longsword of the Seraph

Myth- Axe of the Minotaur

Death- Staff of the Wraith

The power of these wands would be 150 damage of their school and a power pip at the beginning of each battle. Also, they would give a card of their school's rank 8 spell with a gargantuan.

Please share your comments and ideas for change.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
I like the idea of it, but coming with the rank 8 spell sounds a little... to much i guess. mabey it could come with something like Minus 80% to next opposite school and for balance it would be Minus 60% to next (random school) damage or health break spell and put a hex on the target.

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
Thats would be pretty awesome! the only downfall I can think of at the moment would be pvp'ing. Maybe make these "special wands", no pvp? Otherwise, the idea is excellent. Maybe a little over powered though. A Gragantuan lvl 8 spell? Sheesh. Quite a punch!
If you could start with a very poor blade of these "special wands", and with each quest, they get more power? Just a thought though. Your idea is pretty wicked! :D

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Very interesting.

Wands are usually not a quested item. If they happen to give a unique animation/image, I'm all in !!!!!

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
stinkybug123 wrote:
I was thinking, for the next level cap, our teachers would give us quests for school restricted wands. These "Wand Quests" would be given to us when we reach the next level cap. My ideas for these wands are as follows:

Fire- Blade of the Efreet

Ice- Hammer of the Ice Giant

Storm- Storm Lord's Staff

Balance- Staff of Ra

Life- Longsword of the Seraph

Myth- Axe of the Minotaur

Death- Staff of the Wraith

The power of these wands would be 150 damage of their school and a power pip at the beginning of each battle. Also, they would give a card of their school's rank 8 spell with a gargantuan.

Please share your comments and ideas for change.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, level 60 Pyromancer

I absolutely love these ideas. Although (i am life and i am very particular) id change the life's sword to a centaurs bow. id think that ould be much more interesting since all the other schools get a cool weapon. (axe, sword, hammer, etc.) But yes i LOVE these ideas.

Explorer
Aug 07, 2009
I like them all except the life one. Everyone has 2 handed swords already, so its nothing new, and if its 1 handed, it will look like steelwielder's mineblade.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Pretty good idea, but the new wands have critical boosts on them, so you may want to add that in, like plus 30% or something. (the ones i saw in the bazaar gave +20%, so i went with 30.) Also, when will the wands give 2 extra pips? I think that with the new spells, we need the wands allowing you to start out with maybe even six pips (3 power pips).

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Thank you for bringing these problems to my attention! To answer some of your questions and concerns...

I figured that, since there are no bows in the game at the moment, the life wand shouldn't be a bow, but I guess it could be an introduction to a whole new type of wand, the bow, if it were to be the Centaurs Bow (Maybe when it is equipped, a quiver comes with it).

I realized that the spell these wands give is a bit much, so maybe instead these wands could give a blade and trap of the school, each with an additional 5% to the damage.

I totally forgot about critical ratio! I think the wands should each give 35 critical for each school (Because the lifeforce wand already has 30) and a 35 critical block (for the same reason).

I don't think the wands should give 2 power pips (Don't scream at me yet, I have my reasons) because say you were a storm wizard. You could get 6 pips right away. That is a stormzilla (Which could have Gargantuan) or a storm lord with simplify OR a leviathan with elucidate! Say you use the storm lord PLUS critical (because storm has high critical) PLUS 85% storm damage! In pvp, if you went first, the other team would all be defeated (unless they have REALLY high block). See what I mean? The game just isn't ready for wands that give 2 power pips, so the wands should just give 1.

Thanks for your consideration and feedback!
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
i think that the rank 8 and gargantuan add ons are a bit too much <.<

but everything else sounds appropriate, but maybe +50 critical and block for the school, except balance. balance would be +45 critical and block

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I find that most players use wands of their opposite school or a balance wand. Having wands of your own school, while cool, may not be used in practice or end up stiched.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
Moribund wrote:
I find that most players use wands of their opposite school or a balance wand. Having wands of your own school, while cool, may not be used in practice or end up stiched.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Hmm, I guess they would be more useful if it was your opposite school for all of the schools except for balance, which would be balance. Also, something I forgot to include that these wands would give 6 cards.