Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not loading correctly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2011
Ok so when i logged in this morning, my game had to re-load because i had to download it again. But when i went to play my Ice wizard, it said the game wasn't done loading, and there wasn't a little spiral in the left hand corner. My Ice wizard was in her castle so i thought it would have loaded already, but when i went to try my other wizards, it did the same thing. No little spiral in the left hand corner. I made a new wizard to see if it would work, but i was stuck doing the tutorial all over again. Then when i finished, I was stuck in Golem Tower for 10 minutes! Please fix this so i can play. I just started on Celestia, too. :(

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Katie1311 wrote:
Ok so when i logged in this morning, my game had to re-load because i had to download it again. But when i went to play my Ice wizard, it said the game wasn't done loading, and there wasn't a little spiral in the left hand corner. My Ice wizard was in her castle so i thought it would have loaded already, but when i went to try my other wizards, it did the same thing. No little spiral in the left hand corner. I made a new wizard to see if it would work, but i was stuck doing the tutorial all over again. Then when i finished, I was stuck in Golem Tower for 10 minutes! Please fix this so i can play. I just started on Celestia, too. :(

The little spiral thing only activates during certain times. Usually when you complete a prequest for the first time it will start to download the next world files then. If you need to go to Celestia, then you need to click on the Spiral door for Celestia and wait for the download to complete.

Going to your house only loads up all the files associated with your house. So you are actually delaying time to get the files downloaded for Celestia.

Wizard101 does not download all files in one sitting. It continously downloads as you move from world to world. Only necessary, crown shop, appearance, etc files are downloaded automatically on arrival in Spiral. That's why you'll notice the game will freeze up a couple of times to download pet animations only when someone arrives in your "zone" with a new pet file your computer does not recognize.