Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-8-11

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week bites the dust, so it's time for another Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This one will be a 3-part discussion about quick chat. Part 1, this week we would like to ask... what phrases would you add to the quick chat that comes up in combat? For example, "May I use your trap?" or "Don't attack the same school twice."

Looking forward to hear about what you would add! Have a fantastic weekend, Wizards!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Survivor
Sep 26, 2009
I see 2 things that would help out the wizards without text chat.
1: under battle orders, you cant tell someone to use an AOE spell. you can only say focus attack on a certain monster. sometimes its more efficient to have them cast an aoe spell and we cant tell them this.

2: I see wizards without text chat/open chat in the hatchery. They all want to hatch but they do not understand that they need to lvl pets to adult. I understand this is explained in the player guide but most young people dont read the instructions to anything :). It might be helpful if we can point this out to them with a simple phrase " lvl your pet to adult with the mini games before you hatch "
~Ronan Dawn~

Survivor
Dec 03, 2009
i think you should add " i'm low in cards " or " i'm waithing for a spell"

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Hi, Professor!
I would very much like to see the phrases "I'm sorry.", "I apologize." and "I'm sorry I don't have any attack (and healing) cards in my hand right now." in the quick chat options during battles. Having a phrase similar to, "I'm sorry, I got pulled into this battle, I apologize.", would be very nice, too. :)

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
A couple that might be handy for cheater bosses...

Don't use Traps
Don't use Blades

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Do not flee; I can heal you.
I do not have any healing cards.
You may use any trap I cast.
Is this your quest.
Please do not kill the boss.
Do you have ______trap or blade for me. ( Life, Storm, Fire, Ect.)
I will port to you when I am done with this battle.
I am still battling.
I got caught---Sorry!

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
What really annoys me is when I am in battle and one of my friends without text chat ports to me, I can't say hi. So..... I think that the whole section of hello when you are not in battle should be added to the vocabulary when you are in battle.

Also..... it annoys me when I can't tell my friend to use an AoE attack, so I have to end up saying use whatever school on all of the enemies by using battle commands, which gets them more confused.

Also..... it annoys me when my friends end up getting defeated and ask for a heal which I don't have. I think you should add the phrase " I will look for a heal card" or " Sorry I can't heal you" (Sorry if that is already a phrase).

Thank you for your patience.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
For people that are MUTED ONLY, "Sorry, I got muted."

A lot of times people see I have open chat but can't tell I am muted.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
one for the hatchery would be "sorry i already have that pet" or "sorry i am looking for something else"

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
Defender
Mar 06, 2010
don't use ----- school spells,___use ----- school spells,
don't attack,_____________use AOE spells,
don't use AOE spells,_______this battle might be too challenging
don't use x ranked spells,____don't use blades
don't use weak spells,_______don't use traps
don't use strong spells,______use ----- school blades
use ----- school traps,_______don't use blades
use any school blades,_______use any school traps
use any school blades,_______use blades and traps
:D :D

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I would like an option that says" this boss cheats, please watch how I attack"

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
I think one phrase we should also have is '' Follow the bosses rule''

like in celestia bosses have rules u have to follow

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
Helpful phrases would be:

"Be careful, this boss cheats." (or maybe like Cheryl09 suggested: "This boss cheats, please watch how I attack.")

"Sorry I got caught!" (they sometimes get mad when you do, especially right when they defeat an enemy and you drag another one)
"Shield me please."
"I'm running out of cards."
"Sorry I don't have any healing spells." (when someone says heal me)
"Don't hit! Something will happen."
"It's OK" (if someone apologizes in combat)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Survivor
Apr 13, 2009
Survivor
May 22, 2011
Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
Some ideas:
*May I have a Blade?
*May I use your Trap?
*May I please flee?
*Sorry I got pulled in.
*Oops. Sorry...
*Please forgive me.
*Sorry, I got disconnected.
*Be careful.
*Bad boy/girl (when talking to your pet)
*I, <insert name here>, will knock you all down! (for taunts)

Also, Cpu3 seems to have some good ideas.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
I've been meaning to post this for a while, and got the perfect opportunity xD

What's really annoying, and has made me keep a distance from none chat players (which really, isn't fair) is the fact that you can't express your anger, disaproval, or annoyance on quick chat. Although these may all be negative things to say, it's hard to communicate without them. Everyone makes mistakes, but they need to be aware to be able to fix them, or at least apologise.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
Hmm I think that they should add,
Can you please Blade me?
Oops, Sorry didnt mean to waste your trap
Please do not use my trap
Those are my ideas for now lol :-)

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
Heres a very good idea to help others on quest

What quest are you working on?

Reply: I need to defeat Lord Nightshade.
Reply: I need 3 Fairy dust from fairies, but so far i have 2 out of 3

Reply: I didn't get the drop
Reply: I got the drop!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I do not mean to sound picky, but maybe instead of "kill" it should be "defeat" and instead of "port" maybe "teleport" or come.

:-) :) :D 8) :P