Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A question about Life...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
I have just recently started a Life wizard on one of my accounts. I was so excited about all the healing spells, and all the friends I would make, but when I looked up all of life attacks, I learned that the attack spells were as weak as Ice. There also wasn't many of the attack spells. On the level 48 spell, every school except for Life and Myth gets a somewhat high "to all enemies" spell. Rebirth is a great spell and all, but without another wizard on their side, how can they effectively attack?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
IMO the most underated aspect of Life is their attack ability. Most people get caught up in all the healing spells and overlook the finer aspects of what makes an effective attack.
Life has a great blade (40%) and trap (30%)combo that amp up the damage; plus you get the trap once you reach Collosus blvd. and the Blade halfway through Krokotopia.
Life also has a high accuracy which means less fiz, and a higher power pip percentage which means more power.
Seraph with a blade will still down almost any minion in DS.

Add to that the Spirit Blade from Niles and extra damage cards (Tough, Strong etc.) and you can really hang with anyone on attacking.

The true power of a wizard is in how you play them; I can tell you that my Life wiz hands out the punishment better than a lot of storm wizards.

The only real downside is that you don't get an AoE spell until level 58, but it is worth the wait once you get it.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
mparm901 wrote:
I have just recently started a Life wizard on one of my accounts. I was so excited about all the healing spells, and all the friends I would make, but when I looked up all of life attacks, I learned that the attack spells were as weak as Ice. There also wasn't many of the attack spells. On the level 48 spell, every school except for Life and Myth gets a somewhat high "to all enemies" spell. Rebirth is a great spell and all, but without another wizard on their side, how can they effectively attack?
There is one really high attack life spell.Its called harvest lord Its one of the strongest spells and it does it to all enemies.It does like 950-1250 damege i think. I hope you fount this to be helpful.

Tristan goldrider, level 44 fire wizard

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
:There is one really good attack spell. Its called harvest lord, and it does like 950-1255 damege to all I think But the bad thing is that its a level 58 quest spell. I hope you found this to be reassureing.

Tristan goldrider level 44 fire wizard

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
mparm901 wrote:
how can they effectively attack?

How can they die?

Life mages are not Storm. Centaur is my favorite Life attack spell, picking them off one by one. It can do some nice damage. I have seen Life wizards do some ridiculous damage, it just isn't their main focus.

Perhaps consider climbing the Death school secondary tree for Feint and with a Death mastery amulet, the vampire would work great at early levels.

Everyone loves a Life wizard in their group =)

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
mparm901 wrote:

Due to Life's ability to "heal through" most attacks, they take up a very effective strategy of hitting one at a time. You can use heal over time spells such as sprite to keep you healthy while you focus on an enemy. While the base damage of life spells appears as weak as ice, you need to understand that life gets gear with substantial damage boosts as well as life trap at level 10, lifeblade at the end of the krokosphinx, and your most powerful single hitter (Centaur) at level 33. I have had very little trouble with my life by taking out "the little guy", throwing on a sprite (or fairy if I got hit a lot during the first take down) and then having a fair one on one duel with the remaining opponent.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Apparently, Theurgists are very effective attackers. I have yet to see this. I have a Theurgist myself and I do like playing him, but right now I'm at Lvl. 52. I immediately started playing Celestia thinking I'd be fine since my Sorcerer was fine in Celestia and my Theurgist was pretty good at holding his own in the worlds prior. That wasn't the case. It was so hard, I had to leave and do Wintertusk first. As much as I like Life, it's in my opinion the hardest school. If you don't feel you're ready, move on.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
Life charaters are healers and are not suppost to have high attack power. That's why I started a fire charater. But, you need to remember it is an online game. Playing with others is what your suppost to do. Though, I am having a difficult time finding friends.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
mparm901 wrote:

If you are primarly going to solo, you might want to stay away from Life. The Life minion you get at level 18 will help you to solo, but Life does not do high damage, nor excels at destroying multiple enemies at once. Simply put, Life is not an attacking school.

However, if you are willing to spend some crowns to obtain a mastery amulet, you could invest in a secondary school that does all those attacks you mentioned.

Regardless, you will make friends, trust me. Wizards love to take Life wizards in with them to dungeons. I try not to do Waterworks without one, since spot 4 is really only going to be able to heal anyways against Luska.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
i have an idea for an all enamy life spell!!!! plague. 4 pips and 295-345 damage to all enemies. :-) what do you think? (p.s. this is a quest spell 3 levels after seraph. )

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Apparently, Theurgists are very effective attackers. I have yet to see this. I have a Theurgist myself and I do like playing him, but right now I'm at Lvl. 52. I immediately started playing Celestia thinking I'd be fine since my Sorcerer was fine in Celestia and my Theurgist was pretty good at holding his own in the worlds prior. That wasn't the case. It was so hard, I had to leave and do Wintertusk first. As much as I like Life, it's in my opinion the hardest school. If you don't feel you're ready, move on.

Celestia gave me FITS on my Life until I met a really cool Fire wizard and Death wizard. My Fire friend and I could blaze through stuff! Dragon is a wonderful spell! My Death friend and I could do stuff, but, it was slower. Once I got Forest Lord I could solo. LOL

To the OP-try a hit, heal, hit, heal pattern. That works well on Life. My "little" Life is in MB and has done it solo. She has had random people help help on 3-4 battles. Life can hit very nicely, not like Storm or Fire mind you. It is a slower paced battle. Plus with all those heals Life survives well. I have died twice on my "little" gal and it was my fault. I played really poorly to do die.

Megan