Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dragonsyre is the worst world yet!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
SO i like doing quests but dragonspyre quests are not fun at all! Why do they make it not fun any more :(. I mean i know i know it is the world you malistare is in and the malistare ark is almost over But they could make it a little more fun right? So fellow wizards what do you think? Do you think they could make it fun or do you think it should not me fun because of it is the end of malistare ark. Tell me what you think peace!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I personally like Dragonspyre! :) Been through it with 3 wizards and 1 more almost there. I'm looking forward to it. (Well maybe the spiders in the crystal area can get boring... but I enjoy the Labyrinth and the bosses at the Plaza. Of course, gotta love the Malistaire dungeon! :)

(The one that got tedious for me was all the running around quests in MB - playing messenger for the policeman ball and all. But I do all the side quests anyway - lol. So, DS is not the worst for me!)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dragonlad1230 wrote:
SO i like doing quests but dragonspyre quests are not fun at all! Why do they make it not fun any more :(. I mean i know i know it is the world you malistare is in and the malistare ark is almost over But they could make it a little more fun right? So fellow wizards what do you think? Do you think they could make it fun or do you think it should not me fun because of it is the end of malistare ark. Tell me what you think peace!

Fun, is in the eye of the beholder. It is really impossible for KI to understand what is fun to you. Therefore they usually try to make it fun for most everyone. I personally didn't find Marleybone very fun at all, but I trudged through it and have enjoyed all the rest since.

Although nothing beats Krokotopia. My all time favorite world.

Hang in there. More worlds are out there to explore after Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2011
I agree it's not as fun but it's nowhere near as bad as Marleybone. I hated that whole world and it made me nearly want to quit. Being pulled into duels all the time sucked. I still have one more dungeon to go in there but refuse to go because there are no proper pathways.

Community Leader
Dragonspyre is a great story. Areas I really liked are Grand chasm, Labyrinth, Drake hatchery Sunbrand quest line was really fun. I also loved the The Plaza of Conquests. Even the Great Spyre has a new Malistare encounter. Loved the story line. I think the area I least liked was the Crystal grove although very beautiful killing many spiders , well you know.

What I suggest and what I did with many of my alts, is if your not having fun with a area try a change of pace. Go to another area Like Grizzlehiem, its fun and a very pretty area then go back to Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
You guys saved me! Now i think dragonspyre will be more fun! Thanks i now think i will do quest in grizzleheim thanks guys. :D

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
I have to admit...so far DS isn't that fun so far, but as so many have done with MB they just trudge through! I think that KI knew that DS wasn't going to be as fun. They wanted to make it serious, probably, and they make up for the disappointment in Celestia! I have visited Celestia myself from my friends needing my help and it seems really exciting!

Master Pyromance, level 44, Allison DawnBringer! :D

Champion
May 03, 2011
It's true that DS isn't fun the way previous worlds were--probably b/c it's not as lighthearted. No pigs, cows, bears, and wolves. Dead people. Sad stuff, not that kid-friendly, at least for younger kids. If there were ratings for worlds, previous ones would be G, and this one would probably be PG. Having humans take the place of animals adds a sinister element. Also, it has a kind of punitive feel--like the Underworld, I guess--all the battles are hard, and many of the early ones are "tests" that just seem geared to make you suffer (e.g., those "protection pox"). It's fun in a more advanced way, I suppose--more challenging, more fun for real gamers. But I hear you, Dragonlad. It's like you're definitely not in Kansas anymore--and the bad guys seem more real, less drawn from fables and more from nightmares...

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I personally like DS only because I level up fast, not so much because I like doing the quests. I could care less as long as I level up because quests aren't that much important to me. On top of that, I find that fighting the creatures in DS is easier than the others, and doesn't take as long. I can kill the bosses easier, even if they have 3,000+ HP and have bigger spells than in the other worlds. But that's my opinion.

Brittany Heart
Thaumaturger
Lvl. 45

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
You need to be more specific as to what is not fun, do you not enjoy the theme, atomsphere, etc.? That would provide basis for possible improvement or constructive critisim, just a blanket statement of "worst world" is useless.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I loved DS except for the crystal grove but i know alot of people don't like it but i think tons of people think it's definatly better than MB. I really like the malistare dugeon (not that many people don't) and end up doing it 4 or 5 times a week with my friends.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I agree that the monsters in MB pulling you in was annoying but I honestly loved MB. If your talking about Celestia I agree 100 percent I despise that realm. Dragonsypre was actually pretty fun mainly getting your own drake and my level 45 gear made me look like a real dragon rider. I did hate the Crystal Cove no safe places at all there.

Aaron Drakewalker level 60
Pyromancer

Survivor
May 01, 2011
What I absolutely hate about d's is that lower levels can't help you with dungeons at all. My cousin and I play and she can't help me at all with missions.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
im barley on level twenty nine i think the dragonsyre looks pretty cool. now not so sure . :?

Explorer
Jun 14, 2009
MistaRoach wrote:
What I absolutely hate about d's is that lower levels can't help you with dungeons at all. My cousin and I play and she can't help me at all with missions.

I found my brother's character who's lvl 23 was a help cause he could pick up side quests that I had to do and he did them with me.

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
dragonlad1230 wrote:

I think DS is perfect the way it is. It was destroyed by the dragon titon, so how much nicer could it be? I think DS is fun, I was pumped up to beat Maistaire!

-The Silverblades

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
NoOoOOo! I like DS fine the way it is :? . It has already been changed a lot since wizard101 began: enemies made easier, less enemies to defeat, less tower floors. If it became any easier it wouldnt be fun! It is my favorite world! If anything has to be made easier I would say that should be Celestia.

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
I love dragonspyre! The end of the storyline is really interesting and the graphics are wonderful! It takes the best attributes of all the previous worlds- fun like wc, interesting story like kt, challenging and interesting monsters like mb, and beautiful graphics like ms!

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
dragonlad1230 wrote:

ugh i hate everybody complaning about dragonspyre beign to hard did you know that before it was even harder harder monsters longer towers and they fixed that and people are still complaning! i did the old dragonspyre the one that is harder i personally like that one better because that one actually gives you a challenge

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
i say marleybone rules! dragonspyre though

ouch!

the best world to me is always wintertusk
i know dragonspyre has malistaire, but it took seven months to win drogonspyre! frankly dragonspyre is boring! and really annoying
and give better music!!!

belgrim soulthief level 60 conjurer

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
If the game becomes not fun anymore, take a little time off playing and when you come back, it will be better. If you still think the quests are no fun, just stopp playing. Wizard1101 isn't a chore.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
dragonspyre is not the worst world, kingisle can't just do what you want!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
dragonlad1230 wrote:

Dude, you must be talking about MarleyBone. I think your on the wrong board. DragonSpyre is a very epic world! The storyline has to be one of the best around (of course my all time favorite world will always be Mooshu)! I think maybe you should rethink what you just posted. If you wanna talk boring, go to the MarleyBone chat room!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
tabby714 wrote:
It's true that DS isn't fun the way previous worlds were--probably b/c it's not as lighthearted. No pigs, cows, bears, and wolves. Dead people. Sad stuff, not that kid-friendly, at least for younger kids. If there were ratings for worlds, previous ones would be G, and this one would probably be PG. Having humans take the place of animals adds a sinister element. Also, it has a kind of punitive feel--like the Underworld, I guess--all the battles are hard, and many of the early ones are "tests" that just seem geared to make you suffer (e.g., those "protection pox"). It's fun in a more advanced way, I suppose--more challenging, more fun for real gamers. But I hear you, Dragonlad. It's like you're definitely not in Kansas anymore--and the bad guys seem more real, less drawn from fables and more from nightmares...

I think I've had nightmares that relate to some of the MOBS.