Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Wintertusk hard or is it just me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
NOTE: I might have posted this same thread before but I think I messed up at the end so you can delete this if I already have the same thing.

Anyways, I started Wintertusk at level 52 on my storm. I have all storm spells Triton, Tempest, and Storm Lord. I don't struggle that much on killing mobs in outside areas, maybe I die occasionally due to bad luck. But pretty much every boss I've done I needed help. I have good gear for my level. Is this just me or is Wintertusk that hard?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Tylerownsu wrote:
NOTE: I might have posted this same thread before but I think I messed up at the end so you can delete this if I already have the same thing.

Anyways, I started Wintertusk at level 52 on my storm. I have all storm spells Triton, Tempest, and Storm Lord. I don't struggle that much on killing mobs in outside areas, maybe I die occasionally due to bad luck. But pretty much every boss I've done I needed help. I have good gear for my level. Is this just me or is Wintertusk that hard?

Are you doing them solo? If so, the bosses here tend to be ice with very high health while dealing mutated storm damage. They can be challenging. I had a bit of trouble right at first with my myth, but a visit to the library fixed me right up. I suggest this... swing by the library and load up on ice shield treasure cards. Whenever you can't hit or heal, throw down an ice shield. Its not a bad idea to try and keep at least two ice shields on you at all times. After that... it was pretty easy.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2010
WT really isn't too hard, finished it in a few days. Could be just the fact most Diviners have low health, you might want to have some friends help you.
~Fallon DragonGem~
Legendary Pyromancer

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
yes it is kind of hard. expensively for the lower lvl wizards. as the bosses have high health, can use powerful attacks, start with more pips and cheat. so its not just you

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

And Yes, I am a Level 55 In Nostrilund, and I even have some trouble battling bosses, some bosses can cheat, they have rare and strong attacks, they start with power pips! But don't worry, you will be able to get through these enemies soon! :) Good Luck!

Survivor
May 16, 2011
It gets alot easier once you get used to it. I died three times against the ice skeletal warriors when i first got to wintertusk . It was as if i was fighting the suspense of Malistare every battle. Now I beat astrilund and am in vestrilund and think all the battles are quite easy and i am relaxed about them as i never die.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
Tylerownsu wrote:

There are a couple bosses in WT that are extremely difficult, such as FrostBranch. But otherwise now worries, the rest of them are easy. WT is also great gold farming area!

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
Wintertusk can seem to be a little hard at times. But it's easier once you get past Austilund. I think it was easier than Celestia. At least they're not any moon, star, or sun enemies in there. :-o

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Its not too hard its alittle challenging, but it could be harder. Not as hard as Celestia where you die daily but a challenge where in some cases your gonna need a friend to help you.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 60
Pyromancer

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Tylerownsu wrote:

No, its just you. Take a high lvl fiend with you.

Legendairy Pyromancer
Hunter WildHorn

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I admit it was hard at first but then i got used to it and i soloed it with my lv 60 storm wizard. good luck.