Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power pip problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Lately I have had a issue that sort of bugged me. A power pip is 2 pips right? Well how come if I start a fight with 2 power pips I cant use satyr? And if I have 4 power pips I loose all of them casting satyr. But I think it might just be me. Today, I was doing a boss with a friend and he had 3 power pips and casted satyr. After casting he had 1 power pip left. I asked him why and he said because his secondary school is life. Sadly,when I started the game I made the mistake of wasting 3 power pips on balance and 3 on myth. But I'm pretty sure I have most of my secondary school spells in life. If I train the rest of life spells does it count as my secondary school?

satyr

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Power pips only count as two pips in your primary school of magic: the one you chose when you created your wizard. You can also use power pips as two pips in a second school if you wear a Mastery Amulet for the second school. Mastery amulets are sold for Crowns, and some enemies drop them.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
'Secondary school' is just a term used that actually has no affect on how power pips work (or how anything else works in the game, really). Power pips only count as 2 for your primary school. The only way to use them as 2 for a second school is if you have a School Mastery amulet for that school. ex. if you get a Life school mastery amulet, you can cast satyr for 2 power pips while it's equipped. Hope that clears things up. -eli and crew

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
ok i have no clue what you said but normally you can only use power pips on your main school the only other time when you can use a power pip for another school is if you got a master amulet. so for example since i am fire if i got to power pips and i use elf it will only use one of them but if a ice does it it will take both of them as regular pips cause fire elf is not a ice spell but if it had fire mastery amulet it would only use one power pip

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Power pips only count towards spells from your primary school, so you could only cast Satyr with 2 powr pips if Life was your Primary school of magic.
The only exception would be if you had one of the new Mastery School amulets for Life from the crown shop; then you could also use Satyr with 2 power pips.

A secondary school is just a generic term to describe how you used most of your training points. There is no additional benefit to having a secondary school other than being able to cast the spells from that school.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Tylerownsu wrote:
Lately I have had a issue that sort of bugged me. A power pip is 2 pips right? Well how come if I start a fight with 2 power pips I cant use satyr? And if I have 4 power pips I loose all of them casting satyr. But I think it might just be me. Today, I was doing a boss with a friend and he had 3 power pips and casted satyr. After casting he had 1 power pip left. I asked him why and he said because his secondary school is life. Sadly,when I started the game I made the mistake of wasting 3 power pips on balance and 3 on myth. But I'm pretty sure I have most of my secondary school spells in life. If I train the rest of life spells does it count as my secondary school?

satyr

There is only three ways anyone can cast satyr with only 2 power pips.

1) use elucidate (I think that is name) treasure card which reduces the number of pips it takes to cast the spell.

2) Wear a Life mastery amulet that allows you to cast Life school spells as if it was your primary.

3) Your PRIMARY school is LIFE.

Your secondary schools do not get the bonus of power pips.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Tylerownsu wrote:

satyr

The only way your secondary school will use power pips like that is if you have a mastery amulet equipped.

Power pips only work for your primary school or polymorph school, unless you have that amulet.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Power Pips only count for your primary school. I'm not sure how it worked for your friend because my secondary school is life and i need four pips even if they are power pips.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Power pips only count for your main class not secondary, your friend probably had that new amulet which makes power pips count for another class.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
if you are a life wiz or even a wiz with a life amulet you should be able to use satyr with power pips if not then you dont have a problem you just can only use power pips for spells in your own school or have an amulet of mastery for.