Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Class Period for XP?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
What if twice a week, we could go to any class in Ravenwood or Krokotopia for 5 to 10 minutes and learn about the school's magic in a class period? But we would earn 1000 xp for going to the class. You could be able to pick a subject too. Say if I went to the Fire School. I walked in and talked to Professor Falmea. I clicked "class period" and then pick a subject. There would be five subjects:
- Spells: would talk about spells and their power
- Pets: would talk about the schools featured pets
- Clothes: would talk about unique clothing items for the school's wizards
- Famous Wizards- talk about famous school wizards from the real world
- Story Time- would talk about a story of a fake wizard from the school.
After I pick my subject, the teacher would talk for about five minutes about the subject I chose. When they are finished, I would earn 1000 xp. But you can only do this twice a week and it, of course, optional. If you have any ideas or add-ons about my idea please post them and tell me what you think. :) Thanks.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 58 Pyromancer

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
TROJAN250 wrote:
What if twice a week, we could go to any class in Ravenwood or Krokotopia for 5 to 10 minutes and learn about the school's magic in a class period? But we would earn 1000 xp for going to the class. You could be able to pick a subject too. Say if I went to the Fire School. I walked in and talked to Professor Falmea. I clicked "class period" and then pick a subject. There would be five subjects:
- Spells: would talk about spells and their power
- Pets: would talk about the schools featured pets
- Clothes: would talk about unique clothing items for the school's wizards
- Famous Wizards- talk about famous school wizards from the real world
- Story Time- would talk about a story of a fake wizard from the school.
After I pick my subject, the teacher would talk for about five minutes about the subject I chose. When they are finished, I would earn 1000 xp. But you can only do this twice a week and it, of course, optional. If you have any ideas or add-ons about my idea please post them and tell me what you think. :) Thanks.
- Josh Dragonbreeze lvl 58 Pyromancer

nice idea that will help a lot of wizards that have a hard time leveling up like me and maybe change that last one to something else maybe something like combos for that school

um ki please make this come true

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Nah, people would just use that to cheat their way around the game. It really isn't necessary; if you do all your quests (side quests included) you really shouldn't have a problem getting XP.

Defender
May 12, 2009
I love that idea! I would really enjoy going to class. I just think the XP should be different for each level. 1000 xp could make a really big difference to level one people. I'd be learning a lot. The only other thing I would suggest is you could do it more than twice a week for no xp the other times. Sorry if someone already posted these things I was too eager to post to read.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Nah, people would just use that to cheat their way around the game. It really isn't necessary; if you do all your quests (side quests included) you really shouldn't have a problem getting XP.
Hey guys its me, the author. Thanks to the first people to comment on this and I totally get what you are saying. The thing is, what if people ever run out of quests, I run out of quests all the time. And what if you dont feel like questing? I dont feel like questing sometimes, thats how I got this idea. Thanks for commenting and keep it up! :)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

100 percent true .. But you don't even have to do side quest i just did the main quest on my life with wintertusk i went into CL at lvl 52.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
No thanks, because if you do all of your side quests as well as your main quests, you'll be at the level cap well before you finish celestia and wintertusk.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
i actuley enjoy this idea! here is my opinion
Instead of waisting five minutes of your life, you could pay gold! also you can buy training points from a person in dragonspyre! :) :)

500xp:-1000 gold
1000xp:-2000 gold
1500xp:-3000 gold
2000xp:-4000 gold
4000xp:-8000 gold
10000xp:-20000 gold
-----------------------------------------
who would sell training points would be Cyrus Drake only from the bascilla though.
1 training point:-20,000 gold

Defender
May 31, 2009
NO XP!!!! But sure to the gold :D

You could choose your class, topic, and then learn it....

THROUGH A MINIGAME!

Okay, I mean really. Who wants to just read about stuff D:? I sure don't. Doing some kind of minigame would be cooler...

Like for learning the history, it could be a questions game about that school like 'Who is the <school> teacher?', etc.

For the clothing... It'd be like choosing the colors a <school> student should wear (like it says in the history books...). Be like those match cards where you slide 'em and match the right parts. Head, body, and shoes basically. Pretty simple chiz.

For the spells, it'd be like 'What are the first 3 spells you learn in the <school> School?' Then it would list some choices and you'd choose them. (This includes the exclusive spells, too maybe.)

That's wut I got! Hope you like :3

Sabrina, Legendary Thaumaturge (I hope to meet Rogan Dragonflame someday...Any day....Maybe now....)

Defender
Jun 04, 2009