Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malorn's Guide to the Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
Hello. This is my guide for the Waterworks. The Waterworks is a difficult place if you haven't been there already. Read this guide so you don't make some of the same mistakes I did.

First, talk to Glurrp. Glurrp will tell you to check out the water vortex and try to turn the valve. The valve won't budge. So, you go in the door that opens first. The first battle has Storm eels and Death sharks. After that duel is over, go in the next door. The next duel has Ice mechs and Storm crabs. After THAT duel, pull the 1st lever.

Then, go out of those rooms and go in the door across from you. There, you will find you have to play a game of follow the leader. Follow the eel to the correct levers. If you do the sequence correctly, you get a room full of health wisps. However, if you do the sequence incorrectly, you get a battle with 4 Storm eels. The next room has a boss. His name is Luska Charmbeak, a rank 12 Balance boss. Luska has 21,000 health. He will Ink the first player in the duel. After you defeat Luska, you get to pull the lever.

You're on your own now! At least this got you to the first 2 levers. (Note: Luska Charmbeak drops lvl 60 hats for all schools)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Do you have any tips or strategies for Luska? This post seems more like a preview of Waterworks than an actual guide.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
I was going kind of fast to notice that I didn't put any tips for Luska. Here's a couple tips to make up for it: Make sure to use a LOT of blades, and to have a Life wizard with you. Also, make sure to ONLY use spells that attack all enemies. (Scarecrow, Forest Lord, Tempest, Storm Lord, ect.)

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
wikiwizard wrote:
I was going kind of fast to notice that I didn't put any tips for Luska. Here's a couple tips to make up for it: Make sure to use a LOT of blades, and to have a Life wizard with you. Also, make sure to ONLY use spells that attack all enemies. (Scarecrow, Forest Lord, Tempest, Storm Lord, ect.)

Single-hits are safe, so long as you are one of the "Inked" players. From the start, the first spot is inked. How "Inking" works is this: the "Inked" players get a Smokescreen on them (unless there is already one active), all others receive a 70% Hex. The "Inked" wizards may use any spell without consequence, but note that Luska will always remove single-target traps, regardless of who places them. At 75% health, Luska inks the second spot in addition to the first. At 50% health, Luska inks the first 3 spots. The last spot is never inked, even if Luska has 1 health left. It is recommended to have the designated attacker in first, and a healer in last (to keep them safe from fizzles). From my experience, Luska favors Sandstorms, so bring Tower Shields to help counteract the Hexes on non-Inked wizards.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
wikiwizard wrote:

Single-hits are safe, so long as you are one of the "Inked" players. From the start, the first spot is inked. How "Inking" works is this: the "Inked" players get a Smokescreen on them (unless there is already one active), all others receive a 70% Hex. The "Inked" wizards may use any spell without consequence, but note that Luska will always remove single-target traps, regardless of who places them. At 75% health, Luska inks the second spot in addition to the first. At 50% health, Luska inks the first 3 spots. The last spot is never inked, even if Luska has 1 health left. It is recommended to have the designated attacker in first, and a healer in last (to keep them safe from fizzles). From my experience, Luska favors Sandstorms, so bring Tower Shields to help counteract the Hexes on non-Inked wizards.

Storm's multiple target trap spell can be used as well without it being removed.

Unlike the final boss, a bubble spell can be used here.

Also, you should metion the blue clams instead of the eel.

Cheers,

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Defender
Aug 05, 2009