Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizard101 TCG

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
ok so i know this has been thought of about a bajillion times :x but i thought i would post my ideas for it. i have thought of everything.

Gameplay
just like in the PC version of W101, you start out by shuffling your deck and drawing 7 cards from your deck. and at the start of each round, draw till you have 7 cards. i think the most appropriate deck maximum is 60 while the minimum is 20.

players would wear a type of wrist watch on there hand (similar to the yugioh duel disk but just a wrist attachment) this would electronically show health, mana, and experience as well as current lvl. at lvl one you start with the base health of whatever school you set yourself as in the device. when you beat and opponent, you input how much damage you did and the lvl of the opponent you faced. (this determines how much xp you will receive) ok, enough about the wrist system, now for the next part of gameplay

obviously this would be the same as the PC version, first player whose health drops to zero loses. for calculating damage, you need to know percent of change um, ya right! i was thinking the game can come with a calculater whose only function is adding percent to damage. so you would buff up and when you attack, you would add each buff to the calculater in the order that you had put the buffs on.

Of course you would have pips and power pips. you would use marbles for those. (clear for pip and yellow for power pip) the game set would come with seven pips and seven power pips, since you can only fit seven on the board anyway, you dont need more than that. the pips would work just like normal.

spell % would be determined with a 10 sided die. basically say i had the old wild bolt at 10%. i would have to roll a one. now say i equiped sun spell presision, this would give my spell 10% (unless i am mistaken) so it would now be at 20% accuracy. so i would have to either roll a 1 or a 2. it would go on higher the higher the accuracy of the spell. so for satyr to work you could roll any number 1-9. there would be no dice rolls for spells at 100% accuracy unless inflicted by black mantle

Battle Arena

i was thinking for the battle arena, you would have a flat plastic square platform, large, but small enough to fit on a table. in the middle of the platform would be the duel circle. (at a considerable size and it would have all the detail on it that it was in the game) also, you would place your attack in the center of the circle. (thats when you roll the dice.

on the ends the platform where the players sit would be card zones. they would be right at the foot of each side of the platform. (on all 4 sides for tag team games. i dont think there would be a way to do 8 players) this is so the zones are easier to reach. the zones would be labeled as follows: Global (bubbles), Charms, Wards, Discard Pile, and Deck.

at the far right of the platform (at the players view) would be a stand with seven slots for pips. (its set at an angle so both players can see the pips.

Additional equipment (not connected to battle arena)

1 word: "Pip Pool" (ok so that was 2 words, dont bash me for the joke.) basically what the pip pool is is a box that holds the pips. (enclosed so they cant be seen.) you press a button on the top of the box which shakes up the pips in the box so that it elimenates stacking. there is a small lever on the box that when pulled, randomly ejects a pip from the box. there is a small slide open conpartment that you put pips in after you use them, then you hit the shuffle button to mix them back in, and close the lid.

Booster Packs

so this idea is kind of complicated, so try to follow with me. there would be booster packs for each lvl. (i.e. novice, aprentice, initiate, etc.) your wrist watch type thing would be scanable. you cant buy packs that are for higher than your lvl. basically when you bring a pack to the register, they have to ask to scan your wrist watch thingy (any ideas on the name) and the pack must be exchanged for a lower lvl pack if your not a high enough lvl. one other thing that would make since to me is that you also cant buy packs of schools other than the school you chose in the wrist thing-a-ma-jig as the scanner would catch that. (astrals would not be included in this)

ideas for pack names would be like "Necromancy Apprentice booster", and "Balance Grandmaster booster" to name a few. there would be 10 cards per pack with 1 garenteed rare. :-D

closing comments
i saw in other posts that people suggested adding treasure cards, but i think that defeats the purpose of the whole one time use idea that was heavily implyed in the PC version. i guess they could have them if they expect you to rip up your card everytime you play one. ;)

i also dont understand how this has anything to do with gambling :? and influencing kids in that way.

the only real threat is see from this idea is card theft, or wrist thing-a-ma-jig theft for instant high lvl other than that, i think its a great idea.

i just dont think its a good idea to add gear bonuses, because after all, this is already a pretty advanced system for a card game.

ok well i think i have talked about this enough and i dont think i have left anything out, but if i did, plz tell me. comments are appreciated.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The best thing KingsIsle could do is have each pack packaged with a 'Single Use' promo code card that is good for an item, elixir, or some other gift.

You could get a Starter Box for 2 Player starting or a Starter Deck for 1 player starting (choice of School).

The Starter Box could contain 2 Decks, each of 30 Cards. Each Starter Box would contain 2 Promo Codes (one per deck) and each Deck would be one of 7 Schools. Each Deck would contain an NPC Card with the Player's Stats. Rarer NPC Cards would have better stats.

They could name the Boosters after the current boosters in game:
Wizard City (Standard W101 Spells up to level 15)
Krokotopia (W101 Spells 10 - 20)
MarleyBone (W101 Spells 20-30)
Mooshu (W101 Spells 30-40)
DragonSpyre (W101 Spells 40-50)
Grizzleheim & Wintertusk (Variant W101 Spells)
Celestia (W101 Spells 50-60)
Eye of Bartleby
Marvelous Minions
Hand of Doom
Dragon's Hoarde
Astral Homework (Spells of Star and Sun).

The Packs could contain 7 cards (standard KI Pack Size, CHANCE of a Character Card or Code Card), or be a standard of 9 cards (7 Playing cards, 1 Character Card, 1 Code Card). Pack prices would be best at $3.99 / pack (Standard TCG Pricing).

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
I would spend loads of money just to own them all :D
Plus when the game goes offline there will be Wizard101 Cards forever!!
P.s.... @Johnist- Sounds Perfect :D

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bakuganfan1 wrote:
ok so i know this has been thought of about a bajillion times :x but i thought i would post my ideas for it. i have thought of everything.

Gameplay
just like in the PC version of W101, you start out by shuffling your deck and drawing 7 cards from your deck. and at the start of each round, draw till you have 7 cards. i think the most appropriate deck maximum is 60 while the minimum is 20.

players would wear a type of wrist watch on there hand (similar to the yugioh duel disk but just a wrist attachment) this would electronically show health, mana, and experience as well as current lvl. at lvl one you start with the base health of whatever school you set yourself as in the device. when you beat and opponent, you input how much damage you did and the lvl of the opponent you faced. (this determines how much xp you will receive) ok, enough about the wrist system, now for the next part of gameplay

obviously this would be the same as the PC version, first player whose health drops to zero loses. for calculating damage, you need to know percent of change um, ya right! i was thinking the game can come with a calculater whose only function is adding percent to damage. so you would buff up and when you attack, you would add each buff to the calculater in the order that you had put the buffs on.

Of course you would have pips and power pips. you would use marbles for those. (clear for pip and yellow for power pip) the game set would come with seven pips and seven power pips, since you can only fit seven on the board anyway, you dont need more than that. the pips would work just like normal.

spell % would be determined with a 10 sided die. basically say i had the old wild bolt at 10%. i would have to roll a one. now say i equiped sun spell presision, this would give my spell 10% (unless i am mistaken) so it would now be at 20% accuracy. so i would have to either roll a 1 or a 2. it would go on higher the higher the accuracy of the spell. so for satyr to work you could roll any number 1-9. there would be no dice rolls for spells at 100% accuracy unless inflicted by black mantle

Battle Arena

i was thinking for the battle arena, you would have a flat plastic square platform, large, but small enough to fit on a table. in the middle of the platform would be the duel circle. (at a considerable size and it would have all the detail on it that it was in the game) also, you would place your attack in the center of the circle. (thats when you roll the dice.

on the ends the platform where the players sit would be card zones. they would be right at the foot of each side of the platform. (on all 4 sides for tag team games. i dont think there would be a way to do 8 players) this is so the zones are easier to reach. the zones would be labeled as follows: Global (bubbles), Charms, Wards, Discard Pile, and Deck.

at the far right of the platform (at the players view) would be a stand with seven slots for pips. (its set at an angle so both players can see the pips.

Additional equipment (not connected to battle arena)

1 word: "Pip Pool" (ok so that was 2 words, dont bash me for the joke.) basically what the pip pool is is a box that holds the pips. (enclosed so they cant be seen.) you press a button on the top of the box which shakes up the pips in the box so that it elimenates stacking. there is a small lever on the box that when pulled, randomly ejects a pip from the box. there is a small slide open conpartment that you put pips in after you use them, then you hit the shuffle button to mix them back in, and close the lid.

Booster Packs

so this idea is kind of complicated, so try to follow with me. there would be booster packs for each lvl. (i.e. novice, aprentice, initiate, etc.) your wrist watch type thing would be scanable. you cant buy packs that are for higher than your lvl. basically when you bring a pack to the register, they have to ask to scan your wrist watch thingy (any ideas on the name) and the pack must be exchanged for a lower lvl pack if your not a high enough lvl. one other thing that would make since to me is that you also cant buy packs of schools other than the school you chose in the wrist thing-a-ma-jig as the scanner would catch that. (astrals would not be included in this)

ideas for pack names would be like "Necromancy Apprentice booster", and "Balance Grandmaster booster" to name a few. there would be 10 cards per pack with 1 garenteed rare. :D

closing comments
i saw in other posts that people suggested adding treasure cards, but i think that defeats the purpose of the whole one time use idea that was heavily implyed in the PC version. i guess they could have them if they expect you to rip up your card everytime you play one.

i also dont understand how this has anything to do with gambling :? and influencing kids in that way.

the only real threat is see from this idea is card theft, or wrist thing-a-ma-jig theft for instant high lvl other than that, i think its a great idea.

i just dont think its a good idea to add gear bonuses, because after all, this is already a pretty advanced system for a card game.

ok well i think i have talked about this enough and i dont think i have left anything out, but if i did, plz tell me. comments are appreciated.

um first not every yugioh player uses a duel disk because they cost magor cash and second this idea seems kinda expensive
besides that it sounds great except maybe instead of the store scanning your wrist watch thing maybe the wrist watch thing will scan your cards and if they arent allowed at your current level it says instant fizzle and your opponent doesnt take any damage

p.s. i thought of a name for the wrist watch thing maybe call it the spell watch or wizard watch

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
um first not every yugioh player uses a duel disk because they cost magor cash and second this idea seems kinda expensive
besides that it sounds great except maybe instead of the store scanning your wrist watch thing maybe the wrist watch thing will scan your cards and if they arent allowed at your current level it says instant fizzle and your opponent doesnt take any damage

p.s. i thought of a name for the wrist watch thing maybe call it the spell watch or wizard watch

i know duel disk are expensive, even i dont use them, it was an example. i like your idea to improve my cards though. that would be nice. the name of wizard watch sounds funny, but i do like it. unless kingsisle runs out of world ideaas and cannot continue the game, then W101 will prolly never be a card game. (i would rather the actually game continue though)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
bakuganfan1 wrote:

i know duel disk are expensive, even i dont use them, it was an example. i like your idea to improve my cards though. that would be nice. the name of wizard watch sounds funny, but i do like it. unless kingsisle runs out of world ideaas and cannot continue the game, then W101 will prolly never be a card game. (i would rather the actually game continue though)

thank you for liking my way to improve the cards and also i wish this game will be on for as long as i live