Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, should BE 1v1, 2v2,3v3

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Well, at least you did not exaggerate... Now, can you honestly say, that myth can't win in pvp without a minion? Myth can stun, stun all, pierce shields, shatter shields, has attack twice in one round attacks that go through shields, has good attacks, good accuracy, good damage boosts

I never said they couldn't win without their minions. What I'm saying is, why are we suggesting that Myth shouldn't be able to incorporate 1/3 of their spells without doing the same to the other schools? It's not that removing minions prevents them from winning, but severely handicaps those players that play the Myth school with minions (how it was intended to play).

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
In pvp I usually consider summoning a minion to be a mistake.

I like it when my opponents waste pips on a minion. I try to always pack a multi hit for a minion killer.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
...into an incredibly unfair, unbalanced match because Talos has one thousand health. And he hits much harder than even the people that summoned him usually do.

For the OP.

Talos TC's are now no-PvP. If you see one, now you're facing a lvl >54 Myth.

The end.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
noizyboy1961 wrote:
I try to always pack a multi hit for a minion killer.

That's nice.

Not everyone has a multi-hit spell.

And of those schools that get them, some get them pretty late leaving the low levels with no multi-hit.

tell me, what multi-hit do you pack for your level 5 pvp mage to use against the high powered minion treasure card your level 10 opponent just played?

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
that would take many spell out of pvp if myth couldnt use minions. how would you like it if you could use rebirth or something in a match?

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Garrett15141 wrote:
that would take many spell out of pvp if myth couldnt use minions. how would you like it if you could use rebirth or something in a match?

Rebirth is literally useless. I threw it out of my deck, because it is only useful for battles if you have a lot of friends. Anyways, the card is already banned from PvP now , so things are now fair again.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
tanda1 wrote:
noizyboy1961 wrote:

That's nice.

And of those schools that get them, some get them pretty late leaving the low levels with no multi-hit.

tell me, what multi-hit do you pack for your level 5 pvp mage to use against the high powered minion treasure card your level 10 opponent just played?
Last i checked everyone did have a multi hit.

Storm-Tempest
Fire-meteor
Ice-Angel,Blizzard
Death-Scarecrow
Life-Lord
Myth-Earthquake,Frog
Balance-Sandstorm,Ra

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
(To make it even worse, now people can summon Talos

and that turns a match that's already unbalanced because of the extra person into an incredibly unfair, unbalanced match because Talos has one thousand health. And he hits much harder than even the people that summoned him usually do. Posted by someone else)

What is Talos may I ask? I know he is a minion of some sort but can you explain him? This would make my opinion on how fair pvp is change. At the moment I think pvp is fair.

Just asking,
Autumn Emeraldleaf

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
sherbertypony12 wrote:

and that turns a match that's already unbalanced because of the extra person into an incredibly unfair, unbalanced match because Talos has one thousand health. And he hits much harder than even the people that summoned him usually do. Posted by someone else)

What is Talos may I ask? I know he is a minion of some sort but can you explain him? This would make my opinion on how fair pvp is change. At the moment I think pvp is fair.

Just asking,
Autumn Emeraldleaf
Talos got banned from pvp a while back though. Its no worries anymore.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Talos got banned from pvp a while back though. Its no worries anymore.

Thanks for clearing this up. :-o A matter o' fact I just purchisted a Talos TC and he had a sword with a red circle crossing it out. I just don't get why he is so powerful. Using him seems a waste to me but what should I use him on? Not simple boss battles, not monster fights. He is just to valuble. I don't see how low levels could use him to tip the scale.

Thanks again,
Autumn Emeraldleaf

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
sherbertypony12 wrote:

Just asking,
Autumn Emeraldleaf

Hey Sherbert, Talos is Myth's latest and most advanced minion.
It comes with 1000 health, an inherent attack boost of about 30% inherent myth resist of 40%(maybe 45%) and can use spells like minotaur, earthquake and comes with power pips.

Think about most wizards level 30 and under. Don't see many with an attack boost that high right? Or let alone that type of resistance. It is clearly far too strong for low levels to deal with and as a treasure card has been banned for this reason.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
kingurz wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Half of Myths deck is not minions! Lets be realistic here and not over exaggerate!

Okay, realistically it is 1/3 of their spells. That is still a significant amount of cards Myth would not be able to use. So basically Myth would be left with two shield breaking spells and eight attack spells. Everyone gets traps, prisms, blades and multiple schools get stuns. So in 1v1 PvP, Myth would only be able to remove Tower Shields and Absorbs as a specialty then attack with mediocre damage spells. Minions were designed to offset the average damage of a Myth wizard.

Myth Attack Spells (8)
Blood Bat
Troll
Cyclops
Humongofrog
Minotaur
Earthquake
Orthus
Medusa

Myth Minion Spells (10)
Shield Minion
Subdue
Buff Minion
Siphon Health
Mend Minion
Draw Power
Golem Minion
Troll Minion
Cyclops Minion
Minotaur Minion
Talos

Myth Support Spells (12)
Myth Trap
Ether Shield
Time of Legend
Myth Shield
Vaporize
Myth Blade
Myth Prism
Pierce
Cleanse Ward
Stun
Blinding Light
Shatter

From the Myth School description:

The Myth School will train its student wizards to summon minions. Myth Wizards eventually get four different types of minions, each with a little different function. They have their own moderate damage spells with moderate accuracy, but a lot of their more functional spells deal with buffing, healing, and protecting their minions. They also have the ability of taking down defenses on other players, so if someone is stacking a bunch of defensive spells, a Myth wizard can get rid of them.

Are you kidding? ONE THIRD of their deck!!!?? I have a Myth legendary, I only keep 2 minions. That's a 1/32 out of my deck. Minions have too low health, never get power pips so it takes too long to attack, Talos only has 1000 health and he costs 5 pips, and minions aren't really good anymore. I used to like them on my Balance wizard using my Mander, then I ditched him at level 38, but I never really used it otherwise, and then Spectral Minion is a waste. I have no minions in my Balance wiz deck, 2 in my Myth. And yet, i hardly use it.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tanda1 wrote:
noizyboy1961 wrote:

That's nice.

Storm-Tempest
Fire-meteor
Ice-Angel,Blizzard
Death-Scarecrow
Life-Lord
Myth-Earthquake,Frog
Balance-Sandstorm,Ra

Last time I checked you don't get Ra, Forest Lord, and Angel at level 5, right?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
joujou11cool wrote:
kingurz wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Half of Myths deck is not minions! Lets be realistic here and not over exaggerate!

Okay, realistically it is 1/3 of their spells. That is still a significant amount of cards Myth would not be able to use. So basically Myth would be left with two shield breaking spells and eight attack spells. Everyone gets traps, prisms, blades and multiple schools get stuns. So in 1v1 PvP, Myth would only be able to remove Tower Shields and Absorbs as a specialty then attack with mediocre damage spells. Minions were designed to offset the average damage of a Myth wizard.

Myth Attack Spells (8)
Blood Bat
Troll
Cyclops
Humongofrog
Minotaur
Earthquake
Orthus
Medusa

Myth Minion Spells (10)
Shield Minion
Subdue
Buff Minion
Siphon Health
Mend Minion
Draw Power
Golem Minion
Troll Minion
Cyclops Minion
Minotaur Minion
Talos

Myth Support Spells (12)
Myth Trap
Ether Shield
Time of Legend
Myth Shield
Vaporize
Myth Blade
Myth Prism
Pierce
Cleanse Ward
Stun
Blinding Light
Shatter

From the Myth School description:

The Myth School will train its student wizards to summon minions. Myth Wizards eventually get four different types of minions, each with a little different function. They have their own moderate damage spells with moderate accuracy, but a lot of their more functional spells deal with buffing, healing, and protecting their minions. They also have the ability of taking down defenses on other players, so if someone is stacking a bunch of defensive spells, a Myth wizard can get rid of them.

Are you kidding? ONE THIRD of their deck!!!?? I have a Myth legendary, I only keep 2 minions. That's a 1/32 out of my deck. Minions have too low health, never get power pips so it takes too long to attack, Talos only has 1000 health and he costs 5 pips, and minions aren't really good anymore. I used to like them on my Balance wizard using my Mander, then I ditched him at level 38, but I never really used it otherwise, and then Spectral Minion is a waste. I have no minions in my Balance wiz deck, 2 in my Myth. And yet, i hardly use it.

Please reread my post. I never said anything about 1/3 of a myth wizard's deck. I said it was 1/3 of their entire spells.

What you choose to put in your deck for PvP is different from some of the suggestions in this post banning you from putting it in your PvP deck. Again, just because you personally don't use minions, doesn't mean the other 19 million wizards shouldn't either.

Talos provided an exceptional advantage to low level players and the PvP ban for treasure cards was merited. However, banning all minions from PvP is a little too extreme (especially when most posts on the forums complain about how bad they are).

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tanda1 wrote:
noizyboy1961 wrote:

That's nice.

Storm-Tempest
Fire-meteor
Ice-Angel,Blizzard
Death-Scarecrow
Life-Lord
Myth-Earthquake,Frog
Balance-Sandstorm,Ra

You don't get a minion at level 5 either, except Myth.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tanda1 wrote:
noizyboy1961 wrote:

That's nice.

Storm-Tempest
Fire-meteor
Ice-Angel,Blizzard
Death-Scarecrow
Life-Lord
Myth-Earthquake,Frog
Balance-Sandstorm,Ra

Last time I checked (again) you nor the person first quoted mentioned anything about not getting minions at a certain level.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Fin3cy6 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
Fin3cy6 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
tanda1 wrote:
noizyboy1961 wrote:

That's nice.

Storm-Tempest
Fire-meteor
Ice-Angel,Blizzard
Death-Scarecrow
Life-Lord
Myth-Earthquake,Frog
Balance-Sandstorm,Ra

Last time I checked (again) you nor the person first quoted mentioned anything about not getting minions at a certain level.

Let me rephrase:

If you are a level 5 wizard summoning a minion and your not a Myth school summoning a golem, then you are using a treasure card. Then it would be an option for your opponent to use a multi-hit spell to deal with the minion, via treasure card since no one gets a multi-hit below level 10.

Since the original dilemma above involved level 5 and 10 wizards and indicating that not all schools get multi-hits or they get them late in the game. It was an example of fighting treasure with treasure.