Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Ok, i have been hunting down ideas for school mounts online and some of them are well........ you know so i was thinking of some school mounts and here is what me and my friend came up with:

Death:
A dark horse with the shape of a nightmare pet(not the horse mounts that are fat and not very cool). It would be bigger than the regular horse by a little. It would a skeletal saddle and the mane would be like flowing darkness instead of hair(same with tail). The eyes would be the red or black. The wizard would be leaning forward so they don't bounce around.

Ice:
A polar bear would be cool for ice. It would not be a regular polar because it would have armor on it head and back and legs. The eyes can be giving off ice energy and the polar bear would breath ice breath when it stands still. It would be the size of a lion mount maybe a little bigger so the armor doesn't look awkward. Saddle would be part of the armor but more focused there.

Life:
Life would have a big deer with huge antlers. The deer would a vine going through the antlers the will give off life energy and maybe spots on the his skin. The saddle can be made out of vines with life energy coming them to. Size would be the same as griffin mount.(couldn't think of much here because unicorn is like the mount for life already)

Balance:
I thought a scorpion would be awesome here. It could resemble the scorpions from clash of the titans if you saw that. The skin would look the same in that movie and the the stinger would kinda hang above you. Saddle or no saddle?The claws would stay out in front of you and it would be as big as the ram mount.

Storm:
Storm could have a serpent like mount that moved side to side when it ran. It would be a greenish blue color and resemble leviathan. The eyes will spark electricity.There would be for whiskers coming off its face that would spark with electricity every now and then. Saddle would have boat like feel to it. It would be the longest mount in game but would show it because it would be almost coiled up.

Fire:
Fire was hard for us i haven't thought of it completely but here is what we got. A sun bird with the look of the rode runner on the old cartoon with the coyote. The wings could be singed and have embers come off when it moved. When it stands still it would have long legs that stood up.(not sure about that one) The size i am not really sure but you guys can help tell me. Saddle or no saddle?

Myth:
I really have no clue about myth. Maybe a two headed dog not really sure. Tell me what you think

K thank guys and tell what you think of these mounts and tell how you could get them by crowns or quest. Thx for the time and PEACE

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Like this idea.
Fire - I have two options : 1) Firecat
2) Phoenix, you would ride it like the manta ray
Life - I agree that the unicorn is already a life mount. The stag would work too though.

Myth - This is surprisingly hard. Most myth spells are upright and look slightly human - would be rather disturbing to ride one of them. The best option would probably be Orthrus.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
darkness322 wrote:
Death:
A dark horse with the shape of a nightmare pet(not the horse mounts that are fat and not very cool). It would be bigger than the regular horse by a little. It would a skeletal saddle and the mane would be like flowing darkness instead of hair(same with tail). The eyes would be the red or black. The wizard would be leaning forward so they don't bounce around.

I like this idea because it's not so "Death-y". It makes sense, but it isn't a cliché. I do think the skeletal saddle is a bit much. It'd be nice if the tail and mane's tips were grey.

Ice:
A polar bear would be cool for ice. It would not be a regular polar because it would have armor on it head and back and legs. The eyes can be giving off ice energy and the polar bear would breath ice breath when it stands still. It would be the size of a lion mount maybe a little bigger so the armor doesn't look awkward. Saddle would be part of the armor but more focused there.

I usually cringe whenever I see 'Ice' and 'polar bear' in the same sentence because it's usually a spell idea and I just think a polar bear attack would be ridiculous. Anyway, I don't have a Thaumaturge, but I like the idea of a polar bear mount for Ice.

Life:
Life would have a big deer with huge antlers. The deer would a vine going through the antlers the will give off life energy and maybe spots on the his skin. The saddle can be made out of vines with life energy coming them to. Size would be the same as griffin mount.(couldn't think of much here because unicorn is like the mount for life already)

I love the buck mount idea, but I think instead of antlers intertwined with vines, it should just have tree branch antlers. I don't think I could see it having a saddle; it should have a mat (or whatever they're called) like the ram mounts in the Crown shop.

Balance:
I thought a scorpion would be awesome here. It could resemble the scorpions from clash of the titans if you saw that. The skin would look the same in that movie and the the stinger would kinda hang above you. Saddle or no saddle?The claws would stay out in front of you and it would be as big as the ram mount.

Thy kingdom for a scorpion mount...I think it should stay somewhat true to the spell and keep that crimson color. Also, I think the stinger should only hang over the wizard when stationary, not when mobile. I think it should have a saddle similar to the manta ray saddle.

Storm:
Storm could have a serpent like mount that moved side to side when it ran. It would be a greenish blue color and resemble leviathan. The eyes will spark electricity.There would be for whiskers coming off its face that would spark with electricity every now and then. Saddle would have boat like feel to it. It would be the longest mount in game but would show it because it would be almost coiled up.

I'll be honest and say I like my Diviner's manta ray pet more. Sorry; I like the idea of a Leviathan mount, but the movement sounds so weird. The way Ice Serpent pets slither along the ground is weird and I'm imagining the way that would look with a mount...yecch.

Fire:
Fire was hard for us i haven't thought of it completely but here is what we got. A sun bird with the look of the rode runner on the old cartoon with the coyote. The wings could be singed and have embers come off when it moved. When it stands still it would have long legs that stood up.(not sure about that one) The size i am not really sure but you guys can help tell me. Saddle or no saddle?

Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons arent old; they're timeless! Okay anyway, no. Just, no. I'm getting a mental picture of Big Bird being set on fire. What about a Heckhound? That'd be an awesome mount.

Myth:
I really have no clue about myth. Maybe a two headed dog not really sure.

Orthrus and Gryphon are the only things I can think of.

Final Thoughts: Not bad. Keep up the good work.

Defender
May 31, 2009
Awesome! But there are many forums about this...

But personally these are the best ideas I've seen.

Also, I thought of some ideas too ;)

Ice: Amarok (giant ice wolf) A wolf with blue fur and crystalline looking eyes.

Fire: The nightmare pet, basically. Just call it fire horse and color it red, waboom.

Storm: StormBird- a giant metal phoenix, but without the flames. Oh, and also, a Cloud!

Death: Giant danger hound. Black Shuck as they call it in mythology...
Basically, a giant Black Dog...

Life: Green Hegehog with flowers growing on it (like a bush!!!)

Myth: Giant Bloodbat, i guess. (nothing really goes BAM! in my mind with Myth)

Balance: Ghost Bull- A ghost bull with horns and a mane made up of wisps (sort of like the ones floating around, but clumped together)

Well, thats my ideas.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
K thank guys and tell what you think of these mounts and tell how you could get them by crowns or quest. Thx for the time and PEACE

As to this I wouldn't want to see them as quests. If they came from quests, they would have to be slower, and I would rather ride my school mount.

I would like to see them for crowns and gold in the crown shop, like the brooms, lions, tiger, etc, so then anyone could get them but it would take a lot of work.

I love the buck mount idea, but I think instead of antlers intertwined with vines, it should just have tree branch antlers. I don't think I could see it having a saddle; it should have a mat (or whatever they're called) like the ram mounts in the Crown shop.

I like this idea for the stag for life.