Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sages, and Demons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Hey guys, ok so i got this idea looking at all these forums about new schools here and there, lot of good ideas out there, but heres another idea... so what if when you reach level 60 (after they extend level cap of course) you have a choice, of choosing a dark-lightish path, the light path would be called (P.S. just making these names up they could be called anything) Sages, and the Dark would be called Demons, if you choose sage you will advance in the game and learn different spells than what Demons would learn, Sages would represent, Good, and Demons, obvuiously, would represent Evil, and the schools where you learn the spells woudl have to be in a new world (like i said earlier they would most likely put this in after a level cap, and new world) or could be add ons to old characters already in the game, and a lot of those old empty buldings in the games that players want to see would be opean (all depending on your choice) also your armor would change with the school as well,(Sages would be a smoothe easy on the eyes look, Demons would be rough and spiked some what raggady looking) so i think i'd be a cool idea, tell me what you guys think, ok thanks appreciate the views.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
This sounds really cool and would really spice up the game. i vote yes for this idea

The Great Richard Shadowheart Lvl 26 8) 8)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
i dont think this is a good idea. its already planned that this arc will be about morganthe and it will end at lvl 100. so i guess your idea may work as an idea for the whole third arc to be based around. sages vs demons anyone?

i dont think that wizards that choose demon side should have there appearance changed. a lot of people will not like that. (i would choose demon and i am included in those that would not like it)

one other thing i would like to bring up is that neither side should learn stronger spells or different spells. it should be the same for there school wheather they are sage or demon. the thing that would be different would be who you fight

the problem with this idea is that it would take a long time for kingsisle to make 2 storylines for each world. (one for sage, and one for demons) we would need 2 storylines per world so that it is actually different gameplay.

something that would help is that you can have the opposite race on your friends list, but they have a different storyline so you would not be serperated socially by sage or demon.

sages and demons should have same equipment and same stats, but the demon equipment may look more beastly while the sage equipment looks more like classic wizard101 atier.

well i have a ton of other things i can sit and talk about, but i think i have made this post long enough. so i shall leave you with that. btw kingsisle, i would like to thank you for this AWESOME game!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
zachary33 wrote:
Hey guys, ok so i got this idea looking at all these forums about new schools here and there, lot of good ideas out there, but heres another idea... so what if when you reach level 60 (after they extend level cap of course) you have a choice, of choosing a dark-lightish path, the light path would be called (P.S. just making these names up they could be called anything) Sages, and the Dark would be called Demons, if you choose sage you will advance in the game and learn different spells than what Demons would learn, Sages would represent, Good, and Demons, obvuiously, would represent Evil, and the schools where you learn the spells woudl have to be in a new world (like i said earlier they would most likely put this in after a level cap, and new world) or could be add ons to old characters already in the game, and a lot of those old empty buldings in the games that players want to see would be opean (all depending on your choice) also your armor would change with the school as well,(Sages would be a smoothe easy on the eyes look, Demons would be rough and spiked some what raggady looking) so i think i'd be a cool idea, tell me what you guys think, ok thanks appreciate the views.

No, I wouldn't want to be a Sage or Demon. That'd well, kind of make this game something it's not. I really can't say I like this idea at all. Sorry, this is not a good idea (at all).

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I would not know what to choose, it would depend on the spells. (I might also go with the opposite of what the majority of diviners pick: They think they are so powerful. Well let me tell you something. Our level 48 spell is about 101 more damage than yours, and the spell we get at level 18 (heckhound) is ten damage better than the spell you guys get at level 58. And the best part is, at least our level 55 spell (power link) does not kill us like yours (insane bolt) does.)

Rogan Dragonflame, legendary pyromancer, author of the destined ones.
"The heat of the sun keeps us alive, but the heat of the flame, can bring us great pain."
"If you don't become good by yourself, then be cleansed by the flames of my fiery wrath!"

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
Hey guys i read some of the comments, and dont take offense, but its not weither you like it or not, its if it would fit into the game, and like i said the sage and demon thing can be changed to different names and ideas, not good and evil but some other thing, heck it could be red vs blue lol, but anyways thanks for the views.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
bakuganfan1 wrote:
i dont think this is a good idea. its already planned that this arc will be about morganthe and it will end at lvl 100. so i guess your idea may work as an idea for the whole third arc to be based around. sages vs demons anyone?

i dont think that wizards that choose demon side should have there appearance changed. a lot of people will not like that. (i would choose demon and i am included in those that would not like it)

one other thing i would like to bring up is that neither side should learn stronger spells or different spells. it should be the same for there school wheather they are sage or demon. the thing that would be different would be who you fight

the problem with this idea is that it would take a long time for kingsisle to make 2 storylines for each world. (one for sage, and one for demons) we would need 2 storylines per world so that it is actually different gameplay.

something that would help is that you can have the opposite race on your friends list, but they have a different storyline so you would not be serperated socially by sage or demon.

sages and demons should have same equipment and same stats, but the demon equipment may look more beastly while the sage equipment looks more like classic wizard101 atier.

well i have a ton of other things i can sit and talk about, but i think i have made this post long enough. so i shall leave you with that. btw kingsisle, i would like to thank you for this AWESOME game!

Who says it has to end at 100?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
zachary33 wrote:
Hey guys i read some of the comments, and dont take offense, but its not weither you like it or not, its if it would fit into the game, and like i said the sage and demon thing can be changed to different names and ideas, not good and evil but some other thing, heck it could be red vs blue lol, but anyways thanks for the views.

Oh! Well, in that case...no. This would stick out like a sore thumb because it doesn't fit in with the storyline in any way.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
mman17 wrote:
zachary33 wrote:

No, I wouldn't want to be a Sage or Demon. That'd well, kind of make this game something it's not. I really can't say I like this idea at all. Sorry, this is not a good idea (at all).

Zachary 33, dose last two sentances were un-necesary and mean. ESpecially that (at all) part. You could easily just said The first tow sentances. How would you like it if you spent a lot of time working on something and someone said it was terrible?

I think this is a creative idea rom a creative wizard. I hope KI looks at this!

Blaze STrongpyre-Level 39 Sorceror

Explorer
May 25, 2009
I like this but there is A LOT of problems if they did that!
So obviously people that choose the good side would be angels and the other side would be demons.
( i would choose angels because i am christian.)
But idk if i would i mean i love the idea but then it would be kinda crazy fighting Merle Ambrose.
And think of all new mounts! for angels side there could be: cloud, star mounts!
for devil side, dinosaurs, devil dragon. wolf.
My vote is a 100% yes!!!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Milesami123 wrote:
mman17 wrote:
zachary33 wrote:

Zachary 33, dose last two sentances were un-necesary and mean. ESpecially that (at all) part. You could easily just said The first tow sentances. How would you like it if you spent a lot of time working on something and someone said it was terrible?

It's my opinion. Geez. I really feel like I want to leave the boards before my account ends.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Milesami123 wrote:

I believe you're talking to mman17. It's his opinion. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it, and since zachary33 doesn't care if people like/dislike his idea, why are you defending him?

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
bravevline wrote:
bakuganfan1 wrote:

Who says it has to end at 100?

well um, to my understanding, someone from kingsisle in an interview already confirmed that the morganthe arc will end with the lvl cap at 100. i hope they do make a third arc for higher than 100 though.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I like the concept of it! Perhaps the school spells were to develop naturally but when you choose a dark or light path it can give you an extra 2 spells per level cap according to what way you choose to go.

I think this is a interesting idea. Don't listen to people trying to run you down :)
Let your thoughts flow man.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Milesami123 wrote:

I believe you're talking to mman17. It's his opinion. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it, and since zachary33 doesn't care if people like/dislike his idea, why are you defending him?

Thanks for the backup, Akihiro. I owe you one! Hehehe....

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
mman17 wrote:
Thanks for the backup, Akihiro. I owe you one! Hehehe....

Ah, it's no big deal.