Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Computer crash problems.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I can log on and enter the game just fine. But around 10 minutes of playing my lap top will shut shut off suddenly as if the power was disconnected somewhere. Battery is snug and aside from that, it's plugged into a wall outlet any ways. I checked all of my video driver details, they are working. My lap top is on a cooling station and never gets hot, so that eliminates over heating. I do run the game with all the details on high, but it has run the game perfectly for half a year just fine, up until today.

Any help?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Has your computer updated recently? If so something within an update may have caused a glitch. If possible, you could restore your computer to an earlier date (when it was working) and see if that helps.

You may also want to run a virus scan to make sure there are no viruses.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Champion
May 03, 2011
I am also having problems for the first time today. My desktop is running fine except for the game, so I don't know what's up.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
It sounds like a problem with the laptop rather than with the Wizard101 software. You can do the usual and check the system logs for any info about the crash, or run diagnostics if your laptop has them installed.
Beyond that you will probably need to contact tech suppport for the laptop.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
superluther wrote:
Has your computer updated recently? If so something within an update may have caused a glitch. If possible, you could restore your computer to an earlier date (when it was working) and see if that helps.

how could changing the date to when it the computer was working make it working it will still work bad not trying to be rude but seriously how could it help

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
julia88888 wrote:
superluther wrote:

how could changing the date to when it the computer was working make it working it will still work bad not trying to be rude but seriously how could it help

You do not change the date on the computer. Changing the date on your computer can cause problems with security certificates.

You go to the system restore and choose a date when the computer was working properly. You then RESTORE the system (computer) to the date of your choosing.

For example...Not long ago, my lap top would keep shutting down my virus protection. The problem was not a trojan or a virus. Something had happened during an update that caused a glitch. I went to system tools and restored my settings to how they were two days previously. This caused the anti-virus program to update again--this time properly.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life