Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Equiping school pets

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I'm real, REAL, tired of watching people running around on low level characters with high level school pets.

You're supposed to reach a certain level to even GET the pet and it's supposed to be earned through a quest.

I'm asking KI to make it impossible to equip a school pet UNLESS the necessary quest to acquire it has been completed by the character that wants to use it.

This is especially important for PVP balance, because far too many people level a character to get the high level school pet, then train it up, and then make a newbie of the same school and put the high level school pet on it.

At that point, they fight other low level people who have no chance at all. They pass a few rounds and play the pet card, shooting up the ranks to warlord - thus ruining PVP for all the newbies who can't cheat in this manner.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
If someone wants to do that, that is their choice. I did that once, but I never did PVP. You're trying to ban something that could help new wizards beat the game just for PVP? It is only a minor part of the game. The major part is actually doing quests and going through the worlds of the Spiral. You're going to try to ruin the chance of somebody (like me) beating the game just for PVP. My pet helped me solo the game and I'd like to keep it that way. If you don't like the way people cheat, don't do PVP. That's all there is to it.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
If they do that, then people will have even less reason to make multiples of the same school wizard. What do you do when people start breeding their level 48 pets with starter pets, to try and pass the school pet's abilities to the weaker pet? When I say starter pet I mean the pets that you can buy for gold in the wizard city pet shop. I will also point out that it would be possible to make a starter pet, like fire cat, with a high pedigree if they breed it, and each fire cat they get from it, with a sea dragon. Then you have a "low level pet" with awesome abilities. I have a starfish with an ability that gives me a blizzard card. If I kept breeding it I am sure I could get it passed to one of the wizard city pet shop pets.

So you wouldn't stop your problem by restricting which levels could equip the school pets. You would just have a few players who spent a lot of gold, and time, breeding cute little death machines. Then those few would rule pvp at the low level brackets. You would then have to breed your own pet just to catch up. It is a lot easer to make a duplicate wizard than to breed the perfect pet, cheaper too.
I mean, the player did do the quest.
Do you really want to breed a fire cat, a few hundred times, so that it has the skills that give you a meteor card and a feint card? It is possible and someone will do it if it gives them enough advantage.