Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's with the lvl 58 spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
If you look at what they do, alot don't fit the school thier in.

I will post each car stats and why their out of their school specials:

Efreet - Does 895 damage and reduces next attack by 90%
How is that anything like a fire spell, it shouldv'e been a DOT spell with a bonus like removing all Blades or shields. It fits ice better if you ask me, except damage being to high for ice.

Snow Angel - Does 100 + 660 over three rounds and tuants all enemies.
The thing that bugs me about this one is that it's a DOT. That's fire's job, They should've just made the damage weakened and only one hit then, given you a stronger version of tower shield, like a 80% one. The tuants are fine though.

Leviathan - Does 1030 damage and removes two blades.
The only thing that i dislike is that it's a solid number, storm should be risky and there for i'd prefer if it did something around 900 - 1100.

Medusa - Does 770 damage and stuns for two rounds.
What the heck i thought stuns were for ice. This should've either hit all enemies or summoned a strong minion along with the damage.

Ra - 500-640 to all enemies.
This one isn't much of a problem but AOE spells are more of myths thing though balance also has a few. Still I'd prefer if it hit in three different elements (perhaps death, myth, and life considering we don't have a spell for that but we do have blades for it) or gave you and all your allies a power pip. Though the damage would still hit an enemy, just only one.

Forest lord - 540-620 to all enemies
Once again this more of a myth thing. It should've been a little higher damage but only hit one enemy, but also heal all allies and yourself 500 hp or somewhere around that.

Skeletal Dragon - 200 + 810 over 3 rounds
This is a DOT spell which is fire's job. I wouldv'e prefered if it hit like a 800 and then gave you a 60% death blade, or like deaths more featured ability, or steal 150 health from all enemies.

Though i know they won't change the cards now, i hope in farther expansions the cards stay closer to the abilities of each element and not steal from each other.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
You do realize Life was the only school without an AOE damage spell? We have Unicorn and Rebirth which are AOE heals. I say THANK YOU KI for finally giving us one! Life in the Spiral is so much easier since I can hit all enemies. I hope at some point in the future we get another.

All of the schools have elements of the others. By your logic only Life should have heals since that is our big thing. I just don't get it.

I respectfully disagree with your post.

Megan

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ebilmage wrote:
If you look at what they do, alot don't fit the school thier in.

I will post each car stats and why their out of their school specials:

Efreet - Does 895 damage and reduces next attack by 90%
How is that anything like a fire spell, it shouldv'e been a DOT spell with a bonus like removing all Blades or shields. It fits ice better if you ask me, except damage being to high for ice.

Snow Angel - Does 100 + 660 over three rounds and tuants all enemies.
The thing that bugs me about this one is that it's a DOT. That's fire's job, They should've just made the damage weakened and only one hit then, given you a stronger version of tower shield, like a 80% one. The tuants are fine though.

Leviathan - Does 1030 damage and removes two blades.
The only thing that i dislike is that it's a solid number, storm should be risky and there for i'd prefer if it did something around 900 - 1100.

Medusa - Does 770 damage and stuns for two rounds.
What the heck i thought stuns were for ice. This should've either hit all enemies or summoned a strong minion along with the damage.

Ra - 500-640 to all enemies.
This one isn't much of a problem but AOE spells are more of myths thing though balance also has a few. Still I'd prefer if it hit in three different elements (perhaps death, myth, and life considering we don't have a spell for that but we do have blades for it) or gave you and all your allies a power pip. Though the damage would still hit an enemy, just only one.

Forest lord - 540-620 to all enemies
Once again this more of a myth thing. It should've been a little higher damage but only hit one enemy, but also heal all allies and yourself 500 hp or somewhere around that.

Skeletal Dragon - 200 + 810 over 3 rounds
This is a DOT spell which is fire's job. I wouldv'e prefered if it hit like a 800 and then gave you a 60% death blade, or like deaths more featured ability, or steal 150 health from all enemies.

Though i know they won't change the cards now, i hope in farther expansions the cards stay closer to the abilities of each element and not steal from each other.

ok about the fire level 58 spell true fire is aout dot spells but listen the huge weakness on the enemy gives you another turn or so for a dot spell to finish the enemy off
and dont say that death and ice shouldnt have dot spells because its stealing fire school's style.
death and ice had dot spells beofre these
ice has frostbite and death has poison both are very good but when ya get to cl those spells dont help as much so they created snow angel and skeleton dragon to be a better and stronger version or the ice dot spell and death dot spell

there is nothing wrong with the level 58 spells they shared one part of them with another so each school has a taste of another

Survivor
May 16, 2011
Ya i'm glad they don't stick with the schools heres why

life- forest lord is needed for life as it doesn't have any other damage all spells while every other school does. Plus if the level 58 spell was a heal it would just add to the 20 other healing spells we don't need.

fire- whats the point of giving them a high power aot if a high pip heckhound would do the same. Think of efreet more as a high power helefant with a added bonus.

myth- well myth has plenty of attack all and minion spells so medusas great. The reason medusa stuns is because its medusa she turns you to stone. And actually myth has more stuns then ice.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
well, being a sorcerer myself, i DO think ra should give a small buff/debuff along with the damage since balance controls the battlefield itself

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
to those of you saying they've had past spells with DOT or AOE. well it shouldn't have happened either. I would've prefered if KI decided to keep the schools specialtys throughout all the spells, and maybe make new ones later for them but not take them from other schools. It just doesn't seem right that oh your fire now you get DOT, then you see and ice or death use a DOt and you think, great what's so speical about my school now. BTW i am not fire so im not just defending my element. I am a balance wizard and felt like all the spells needed a slight or major change.

Defender
May 12, 2009
The whole point is so each school is balanced. You can't only let fire have DOTS and only let ice stun, it's crazy! Each school needs a bit of each type of attack, they don't only go by thei usual attacks. The game would get really dull if we could answer what fire's next attack spell is by saying, "It's a DOT that's kind of strong. I thought it was good to see all schools try something new. Wouldn't you guys agree? :)