Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Send Pet on Vacation Training Option

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Pet games are becoming really old in terms of training pets. What I would like to do is to take my pet to a hotel, pay a stated amount in gold, leave a bunch of food for my pet to consume, and then be giving a time to which I can pick up my pet after it has trained up a bit with the food I left it.

I see lots of people with pets who never train them, and when you ask them why they don't they say they don't have time for the pet games or just don't like them. There should be another alternative to training up pets.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
seasnake wrote:
Pet games are becoming really old in terms of training pets. What I would like to do is to take my pet to a hotel, pay a stated amount in gold, leave a bunch of food for my pet to consume, and then be giving a time to which I can pick up my pet after it has trained up a bit with the food I left it.

I see lots of people with pets who never train them, and when you ask them why they don't they say they don't have time for the pet games or just don't like them. There should be another alternative to training up pets.

Totally, like in Unicorn Way or something or in some place like Golem Court or in the Pet Pavillion or in some place you have so much room and nothing to do with. :D It would make so many people more happy and make leveling your guy easier. :D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Nearly everything about Pets KI did a great job on, but training them was a miss for me.

I think pet training should be more hands on instead of this abandonment idea, but I suppose I feel that way due to too much pokemon

We get small amounts of exp when fighting battles, why not use that to level up the pets?

Still, this Vacation Hotel idea is an improvement.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Yea like a pet daycare center or something. I just hope if they do that it won't become a crowns thing.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Hmm... reminds me of a thing I saw on a Pokemon game where I left a Pokemon I didn't really like but had to level up at a daycare. The only thing was it would decide for me if I wanted to teach that Pokemon a move and which one to replace. I was worried that this would happen so I took my Pokemon back, only to find out it was too late! It turned out alright though. I the idea of sending pets to a vacation or daycare center would be fine, but I would add the idea of it telling you how much experience you would get for sending the pet there.

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
I would like to see an "on the job training " option. Level our pets to adult then get a small amount of xp when they are equiped during battles. We would also have the option to level them the same way as we do now. It would help break the boredom of repeated games.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
I really like this idea! i would have never thought about that!

Yes i never wanna train my pet because to be honest i dont really like the pet training games that much...

But i like the hotel idea!
And you should be able to sign up to work for gold there!
Like say you dont wanna trust some random person so you trust a friend....so they train it for money.

I would be constantly training someones pet for them if i could! that would actually be enjoyable!
But just make sure that when the thing ends you get your pet or pets back!
(example of my idea)
set the price to train someones pet for a time period then train their pet and well if she gets it to adult by that time go hatch with someone if you can afford it!

Oh btw i love the idea and i hope it makes it to inside the game! :D

Explorer
May 25, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
Yea like a pet daycare center or something. I just hope if they do that it won't become a crowns thing.

Same i would srsly hate if they put a hotel or daycare system in for pets then they made it crowns only.

But i love daycare or hotel something.
Maybe you could also take them on vacation or something!
Well anyway if this ever gets figured out well i hope it works cause i am sick of training my pets for 4+ every game!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
I think we should be able to send the pets in to battle to earn exp. and drops. This is how we had to train, it worked for us it should work for our pets. 8)

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I would love an easier way to train up pets too, but from a financial standpoint, I think KI makes too much money on Mega-Snack packs and energy elixirs to give it up. On a normal day, I can stand in the pet pavillion and every 5-10 minutes I will see someone buy an energy elixir (it shows this to other players for some reason). It is a steady income source for KI.

I do like the pet exp idea, and have suggested it myself in the past. After all, if you pet watches you fight 1000 battles, they should be learning more from that than they would from being shot out of a cannon.

I also think we should be able to send our pets out once a day to 'look' for stuff. Like pay 1,000 gold to have them search Triton Avenue for a day. They come back 24 hours later with something. May be as lousy as a piece of mistwood or as good as having another pet follow them home. Cost is higher for higher leveled areas and you can only send them to places you have unlocked. I love 'random' stuff. As evidenced by the ridiculous amount of crowns I spent on Dragon Hoard packs, LOL. A pet search option would be fun. :)