Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Graphics Driver (Is it correct?)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
Hello,

I have learned that I must have updated my graphics driver for Wizard101 a few weeks ago, and yesterday I got the time to do so, I updated it... But, all I see is the file in my 'Downloads' folder, I search through the folder, and everything looks fine, but there is one application in the folder called 'Setup' and I don't know if I must run it to officially install it on the computer. Do I just leave the folder there, or use the application? What concerns me is when I downloaded it from the Intel website, It just added the file, no setup sequence, is that really how it installs? Or must I use the 'Setup' application on the folder? Please help me! I HAVE A WINDOWS 7! Thanks!

-Justin3620 (Level 34 Necromancer)

Administrator
Hello Justin,

If you downloaded the files from the Intel Website they should be a filename associated with the version of the driver with an exe at the end.. For example: File name: win7_1512754.exe

Head back over to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng and either run the "intel driver update utility" or if you know your graphics card use the menu system to locate the driver. Before you download it will say what it is called in the details area.

If you still need help, just send us a copy of your dxdiag (To support@wizard101.com) and our support team will help you locate it.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
Mr Lincoln wrote:
Hello Justin,

If you downloaded the files from the Intel Website they should be a filename associated with the version of the driver with an exe at the end.. For example: File name: win7_1512754.exe

Head back over to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng and either run the "intel driver update utility" or if you know your graphics card use the menu system to locate the driver. Before you download it will say what it is called in the details area.

If you still need help, just send us a copy of your dxdiag (To support@wizard101.com) and our support team will help you locate it.

Hello, yes! I checked my folder name it is called 'Win7Vista_64_151716' But, my main problem is that the Wizard101 program may still hardware lock after about 50 minutes of gameplay, which restarting my laptop is horrible for it's hardware duration. Do you have any suggestions on what I should do, and I am going to install the Intel Driver Update Utility right now! Thank You! Respond as soon as possible, Mr Lincoln, Thanks! Rock On Wizard101! :)

-Justin3620 (Level 35 Necromancer)

Explorer
May 09, 2011
UPDATE: I have looked into this... The Driver Update Utility couldn't update it because they have generic versions of drivers, and they want me to check with my manufacturer, and all I know is... I think the Support staff 2 months ago that told me to download this driver, and I know how you (Mr Lincoln) said there has to be .exe at the end, at the Intel website I downloaded the one with (zip) at the end, but below it there is an option to download the (exe) one, do I download the (exe) one, maybe I just made a slight mistake after all... Is the (exe) the correct file to download, because all this time I downloaded the (zip) one. Hehe, silly me!

-Justin3620 (Level 35 Necromancer)