Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hmm... the scales of justice

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Just something I was playing with. A balance spell:

Scales of justice
1 pip
Reverse the effect of one ward or charm:

If I am hit with weakness, the scales of justice turns that -25% into +25% for my hit.

If someone uses a tower, the scales of justice will turn that tower into a -50% ward.

+35% fire blade? Nope, -35% fire blade!

It will only affect the last ward or charm cast on whoever the target is.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
cool idea, but i think it should cost more pips maybe two

Morgrim Icetalon
legendary pyromancer

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Repsaj10 wrote:
cool idea, but i think it should cost more pips maybe two

Morgrim Icetalon
legendary pyromancer

Agreed! It is an awesome spell idea but I would say a two pip spell as you would be hitting mostly 0 pip spells but reversing the effect is a powerful turn of events in game play. I would even push it to 3 pips but I feel it warrants a 2 pip look.

As I see this playing out I see it used mostly as a PvP spell. It would be effective in PvE though so I would not dismiss it.

It would have to work on the most recent cast spell though or something as I feel that would be the simplest way to use in game.

So say you are hit with a weakness and then a trap and you use the spell on yourself it would change the trap to a shield.

Your enemy cast a two shield on themselves and you hit them making the last shield a trap.

Casting it on an ally or self turns one negative into a positive while casting it on an enemy changes a positive to a negative.

The biggest reason it must be a two pip if not three is cause unlike steals or breaks you are getting an added benefit from it. A 90% weakness now becomes a blade, a 70% now becomes a trap! It would be huge in PvP play.

Rogan DragonSong
60 life

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I suppose 2 pips would be a better cast for it. But it all depends on the turn it is used of course. And it will be tricky to use well, if you blade yourself first, then use it on yourself to change a trap, you just weakened your blade. So I figured one pip would fit because of the strict timing necessary for the spell. And because I wanted it to be something trainable to everyone.

But 2 pips may fit it better given the big bonuses that can be achieved from this.