Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time for critical system details?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
So, with the new waterworks gear and so many items now carrying a critical block rating, as well as just critical, it occurs to me that I would finally like a detailed explanation of how the critical system works. I think that the community has a good rough idea, but specifically an explanation of how and when a critical block is calculated would be very beneficial in determining which items to use. So what about it KI? Care to finally spill the details of the critical system? I for one think its overdue.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I doubt you will ever get one... Many questions have been asked about accuracy, pips, etc, considering they are not always what they seem...

Best I can tell you, is that Critical Points are based out of 500..

Critical Block Points are based on 400 (Maybe a little more)

This is what I found, mathmatically speaking based on their pecentages...

Now, since the attack points are different from the Block points, I am not sure how they correspond with eachother.. For instance...

Say a person criticals, Out of 130 critical points a random number is drawn I believe between 130 and 1... Then critical block comes into play... So, if you have 60 critical block points, I am guessing if that is more than the critical hit points given, you will block the critical attack... However, if it is not higher, you will fail the critical block...

Now, this is only my assumption, so don't quote me, but I think this is how it plays out, or something close to this effect...

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
gtarhannon wrote:
So, with the new waterworks gear and so many items now carrying a critical block rating, as well as just critical, it occurs to me that I would finally like a detailed explanation of how the critical system works. I think that the community has a good rough idea, but specifically an explanation of how and when a critical block is calculated would be very beneficial in determining which items to use. So what about it KI? Care to finally spill the details of the critical system? I for one think its overdue.
i would have to very much agree on this. it seems odd that the critical system is left as such a mystery. the only way to figure out that the critical rating is just a number that the percentage is based off of is by buying the equipment and finding out when you happen to run your mouse pointer across your scores or by reading these or other message boards regarding it. and this is something to add to the confusion- vengeance gives a percentage increase, but doesn't give any rating. does that mean that percentage is actually independant of the rating, or does vengeance add like a 100 to your rating? what does it all mean? -eli and crew

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:
I doubt you will ever get one... Many questions have been asked about accuracy, pips, etc, considering they are not always what they seem...

First off, thanks for your thoughts on how the system might work. I agree, I doubt they will ever tell us (which is lame), but still... I thought I would voice that they ought to so we can make real QUALIFIED decisions on our gear selection rather than guessing and hoping at what it does... particularly when it is such a random system to begin with. Understanding the scale enough to come up with raw "odds" helps, but its not really an informed decision is it?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
I have an idea to. It could be like KI's other systems by: having an end number that you cant go past and is 100%, Then you get your precentage of that number and the 100-sided (for 100% precent) computerized dice are rollled. If it is bellow you precentage then the critical is done, If not then the critical is failed. Same thing for the block. Or you could roll the max-number-sided-dice and just do it off of there.