Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Common Rooms

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
For Each school, I think they should have a common room that everybody in that specified school should share. Just like in the Harry Potter Books with the Gryffindor Common room, and the Slytherin Common room, I think there should be an Ice common room, and a Fire common room, and same with all others.
- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
That would be really cool and fun, but the first thing that comes to mind, is LAG lol. I think it is a great idea but they would need to make like certain areas for it because having so many people in the same spot could lead to a lot of lag and the game slowing down a bit. I know KI has worked with having a lot of people in the same place and it has gotten a lot better from when i started playing but still it just can be overwhelming. Great idea though.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
*shrug* , if you really want it, what would you use it for? Other why would KI bother? Just asking. I'm not against it or anything.

Evan Shadow- Level 60 Thaumaturge, Grandmaster Artisan (current badge)

Survivor
Apr 07, 2009
Well we kind of do. Have you ever been into the specific school duel arena buildings right across the street from the different schools in Ravenwood? Well if you have that could be your commons area for each school, besides the fact that they are always deserted.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Arent the school towers already common areas? but everyone can go there though....

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
vaneairdbe wrote:
*shrug* , if you really want it, what would you use it for? Other why would KI bother? Just asking. I'm not against it or anything.

Evan Shadow- Level 60 Thaumaturge, Grandmaster Artisan (current badge)

Well I was actually thinking, it could be an extension to each of the schools, and in there could be other trainers of the School, that give other quests.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Are these going to be something that is an extension to our School history? Will it give us spells? I need a little more info.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
The common room may require an independent server and each player would have to "port" to their respective common rooms - although, it would still be available when the main (game) servers were "down" for maint. :) I think the school professor should be there with all sorts of school related information - such as a Q&A menu for the FAQ would be sweet too... not to mention another opportunity for players to aquire school specific items (for a little crown or a lot of coin)... Ok - make a portal to a school specific arena for dueling (no match PvP, of course - those stats are maintained elsewhere in the system - this should be practice only).