Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

People Please Go to Ranked Derby!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Does anyone still play ranked derby? Everytime I try to enter, it says "go to arena..." and when I click "ok" I get, "waiting for other players to respond...." until I sign out. I want to race my pets but they never get matched! Is it because no one does pet derby at all, or just at my pets' pedigree (level 48, 58 school pet)?

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Does anyone still play ranked derby? Everytime I try to enter, it says "go to arena..." and when I click "ok" I get, "waiting for other players to respond...." until I sign out. I want to race my pets but they never get matched! Is it because no one does pet derby at all, or just at my pets' pedigree (level 48, 58 school pet)?

I think no one plays it and the practice arena is so messed up that if you do wish to play and create a table and are willing to wait it does not matter cause unless the table fills up in a minute or a minute and a half or whatever the race starts with your pet being the only one in it and racing against nothing.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Nor me
:x

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I usually get matched up, and then procede in getting third place.

Survivor
May 03, 2011
ozzyrocker412 wrote:

I have the same thing

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Yes please do join ranked pet derby races!

I waited for 2 hours for an adult race, gave up, tried for an hour to get a teen race. 5 times it had me confirm an adult race and the race never happened. I finally did get one teen race in 3 hours of trying.

What makes it even harder to wait is that you can't train other pets while you're waiting to race. And if you have a special racing pet, chances are it's not your adventuring pet so you probably don't want to quest. Finally you can't pvp without losing your pet derby queue.

I don't know what the solution is, other than more people need to race and confirm. But maybe we could get some kind of display that shows how many of each age pet is waiting to race so we can try to join the more populated races.