Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 20 Deck?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
The only level 20 decks of which I am aware are the Deck of Chivalry and the Aristocrat's Deck, neither of which can be purchased. Rather, they are quest rewards for the Marleybone quests Trap the Thug and Fiddle Riddle, respectively.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
thanks a bunch!!! ill be looking for that quest cause atm i have the lvl 15 Deck and its not enough for all the spells i have available

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
You can buy level 25 decks in the store in Marleybone, which is long before you get the relevant quests. The main difference is that the store-bought decks let you have 5 copies of your main class and only 3 copies of other cards, while the quest decks let you have 4 copies of all cards, whether your main class or not. The best decks in Marleybone are the boss drop ones that are 5 copies of your main class and 4 copies of others, and require level 30.

I think you may be overvaluing the importance of the total number of cards in a deck. While more is kind of nice, if you clutter your deck with a bunch of junk, that makes it less likely that you'll draw the cards you want. Even with a 30 card deck, I often don't fill my deck all the way.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Quizzical wrote:
You can buy level 25 decks in the store in Marleybone, which is long before you get the relevant quests. The main difference is that the store-bought decks let you have 5 copies of your main class and only 3 copies of other cards, while the quest decks let you have 4 copies of all cards, whether your main class or not. The best decks in Marleybone are the boss drop ones that are 5 copies of your main class and 4 copies of others, and require level 30.

I think you may be overvaluing the importance of the total number of cards in a deck. While more is kind of nice, if you clutter your deck with a bunch of junk, that makes it less likely that you'll draw the cards you want. Even with a 30 card deck, I often don't fill my deck all the way.

I totally agree but atm I have 1 or 2 of the damg while i still have the debuff and buff cards more plentiful... which means ill draw more non damage. I tried to balance out the amount of each but the draws are so random. What would happen if I were to use set 12 cards in? Will I not be able to play a 13th round? Also at the moment lot of people are just jumping into the group and lots of adds keep on coming. I don't see me cutting my deck down if I need to do more than 20 rounds. Unfortunately we cannot stop people from just jumping in and in turn makes me add more debuff/buff/heal vs dmg which in turn makes me slow killer while i solo 2 mobs zzzzzz

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Note that fizzles go back into your deck, rather than being destroyed the way that successfully played cards are.

When I say I don't fill up a 30 card deck, I mean I might bring 23 cards or 27 or something like that. I'm not going with only 12 cards.

And yes, of course, in battles that you expect to be long, you do fill up the deck.

Community Leader
At level 49, I usually got with about 16 spells in my deck. Half a dozen damage, half a dozen traps and blades, a couple guardian sprites and a dryad.

I nearly always have exactly the card I want in my hand and fights go very much faster.

Even fighting Malistaire, I didn't add too many cards to my deck.