Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the side walk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
In the member's areas there needs to be room for players to get around corners without the monsters thinking they are on the street.yesterday i noticed that even when i stayed on the sides the monsters still caught me and engaged in a battle.i suggest that the creatures loose some of their sight near the side walks.that way we don't have to hug the walls and hope that we don't set foot on the street.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I don't know which area in particular you had trouble with, but most areas you can navigate around safely if you use some patience. Most players I think have some trouble being pulled into a battle in Marleybone, but after a while you learn how to move better without getting caught too much.
Some mounts seem to make it harder, like the broomsticks, while others seem to make it easier to get by, like the Tiger and lion.

Anyway, it happens to all of us at least once in a while.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
i have a BIGGER bug then that, even though yours was a problem. sometimes in Triton avanue i was near the edge of the sidewalk. not off the sidewalk. just near the edge. and all of a sudden, i get dragged into a battle. this only happened in triton avanue. the EXACT same thing happaned to my brother.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Ohnoswords wrote:
i have a BIGGER bug then that, even though yours was a problem. sometimes in Triton avanue i was near the edge of the sidewalk. not off the sidewalk. just near the edge. and all of a sudden, i get dragged into a battle. this only happened in triton avanue. the EXACT same thing happaned to my brother.
you were probally just off the sidewalk and couldnt tell.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Cfearw76 wrote:
In the member's areas there needs to be room for players to get around corners without the monsters thinking they are on the street.yesterday i noticed that even when i stayed on the sides the monsters still caught me and engaged in a battle.i suggest that the creatures loose some of their sight near the side walks.that way we don't have to hug the walls and hope that we don't set foot on the street.

Well after Marlyebone only squeezing against the buildings makes it work but its not 100%

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
In triton avenue, in some areas Scarlet Screamers can catch you while you're on the sidewalk. My sister and I did extensive tests on this.

In Marleybone creatures will sometimes catch you when you're on the sidewalks, the ones that look like sunbirds tend to be the worse offenders.

Some Mooshu corners the creatures can get you while your on the side. This usually happens with the creatures that look like imps or dark fairies (the imps actually sometimes do this in dragonspyre too).

The main problem as I see it is the disparity between locations. In Dragonspyre particularly I don't use the sidewalks much, but run down the streets without fear of getting caught. I would never do this in Marleybone though. I think their paths need to be updated (in some places in mb and ms the creatures actually walk on the sidewalks) and the area around the creatures that will catch you if you hit it needs to be reduced.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I have been standing right outside waterworks several times waiting on my friends, on the sidewalk, and those small fish looking things suck me into a battle.. luckily they are easy to beat :)