Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Library plz look at this idea :]

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 25, 2009
hiya i really reallly rlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy would like if you could explore the library and actually check out books o.o and you would have to make a library card for 500 gold (and you would have to craft the card)and check out books :D but! if they're over due you gotta pay at least 50 gold each time its overdue :D and there would be REAL books and you could maybe even write a book yourself! this is how it would be like if you wanted to write a book, you get lots of paper and you would have a buddy or two design the cover or you could! you would have to type on the keyboard instead of using the mouse (because some of you probably have messy writing when using a mouse on paint for words), and it could be up to 6,000 pages (which none of you i bet will have) maximum and it could be at least 50 pages long for a short story :P and for the cover, you would have sets of paints and water and markers and crayons and gold sparkles and many things, you would type the cover in whatever style and you could use options OR the mouse to decorate, and the pages would number theirselves and you could check on a little page count thing if you want, and it took 1,000 gold at the most to publish, and it could make copies if you want. ( wow lots to write ) and there would be only the erm h word for the most in the books, if you put in a bad word then you got banned from writing a book for a week or checking out any. And for cards, you could customize them for 1 gold (yes very low!) and it would list the books you have and what's their due date on the back. ALSO, you could have a little keychain to have on the waist of your character on the side, (you can add or not if you'll at this to w101, KI) and you can view it by clicking on the keychain or going to your backpack and going to the crafting icon, you can make a couple cards for higher levels or lower levels if you'd like. omg i gtg its almost 2:00 A.M. here! :) plz like the idea ill update soon if i get anymore ideas! :D CYA! (btw just comment of the ideas you have for this idea or books or how your library card would look like!)

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Love it! It would be so awesome! I would love to be able to check out real books about wizards! And of course there would be the stories of stuff that happened on wizard101. And a library card! Awesome! I would love it if we could zoom in on our own cards and see what they look like. Keep the ideas coming! :D

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Here is mine

Name: History of Wizard101
About: The name of the 1,000,000th wizard, the big party, and more about the game history.

Explorer
May 25, 2009
Lionessa042 wrote:
Love it! It would be so awesome! I would love to be able to check out real books about wizards! And of course there would be the stories of stuff that happened on wizard101. And a library card! Awesome! I would love it if we could zoom in on our own cards and see what they look like. Keep the ideas coming! :D
:) i will! oh dangit i just edited and then i came up with ANOTHER idea for it! i'll add that quickly before i lose the idea!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
i didnt have time to read all of it but here is my reply:
i love it.
maybe the books could help you like:
- battle books
- housing books
- pet books
- gardening books
- quest books
maybe more....

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Really?! This seems like an idea taken straight out of The Sims 3. This is the stuff that annoys me: you ask KI to do at least a year's worth of work, but what does it do to improve the game? Where's the practicality in any of this? There isn't any. Why would I borrow a book for G500 to read in the game? I have better things to do than sit around and read in a game. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being mean, but there's no point to any of this.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Personally I like this idea, maybe needs some tweaking, but I like the idea of being able to explore the library, and maybe create libraries in each world instead of just the connecting between WC and KT. It would be nice to know what the various books I have collected across the Spiral all have to say, plus the vaults and mythic tomes stored in the library. Plus it could be incorporated initally as sidequest/expansion dealing with "missing occult knowledge" or "protection of magical secrets." Granted it may not be for everyone, but every part of the game doesn't appeal to every player.

Akihiro-just because it won't add anything to your gaming experience doesn't mean it would be a benefit to others.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
Hmmmm yeah i would love to write a book but..
who would write one first off
some people would and well lets not say the cover,,(thats too much)
i would rather have this than a world
perhaps you would have to pay money to have it in your house
people could price it themselves
the higher price the more it cost to publish..
simple!
its not that complicated!
if Kingisle can do aweswome worlds they can do this!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this idea! It's very creative and It would (personally) make the game more interesting and fun. HOWEVER, KingsIsle would have to take some time to do this. I doubt they will, but they might if they know there are fans who would like it. And even if there are fans who DON'T like the idea of it, it would be made optional to even get a library card. They would not have to do it, even for a side quest. Checking out and writing books would be completely optional.

They have pets and gardening, so why not books? I contend that this IS a good idea and KingsIsle should, at the very least, consider it. I would like to write books in the game (I plan on becoming a future author), but KI is certainly not obligated to carry out our every whim, especially if it would cost unnessessary time and money.