Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cut Ice Some Slack

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Blazeb2 wrote:
i competely agree. i am and always will be an ice and i thonk that since wintertusk came out ice has become weak compared to other schools. today i saw a storm battling in the waterworks and i decided to see what his stats were. 82% boost to storm, 2261 health, 71% power pip, 181 critical, and 28 resist. see? completely unfair. i have 44 resist, 40 ice boost, 70% power pip, 3920 health, and 63 critical. lets compare shall we?

critical: 63 to 181-storm wins

Actually, lets talk facts and not exaggerations, shall we?
The most Critical Hit Points storm has is 151, not 181.
Also, Ice gets 110 critical hit points, your fault for not having the correct gear!

power pip%: 70 to71- storm wins

Power Pips percentage changes with the ring and athame you decide to use, based on facts, ice and storm have the exact same power pip chance!

resist: 44 to 28- ice wins
health: 3920 to 2261- ice wins
boost: 40 to 82- storm wins

These are the major differences between storm and ice! Storm has more attack power, but way less health and almost half of Ice's Resistance.
However, Ice resistance is lowered with the correct gear!

so its 2 to 3 storm wins. but let me see... since when did storm have a resist to everything? especially a kinda big resist. and really? a 181 critical? who can block that? and ofcourse almost a complete 100% double in the boost.

All schools are now getting resistance to all, why? Because they are Legendary! They are not some feeble young wizard! Also, your critical hit points are off!

now allow me to explain my stats. my boosts come from special crafted ring and athame combo. my resist comes from my pet.my critical comes from waterworks gear that took me a week to get.

now further. getting my ice boost cost at least 300 health. yes thats right before i needed the crafted ring and athame i had over 4200 health. which came from a specially bred pet and a crafted wintertusk amulet. so to get a big boost i have to sacrifice health?

Yes, with everything, there is a trade off. With power pip chance, or accuracy, or power/damage, you can't have everything, you must give something up in return. Quid Pro Quo

now everything else is pretty much self explanitory (storm has better critical because of gear blah blah blah) but now you can see that if the storm knows how to stack blades and traps then they can probaly take out at least half my life with one levythian.

Learn to shield!

now the past. everyone probaly knows how celestia was the im sorry world for ice when they gave us an amazing spell and awsome gear with a big resist that is way better than any other schools. but now they forgot all about that and shoved us right back to the bottom. and by now some of you may be thinking of pvp. im still kind of talking about that but im also taking about the regular monsters. in the waterworks a few days ago i was beaten. by regular monsters. that hasnt happened in months. MONTHS! even when i got to the boss he was easier than the monsters and i beat him easy. and the reason im kind of picking on storm is because the monsters who beat me were storm. and just ti be fair ill talk slightly about another school. in the same day i found this storm i was also battling with a myth. they used an earthquake on some ememies. it hit over 1000! and he only had one blade. i know he used gargantuan but even with that he would have to almost double tha dammage. lets see if we round it to 500 hit points plus a 35% blade he would have to have a 65% boost. how is that possible? i didnt check his stats though. but anyway, see? all the schools are better than ice.

No, all the schools are not better than Ice! Gargantuan can help any school and any attack spell! Have you tried to put Gargantuan on Snow angel with 3 Blades? It packs quite a punch! Oh, and it is one of the best DOT AOE Spells in the game. Who else has that? The new froggy pet! lol 1 card without being able to put gargantuan on it!

(one thing i would like to say is that for other weak schools like life or balance i do not mean you. another thing is that death students. you are not weak. you can heal and attack at the same time. and with skeletal dragon you can easily beat snow angel. ty and goodbye)

Now, I am not saying I am against ice! I love my ice! Ice is in no way Weak! Ice is in no way OverPowered! Ice is perfect!

Ask storm how many dot spells they get, or dot aoe spells they get! This game balances itself out, you just have to crunch numbers! So, when you bring me factual information that proves ice is under powered, or overpowered, I will take a look at it.

As for now, The game is as balanced as it can be. Enjoy it and stop complaining!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
jakehjk3 wrote:
(snip) A lot of the time it isn't even the school or the spells that are wrong or unfair but the players who aren't doing all they can to be the most powerful! (snip)

Exactly.

Scarlet/Iridian/Moira

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
I know what the charts show and showed and ice was always on top! That is just a fact! The only few people I see complaining about the changes now a few ice! Every school is close to fair now as close as it has ever been! Now death can use gargantuan but we couldn't for months! Did you see any death saying unfair? A lot of the time it isn't even the school or the spells that are wrong or unfair but the players who aren't doing all they can to be the most powerful! Be the best with what you have or what spells you got instead of concentrating on what everyone else has cause I promise you ice isn't unfair at all and most people besides a few of you ice people will and would agree with me on that!

I speak on behalf of ice students that I see in the arena no, I'm not someone that loses all the time and just complains about it. I have 4150 hp and like 47% universal resist but i had to work a ton for that mixing and matching pets and getting the right gear and working out math to see what would happen. And death seems to complain a lot, and no the charts to show ice on a decline lol. Death shouldnt complain either it has the most total damage 58 spell i believe skeleton dragon does more than leviathan. Plus with gargantuan now being able to be used on your give back life spells death is one of the strongest schools yet, I'm making a death because of this whenever i feel a school is the strongest at that time i make, but ice was my first school and i never felt that way about ice. Now granted i myself dont lose much, but a lot of my friends are ice and you know they deserve a lot more than whats given.