Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blue Clams in Waterworks!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, I have done the WaterWorks Dungeon more times than most people would care to imagine.

I know perfectly well, which clams are blue and which clams are yellow.

I also know that this event is timed, and if I was to guess, it is timed from the time you complete the enemy in the other room.

Now, I have had several experienced players with me and we have all rushed to the room to open the blue clams and save us from another battle.

Sometimes, we get it, thank goodness! Other times, this is what happens!

We could open the very first blue clam and be pulled into battle! We could open the very last blue clam and be pulled into battle.

Now, We always have 2 people doing this, one person on the left side and one person on the right side. Both know exactly which are blue and which are yellow!

So, is it still glitched? I think a review is in order, because even when all blue clams are opened, it will still pull us into battle.

Please look into this KI.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I agree- I have ran this dungeon a million times. Out of all those times, only once did we get to bypass it. We had all the blue clams open several times, and still been pulled into battle.. Good question, I am curious of this as well.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:
I think a review is in order, because even when all blue clams are opened, it will still pull us into battle.

I think what happened to you is what happened to me.

which is

the wisps all vanished just before the final blue clam was clicked on so it looked like we'd clicked on the wrong clam but actually it was that the timer ran out.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
darthjt wrote:
I think a review is in order, because even when all blue clams are opened, it will still pull us into battle.

I think what happened to you is what happened to me.

which is

the wisps all vanished just before the final blue clam was clicked on so it looked like we'd clicked on the wrong clam but actually it was that the timer ran out.

Did you read my entire post? I know it is timed! What, do you have half a second time frame? We can all rush as fast as we can, no stops, no fooling around, two people, one on each side, with all blue clams open and still get pulled into battle!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Did you read my entire post? I know it is timed! What, do you have half a second time frame?

Yes I did. I also know that what displays on the client screen doesn't always match up with exactly what is going on, on the server. So just because you still SAW wisps doesn't mean that they hadn't already all vanished.

Also, keep in mind that when two objects are right next to each other, there is a bounce effect. To see this, go stand right between zeke and the seamstress in wizard city. You can stand still if you're in the right spot and watch the click message bounce back and forth between zeke and the seamstress. If you just happened to be standing at a blue clam that was right next to a yellow clam, AND you were standing too close to the yellow, even though you saw the blue clam on the click message you very well could have hit X at the exact second the game switched to the yellow and never seen it.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The timer starts the instant the first player enters the room with the clams. Test this yourself by waiting about 90 seconds after the last room's battle ends, then going into the clam room.

To ensure you open the right clam, you have to stand right in front of the center of its mouth. otherwise, the proximity glitch ( the "bounce effect" that was described) can occur.

One person is going to have a hard time getting all the clams open correctly before the timer expires. Two players are needed.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Just noticed that too.... it's annoying, for Swimming Specters drop nothing-Ghost Touch Treasure Cards.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I think what may be happening is that when a blue and yellow clam is very close together, the yellow clam is accidentally opened instead of the blue.

Community Leader
I know If 2 players go into the area at same time it is very easy to open all the blue clams in time. I have done it many times.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
when playing with another good player, one that I can trust, the area works 100% of the time as long as another player isn't foolish enough to mess it up, otherwise what I see is the person doing the opposite side of me has maybe one clam open by the time I finish opening all clams on my side and then wonders why they have to fight

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, if there was a bug, they fixed it, because we are having no problems with this anymore... The only time we do have to fight, is when we get a rookie that doesn't know what to do...

Thanks KI for fixing this issue...

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Yes it is glitched but there is a way to fix it. You have to go in the center of the room and walk towards the door when all the clams are open. This seems to be what works. Its just a simple conformation glitch that the server doesn't recognize the clams are open. Hope this helps.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Okay, I have done the WaterWorks Dungeon more times than most people would care to imagine.

I also know that this event is timed, and if I was to guess, it is timed from the time you complete the enemy in the other room.

Now, I have had several experienced players with me and we have all rushed to the room to open the blue clams and save us from another battle.

We could open the very first blue clam and be pulled into battle! We could open the very last blue clam and be pulled into battle.

Now, We always have 2 people doing this, one person on the left side and one person on the right side. Both know exactly which are blue and which are yellow!

So, is it still glitched? I think a review is in order, because even when all blue clams are opened, it will still pull us into battle.

Hmmm....
This sometimes happens to us. It might be a glitch, or maybe the timer is really fast or something.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
If there are healing wisps in the back of the room before you open the blue clams do ot get them! They get the ghosts to come automatically. If any friends get them tell your friends not to get them until your done.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
have noticed that it considers all of them open after animation of the clam is complete, not upon openng, this might be one of your issues, have soloed it a lot.

2 factors are happening here

#1, clicking all solo, possible
#2, all clams completing animation, not possible solo

thus concludes, the opening is cauculated AFTER these have finished opening completly

no time to open them all, but to click all blue, yes.

this is where the issue might be in this case, am very familure with this issue, they would have to possibly take a look at their "state" to see what might be able to be done, but as we know, that is up to them

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Try clicking instead of Pressing X.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Ok, for clams, i like to use my mouse to open clams instead of X because if a yellow clam is right next to blue and you click X, them bounce effect recently described will activate. If you click on a blue clam and the bounce effect occurs, it wont open the yellow clam. So move until you can click the blue clam. I found how to use a fast motion out of my mouse. No wires! And also, if you look at the box at the bottom that tells you how to interact, it will show either a yellow or blue clam. make sure it is a pic. of a blue clam