Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

problems with quick keys etc.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2010
i cannot use any keys in the game , such as x , c , m . any keys to play the game, i can move and port and go places where i dont have to press x . pls help i have uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing helps. any advice is helpful

Administrator
Hello,

We've found that there is a software company called StrikeForce Technologies Inc that has some particular software. This software, called "Guardedid" is an anti-key logger application. However this creates a problem as the software is layered between the game and the keys you press. The application interprets your keystrokes and assigns them a random number. This prevents the game from using many of the default shortcuts. You may even find that this application is causing similar keyboard issues with other games that use open keys like ASWD to move.

To resolve this issue you can do one of two things. You can directly uninstall the program, which will remove it and prevent further keyboard issues or if you're an advanced user, you can try to kill the GIDD.exe process via the Windows task manager until the next reboot. This will effectively terminate the program until it is restarted at launch or when Windows reboots. You may need (if you're an advanced user) stop any services associated with the GIDD.exe to stop it from restarting.

The good news is that we are actively working with StrikeForce go get a future version of GuardedID aware of Wizard101 and allow the keyboard commands to function correctly. Unfortunately, we do not have a current timeline for this future version to be released.

Thank you!
Stay up to date with the Wizard101 HelpCast Portal:
http://www.youtube.com/KingsIsleSupportHelp