Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 requires what???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
I was having trouble with my computer one day and it had affected it. When I was tring to log in it would then it ssaid error number 123. But I've had it downloaded for over a year now, but in the firewall section some stuff for Wizard101 disappered! Is there a way I can continue to download it completely without disturbing my current account.

Administrator

Hello,

We've found that customers who have this problem have solved it 1 of 3 ways. The first way is to verify that the file is not being blocked via your anti-virus software (like Norton)

The second was to uninstall, reboot, re-download and reinstall the game. We've been told that this may not work the first time and 2-3 attempts may be needed.

The third method is to locate a PC that does not have this error and to copy the entire BIN folder (located in the \KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\ folder) to a portable hard drive or Memory card and then COPY over your existing BIN folder with the working copy.

Sincerely,
Stay up to date with the Wizard101 HelpCast Portal:
http://www.youtube.com/KingsIsleSupportHelp

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a problem that often happens with security (i.e. antivirus/firewall) software. If an update to the security software is downloaded, sometimes the new version will wipe out the old settings, meaning that you will have to set up the firewall and/or antivirus to allow Wizard101 again.

Also, sometimes if router firmware is updated or if the router goes offline for a long time, port-forwarding and/or port-triggering settings can disappear. If you connect through a router, you might need to check those settings, as well.