Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Restauraunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
We need a restauraunt. We have so many non-realistic things, that we have to add some real world stuff.

We could:
-Buy food for our pets
-Get food to heal ourselves
-Chat with our friends

What do you think?

-Cath

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Call it the "cuthulla cafe'" or " Diego's Diner".

Kenneth Frostwalker, Grandmaster Thamauturge

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Sure. That sounds fine, but don't expect it because although it would be fun, it just isn't important in the big scheme of the game.

Nice idea though,

Seth B.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Having a diner in the commons, like having an extra room, will help with all the chatting in the commons. For some players who dont have chat off, bubbles are just everywhere. A diner would be a good place to stuff everyone so they can chat and meet people. And it could be like an instance, 4 at a time.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
Having a diner in the commons, like having an extra room, will help with all the chatting in the commons. For some players who dont have chat off, bubbles are just everywhere. A diner would be a good place to stuff everyone so they can chat and meet people. And it could be like an instance, 4 at a time.

Or open chat only for one half and text chat for the other half.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
A restaurant is a great idea but I have an even simpler one. How about letting us sit down to the tables and on the chairs we put in our houses. I have all this great sitting furniture and all all we can do is run around it.

My poor sundaes can't get eaten...they just sit there in the bowl, looking yummy .

Send a thumbs up to KI if you think this is a good idea .

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Alicia Rosepetal wrote:
A restaurant is a great idea but I have an even simpler one. How about letting us sit down to the tables and on the chairs we put in our houses. I have all this great sitting furniture and all all we can do is run around it.

My poor sundaes can't get eaten...they just sit there in the bowl, looking yummy .

Send a thumbs up to KI if you think this is a good idea .

The idea of being able to interact and use furniture has been suggested before. I personally think it's a great idea. Who wants to stand and look at a sofa? LOL

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Cathrine87 wrote:
We need a restauraunt. We have so many non-realistic things, that we have to add some real world stuff.

We could:
-Buy food for our pets
-Chat with our friends

What do you think?

-Cath

I completely disagree that we need to add more 'real world' stuff. Too much of the trash talk and bullying has been brought in from the 'real world'.

Now, if however, there was a place where I could pay Gold to feed my pet a Snack instead of having to do a mini-game, I'd be all for that. Gold is too easy to come by, and I keep filling up so fast. I wouldn't mind fattening up my pets at the expense of my purse.

As for getting food to heal ourselves, there is one Potion vendor at the Fairgrounds in the Commons. Use a potion, and go buy a refill from her.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Good idea.But if the place gets too popular the prices would go up.

We could:
-Buy food for our pets

Good example. We could have wizards work there so they can get paid their extra money.

I put a good reason and a bad.

Nathan ghostheart

lvl 33
male.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
This is supposed to be a different world. Not ours. I do like the idea of buying pet snacks and stuff, but can't you do that at the pet pavilion? Also if someone goes in and there are way too many people are in there, bullying, and uber lagging will appear. I like the thought of it though, maybe you could change the uses.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Johnist wrote:
Cathrine87 wrote:

We could:
-Buy food for our pets
-Chat with our friends

What do you think?

-Cath

I completely disagree that we need to add more 'real world' stuff. Too much of the trash talk and bullying has been brought in from the 'real world'.

Now, if however, there was a place where I could pay Gold to feed my pet a Snack instead of having to do a mini-game, I'd be all for that. Gold is too easy to come by, and I keep filling up so fast. I wouldn't mind fattening up my pets at the expense of my purse.

As for getting food to heal ourselves, there is one Potion vendor at the Fairgrounds in the Commons. Use a potion, and go buy a refill from her.

Now you are an anti-people's-wishes person, are you not?

I mean, you must say no to such a rather interesting idea?

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
mman17 wrote:

Now you are an anti-people's-wishes person, are you not?

I mean, you must say no to such a rather interesting idea?

No, I'm not Anti-wishes. I've got plenty of wishes, hopes, and dreams, and plenty of great ideas that could improve this game. However that does not mean we should be allowing more 'Real World' influence into the Spiral.

Reality is not all that pretty of a place. We play games to escape from Reality. If we're playing games to try to escape Reality, who in their right mind would want to bring more Reality into the game we are using as an Escape Mechanism?

I personally don't want to see wizards driving around in beat up Pintos, Lowriders, etc. I don't want to hear Rap or other major modern musics in my games. There are really only 2 types of musics needed for a great Game Soundtrack in my opinion: Classical (Non-Battle) and Metal (Battle).

This is a game about Wizards. If you were going to keep it 'Authentic', it wouldn't have Modern day conveniences like Diners and Hair dressers. The proper way these 2 major ideas could be improvised into the game would be:
Diners - These aren't needed at all, unless they are for feeding pets without having Minigames need to be played. there are a couple of topics already posted about that subject as well. These could be called Kennels then.

Hairdressers/Barber Shop - Magic Mirrors allowing the user to change themselves at the cost of Crowns.

Unless they release a new addition that includes giving the wizards the ability to buy Elixir & Food Recipes that effect the stats of the Wizard(s) that use them temporarily, and then add in Elixir and Food drops, and a menu where you can select items for your Wizard to eat/drink to apply the benefit(s) of the item, a Diner is completely worthless as an addition to the Spiral at the moment in my personal and professional (as a gamer) opinion.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010

I love the idea but I like the idea of being able to use your furniture even better. Like it was said before we have all this nice sitting furniture but cant use it.

Let me add something its just an idea though. What if the furniture get worn out the more you use it. Like in real life, then you could buy more. Also What if there was some type of fridge you could buy with crowns or a whole lot of gold. You could feed your pet from it. Anyway it would be nice to use the things we have in our house. Tired from questing or just wanting to take a brake. Sit back on the royal sofa (or which ever sofa or chair you have) and talk with friends. Or sit around the table and swap battle storys. :D

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Cathrine87 wrote:

We could:
-Buy food for our pets
-Chat with our friends

What do you think?

-Cath

I dont mean to put a damper on this but the healing problem is already solved in two different ways and plus i think it would add a little more stress to the game having to get on like three times a day to feed a nonexistent character in order to live and play the game.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Also, add a button to teleport to a restauraunt.

There should be Private Rooms too, where a small group could go in and chat privately.

The Marleybone one should be super fancy-fine-dining. !

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
I completely disagree with this idea and all aspects of if: restaurants, kennels, sitting at tables, etc.

This game is not a simulation game; it is a role playing game. It is not designed to mimic life or society. It is designed to be story in which you are a character. As you progress through the story, you become more powerful and able to take on more adventures.

I have no problems with simulation games. They can be great fun and challenging, but they are different game completely.

Also, most of the aspects that people want can already be achieved. Want to talk to your friends out of the commons? Use your castle. Want to buy pet snacks? That's what vendors are for. Want to meet people? Go questing; it's a great way to meet people.

Now, feeding your pet snacks, so you don't have to do games is just lazy. Anyone can finish the maze game in a minute. In theory, you could just let the pet sit there for a minute and then feed them a snack when the game ends. Not efficient mind you, but it’s easy.

Furthermore, how does allowing me to sit at a table at my home improve the game play? Housing is just a way for us to spend coins, store stuff, transfer items between players and engage in non-combat yet game improving activities (Gardening and Crafting). The latter two can be very helpful if you are willing to put the time and energy into them.

The point I am trying to make is that I would rather KI spend its limited resources in bringing us new worlds and better content than a frivolous chat room.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Trasilor wrote:
I completely disagree with this idea and all aspects of if: restaurants, kennels, sitting at tables, etc.

This game is not a simulation game; it is a role playing game. It is not designed to mimic life or society. It is designed to be story in which you are a character. As you progress through the story, you become more powerful and able to take on more adventures.

I have no problems with simulation games. They can be great fun and challenging, but they are different game completely.

Also, most of the aspects that people want can already be achieved. Want to talk to your friends out of the commons? Use your castle. Want to buy pet snacks? That's what vendors are for. Want to meet people? Go questing; it's a great way to meet people.

Now, feeding your pet snacks, so you don't have to do games is just lazy. Anyone can finish the maze game in a minute. In theory, you could just let the pet sit there for a minute and then feed them a snack when the game ends. Not efficient mind you, but it’s easy.

Furthermore, how does allowing me to sit at a table at my home improve the game play? Housing is just a way for us to spend coins, store stuff, transfer items between players and engage in non-combat yet game improving activities (Gardening and Crafting). The latter two can be very helpful if you are willing to put the time and energy into them.

The point I am trying to make is that I would rather KI spend its limited resources in bringing us new worlds and better content than a frivolous chat room.

I understand that you disagree. Although It would be nice to be able to use the things we have. Yes its to spend gold and all that. It might not make it more enjoyable to you. But it would to others.

As for saying that its lazy to not want to waste hours and hours on trying to level a pet playing mini games. Thats just wrong. That one min adds up games like the gobbler one and maze game most the time goes on longer then one min anyway.

Most people have more then one pet and want to be able to grow the pet so they might hatch it with another. Also Have you spent anytime in the commons? It seems most people go there to chat. Sometimes you just dont feel like battleing to save the spiral, or crafting and gardanding.

Anyway I just wanted to say mainly that I thought it was wrong to call someone lazy for not wanting to repeataively play the same games over and over. Wasteing time that could be better spent.
I do hope that you have a great day though and enjoy playing Wizards

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
norr4687 wrote:
I understand that you disagree. Although It would be nice to be able to use the things we have. Yes its to spend gold and all that. It might not make it more enjoyable to you. But it would to others.

As for saying that its lazy to not want to waste hours and hours on trying to level a pet playing mini games. Thats just wrong. That one min adds up games like the gobbler one and maze game most the time goes on longer then one min anyway.

Most people have more then one pet and want to be able to grow the pet so they might hatch it with another. Also Have you spent anytime in the commons? It seems most people go there to chat. Sometimes you just dont feel like battleing to save the spiral, or crafting and gardanding.

Anyway I just wanted to say mainly that I thought it was wrong to call someone lazy for not wanting to repeataively play the same games over and over. Wasteing time that could be better spent.
I do hope that you have a great day though and enjoy playing Wizards

Fair enough, I rescind my statement of calling those that want to circumvent the long difficult process of raising our pets to epic as "lazy".

However, changing the system to allow those with massive amounts of coins (I am one of them, too) to quickly raise their pets level because would cheapen epic pets. Epic pets are supposed to be difficult to get. If everybody was walking around with a bunch of epic pets, then they are no longer special. People who choose to spend crowns on mega snacks should be rewarded by allowing them to raise their pet faster than those that don't spend the crowns.

As for the Commons...

I have spent time in the commons. I realized the first day that I played this game that people use it as a meeting place. It has never bothered me. I am sorry if it bothers you.

My point really is about not wanting KI to spend its limited resources on this. I would rather they spend it on new worlds, new levels, new spells, new gear, new pets, new monsters, new schools of magic, etc.

I do enjoy the game, and I hope you do as well. Perhaps one day we will be able to fight along side one another.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Fair enough, I rescind my statement of calling those that want to circumvent the long difficult process of raising our pets to epic as "lazy".

However, changing the system to allow those with massive amounts of coins (I am one of them, too) to quickly raise their pets level because would cheapen epic pets. Epic pets are supposed to be difficult to get. If everybody was walking around with a bunch of epic pets, then they are no longer special. People who choose to spend crowns on mega snacks should be rewarded by allowing them to raise their pet faster than those that don't spend the crowns.

As for the Commons...

I have spent time in the commons. I realized the first day that I played this game that people use it as a meeting place. It has never bothered me. I am sorry if it bothers you.

My point really is about not wanting KI to spend its limited resources on this. I would rather they spend it on new worlds, new levels, new spells, new gear, new pets, new monsters, new schools of magic, etc.

I do enjoy the game, and I hope you do as well. Perhaps one day we will be able to fight along side one another.

Well you do have a good point I didnt think of it like that. I have one epic pet. It took forever to get it to that point. Because I dont use crowns really dont have the money for it. Also the commons dont bother me. It sometimes funny to watch the sillyness that goes on there.

I hope to meet you on the game. I love to farm since I am legandary and have no disiare to make a new wizard. Also I am a grandmaster artisan. I did that before they made it easier. So if you want we can meet up on there and we can either farm or i can help you level up your person. :-D

Heather IceWispher Legandary Sorcerer

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Name: Scales n Fins
Waiter:Adrian Stormer
Menu:

Wizard Food-
Submarine Fish Sticks
Underwater Glazers
Special:
Big Seaside Meal
Pet Snacks:
Submarine Sandwich

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Ok...

Here's one :D.

Bones 'N' Biscuits:

Waiters/Waitresses: Angus Crackenhop.

Petsnacks Sold:

Dog Bone-Costs 2,750 Gold for 1-Rank 6, +Random Stats Randomly Added, School: Storm.

People Snacks:

Biscuit- Restores All Health, +10% Damage for 30 min., costs 3,000 gold.

Here's a Crab Alley one.

G-alley Grub

To be continued.

Explorer
May 28, 2009
The Grizzleheim Inn!
You can sit down and give your pet a snack.If you order food for yourself you get a part-time health boost or part-time mana boost.You can also rent a small suite if you you don't have enough gold for a home.There would be these "reserved rooms" where only if you are invited you can go in.You could chat with friends in private in these rooms

Hunter Hawksword
Pyromancer

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
I am in the grey area of yes and no to the awsner but I thought if KI DOES do this idea I was thinking of making it a virchal version of a Real restaurant they would then pay KI for keeping it up in thier game and then it is like a viracal AD tons of games do it. there is a game i play on that for two weeks they make an add a building and they put in fun games and prizes and get money for it. KI would be paid by that restuarant (now that i think about it resturant looks like rest-your-ant) and then if its a sucess and players like how it looks and the food then it will promoat players to go there and get something to eat threr in real life. (if you thinging mcdonalds then i atomathickly say NEVER) i was thinking somewhere nice like carabias or some asian place.