Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wild bolt needs a redesign

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
I've been using wild bolt since my storm got it. I've also been watching the enemies use it. What I've noticed is this:

Most of the time, when I cast it, I do very little damage. around 75% of the time it's 10 points. Of the remaining 25%, only about 1% is the max damage

however, when the enemies cast it, at least 75% of the time if not closer to 85% they will cast max damage. Especially if it's a boss. I have only once seen a boss do anything less than max damage with wild bolt when they use it.

I've got no problem with it being random in how much it does. I do have a problem with the enemies getting to hit with max damage most the time, while the players get to hit with minimum damage most of the time.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Anil235 wrote:
Its random.

that has nothing to do with anything. It might be random HOWEVER it is currently weighed toward rolling the high hit for the enemies and rolling the low hit for the players.

That needs to be fixed.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
It also depends in luck. You might behvaing lots of bad luck and the enemies are having lots of good luck.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Wild bolt is pretty much devoid of strategic value in it's current incarnation. And since the devs seem unwilling to fix it,it should be replaced with a new spell that storm could actually use.

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Isn't it like a 2 pip spell? So for 2 pips you should almost always do 1000 damage while the rest of us have 2 pip spells that do maybe 200?

What I've seen from this spell is it is about 45% 100, 40% 10 and 15% 1000 that is even against bosses. However, a boss is a boss for a reason while we are all students so they may have mastered things better the us.

It is random and seems to be working fine that way.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
I've been using wild bolt since my storm got it. I've also been watching the enemies use it. What I've noticed is this:

Most of the time, when I cast it, I do very little damage. around 75% of the time it's 10 points. Of the remaining 25%, only about 1% is the max damage

however, when the enemies cast it, at least 75% of the time if not closer to 85% they will cast max damage. Especially if it's a boss. I have only once seen a boss do anything less than max damage with wild bolt when they use it.

I've got no problem with it being random in how much it does. I do have a problem with the enemies getting to hit with max damage most the time, while the players get to hit with minimum damage most of the time.

It's TOTALLY random.
IT happened to me a lot of times with my diviner, but one day i got 1000 hits 7 times in a row and 4 of them were critical!

As i said, it's totally random