Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 60 vs Level 45? Is That Even Fair?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I'm a level 45 storm pvp veteran and I got match with lvl 60 balance! Is that even fair? Well i don't think so... I guess I cant do pvp until I'm lvl60??

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
No it's not really that fair, but now that you know how the system works your assumption on making it more fair would be to level to the cap.

Sorry.

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
I felt your pain at that level to and so have my friends. As a level 45 death pvp vet I played legends. It got me ranked down to private. I got to legend and now I am a commader in the arena, so there's hope for you too!

Defender
Nov 19, 2008
Daviato wrote:
I'm a level 45 storm pvp veteran and I got match with lvl 60 balance! Is that even fair? Well i don't think so... I guess I cant do pvp until I'm lvl60??

it kinda is. after all you are a veteran or you where. and if the legendary was a privat and he is the closest match to your lvl and rank that would be kinda fair

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
It is not fair by any measure. I ran into the same wall with my Level 42 Balance. He did so well that once he reached rank Knight he kept getting matched against level 55+.
I tried only waiting about 4 minutes for each match so I would not get anyone above level 50 but then it would never give me a battle.
I just quit doing PVP.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
it isn't really that fair especially when the legend goes first. But as stated before trying leveling a bit and then pvping because trust me when your pitting against really uneven odds at start, it makes you a mucher better PvPer. Lol when i was first using my ice at level 38 i remember having to use every trap possible and doing everything to make ice wyvern a kill shot. But it doesnt mean that isn't impossible i have seen plenty of storm players beat legends and even just watching you can find people that are definetly not the same level but can still hold their own against a legend

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
there should be a five level limit (say at most 5 levels difference) on PvP ranked match ups

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
You're storm. Shield up to lower damage and then use the most powerful spells in your deck a bunch of times with all the pips you saved up while putting on zero pip shields

Survivor
May 17, 2009
PvP is a matter of gear and skill.

If you have the proper gear with lots of accuracy, defense, and attack, a level 45 could easily take down a 60. In fact my level 45 balance has taken down a level 60 fire. And that was without all that gear, mainly knowing what cards to use and when.

Reshuffle deck is a real convenience for those nastily long PvP fughts... Hahaha.

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
I never PvPed though I'm Level 60.

The reason why is because a bunch of noobs grasp the 1v1 Practice Zone.
People are being rude.
In PvP 1v1 Ranked, you should be in a battle now instead of waiting for 2 hours for a person to join.
When a match is finished in 4v4, 3 people accept to go to the arena and 1 just waits until timer is up and then we wait for another 15 minutes of our lives because of that person.
I can't take people with Menu Chat.

That's just it. The Arena turned into a mess.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I tried the arena for the first (and last) time at level 49. I was paired with something like a "sergeant-verteran" (?!?) it really does not matter who or what they were... they had all sorts of spell I have not seen in 49 levels and did have quite an excellent strategy but I managed to give him a run for his money. After he defeated me (imagin that), I complemented his performance and thanked him for the opportunity to duel. I am not complaining about the experience but I have participated twice in PvP and am very unimpressed with the "pairing" ability of the system. You can have it. Enjoy PvP, if that is what you like just remember it is only a game! :)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I am a Level 33 fire wizard, and I am currently a rank of warlord. I find that most of my opponents are level 48-60, but have the rank of private.

If the criteria is simply ease of beating an opponent, I'd rather fight a legendary private over a magus commander any day. I find that most privates are easy to beat because they make some very basic errors (like using a large attack against my 70% shield). When I play a Captain or higher, it is almost always a tough battle, sometimes lasting more than an hour and a reshuffle or two.

The problem with fighting high level privates, though, is I only get 0-3 points per win, and lose about 26 points when I lose. At least when playing someone near my rank, I can actually earn some points. (or lose them!).

I do admit enjoying myself when I beat someone 27 levels higher than me, and 3 times my health. Beware the Wyldfire driven, blade-infused fully pip loaded heckhound. Your 3700 health will simply not be enough.