Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance instructor was misleading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
my first wizard was a balance wizard. I remember talkig to the dog in ravenwood on the tour of the schools. He made me believe that balance had extreme power. This just wasnt true after i got him to legendary.

I think what this instructor says should be changed to better match what the school actually represents.

Harder to master? yes
Power is umbelievable? no

The teacher should say something like. (This school is harder to master but offers all kinds of helpful spells)

Power is unbelievable is just, well "umbelievable"

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Balance can summon a god to do your bidding that seems pretty powerful!

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
Being a balance wizard myself, I agree that Balance isn't the most powerful school. However, in team duels, balance can do very nicely because of their buffs. They can buff the strongest member of the team, then do an amazing attack.

Really, the balance professor is correct. By unbelievable, he probably meant how the buffs can really be used to kill at "unbelievable" damage.

Also, the reason it is harder to master is because Balance requires good cooperation with their team, which can be a hard task to do. But once your team cooperates, you can take down enemies easily.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have a legendary balance wizard. I have had no problems soloing most of the game with her. They have spells that are great for fighting all different types of enemies.

As for believing Balance is weak...All the schools have their own sets of strengths and weaknesses. Whether or not someone believes one school is weaker than the other depends on game play. What schools some people consider weak, others will consider strong. It is all how we play the wizards which gives each of us an unique style of playing.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 Life

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
i wasnt saying balance is weak, and thats why i would like what the instructor says changed. all i am saying is balance power isnt unbelievable. Storm power is unbelievable. But they pay for it with only 2300 life, i had a legendary storm too.

I do think ra is underpowered. I mean come on he was the sun god. the egyptians created him before rome or greece even knew how to chisel a hieroglyph. way underpowered.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Doesn't each professor claim that their school is the best school? also remember, you're taking the word of a dog in a top hat holding a suitcase... -corwin sandstalker, grandmaster sorcerer

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Balance was not very hard to master for me, power nova was a lot easier to get than orthrus same with most of the homework spells, idk about ra yet but I know that medusa was hard.

btw, you said uMbelievable twice.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
JDevilish wrote:
my first wizard was a balance wizard. I remember talkig to the dog in ravenwood on the tour of the schools. He made me believe that balance had extreme power. This just wasnt true after i got him to legendary.

I think what this instructor says should be changed to better match what the school actually represents.

Harder to master? yes

The teacher should say something like. (This school is harder to master but offers all kinds of helpful spells)

I agree with you that it is not the most powerful school, but it is very easy to solo. I have a level 48 Fire and it's taken me 4ish years to get that far with the help of my dad. However it's taken me 2 weeks to get my balance to level 25 completely on my own. It took me 2 years to do that on Kaitlyn (my fire) with help.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
you should pay attention to 2 things: 1: arthur wethersfield is a cat, not a dog. 2: every school brags about themselves

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
It isnt the most powerful school but it can show huge potential.

Because balance is such an adaptable school. If your balance and your side school is death, your capable of extreme power.

Balance Blade + blade storm + hex + feint+ critical chance, and gear attack, full pip judge and gargantuan= awesome

Now you could be like my balance i like my balance to be more of a helping kind of tanker person, my secondary is life and ice.

So i revolve around healing and shielding a ton and not trying to make huge attacks rather than to use weaknesses and shields to make my opponent do less damage while i slowly hit him with weak damage.

The reason the instructor said this is because balance can adapt to anything. And the ability to use an array of different strategies is true power.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Arthur Wethersfield wrote:
Young wizard, you are mistaken.

I am not a Cat!

Arthur

Ha!

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
Arthur Wethersfield wrote:
Young wizard, you are mistaken.

I am not a Cat!

Arthur

LOL.....Man this makes my day XD......LOL....Oh man too funny XD.....BWA HA HA!!!!!! Anyone notice something i do?......D E V E L O P E R ! Thats a pretty powerful title XD....other school masters are Admins this one is Developer...sounds pretty powerful XD..... Only 18 messages in what....3 years or so.....does say something......

Being a Balance since my first day(though i have all but storm) I would disagree with the statement that the power is not unbelieveable. Being I know Balance very well, it is hard to master..... alot of schools seem to have it easy XD We generally cant even blade so we have to work around many disadvantages. Yes the 58 spell was a disappointment and yes the 35 spells of Defuse I probably wont use....kinda pointless. Sure nice to have another Spirit and Elemental but for 5 pips to dispel in general 1 spell max is kinda a waste of time.

I think our power in Myth Death and Life is what makes us stronger than the rest....and yes those that seem to think we 'Don't' have power in myth and Death you should look again...

I dont know.....Some say Storm is most powerful....but to me.....there is none weaker.......so where does that leave us?.....Myth and Balance have been mutual rivals.....I think balance still comes out on top....but its too close a call....

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Well if you give a system out of 3 points to classify each school every school has a different combination with a least 1 1 and 1 0. The classifactions are strength accuracy healing strength health and mana. You can give each classifacation a 0 0.5 or 1. Balance has has all 0.5's unlike the other schools which have a 1 and 4 0.5 and 1 0. So balance weakness is it doesnt have a strength if you understand that.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2010
wiler5002 wrote:
Well if you give a system out of 3 points to classify each school every school has a different combination with a least 1 1 and 1 0. The classifactions are strength accuracy healing strength health and mana. You can give each classifacation a 0 0.5 or 1. Balance has has all 0.5's unlike the other schools which have a 1 and 4 0.5 and 1 0. So balance weakness is it doesnt have a strength if you understand that.
I have no idea what you just said.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
If the only way to measure power was how hard you hit something, they yes, they're wrong. But, it's not that simple is it?

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Milesami123 wrote:
wiler5002 wrote:
I have no idea what you just said.

no one does bassicaly i said every school is equal and gave my reason. I should really learn how to orginize.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011

''' I have a level 48 Fire and it's taken me 4ish years to get that far with the help of my dad.''' LOL, Wizard101 isn't even that old.
xD

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
sorry arthur, but the ears made you look like one. gotta remember that all cats in marleybone are enemies. PS: thanks for teaching me spells up to power play

EDIT: also, you looked more like a cat by body shape, well, everything but the mouth. tried to dress up my dog, but i couldnt find the clothes, top hat, cane and monocle (not really guilty)

Survivor
May 22, 2010
JDevilish wrote:

Harder to master? yes

Being a balance wizard myself i'd like to say the balance school is the best but i know we also have strengths and WEAKNESSES. I will say that balance does do better with teamates so they can buff attacks (I know with expierence). And last i think Arthur looks very much like a dog.

Sicerely,
Charles N.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
JDevilish wrote:

Harder to master? yes

I have done 10000 damage with judgement. Is that weak? I ask you!

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
arthur does say it himself. i did enrollment on other characters and he said "harder to master, but its power is unbelieveable". that means if youre good at it, then its very powerful. talents matters with balance

quinn ironsword

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
JDevilish wrote:

Harder to master? yes

Balance teacher exaggerates a bit? Yes
You know how to spell "unbelievable"? No

It is a bit of an exaggeration, I don't think it's power is necessarily "unbelievable" (or umbelievable) but I don't think it's any worse than other schools.

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Do I even need to ask why you say that? None of the other schools get shields for everything (aside from Ice, of course) and Judgement is one of the best spells. Opinion oriented, my post was.

Delver
Oct 08, 2010
sparky123df756 wrote:
JDevilish wrote:

Harder to master? yes

I have done 10000 damage with judgement. Is that weak? I ask you!

actually ya that is kinda weak