Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Sound Effect for the Scarecrow Spell?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Let me just say, first of all, thumbs way up for the new world Wintertusk and all the amazing new features that were added to the game! Love them all! Except one thing! I love the Scarecrow Spell but am shocked at the new sounds it makes! :-( Horrible and very stressful sounds! :? I dread casting it now! I would like to know how other players feel about this!? I adore the game's sounds and music except the scarecrow one! Please please change it! And I look forward to playing this amazing game for years to come!

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Delver
Jul 20, 2009
The new Scarecrow noise scared the living daylights outta me. But have you noticed in the name "Scarecrow" it has the word "scare" in it. That maybe the reason why it sounds like that.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Thanks for the comments and I have also checked on other Wizard101 web sites and am very surprised at the fact that a lot of players turn OFF the sounds from the game! Sad! :-( It kind of takes part of the experiences away from it! I find sometimes that I might turn off just the music and keep the sound effects and dialogues on! The music sometimes repeats a little too much! Especially the battle music! It's also fun this way to hear the small background sounds! :-D I just hope the sound of the scarecrow could be put back to the way it was before pretty please! It was so much more enjoyable! Thank you for your understanding and keep up the amazing work you do everyday for this out of this world game!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Egypte wrote:
Let me just say, first of all, thumbs way up for the new world Wintertusk and all the amazing new features that were added to the game! Love them all! Except one thing! I love the Scarecrow Spell but am shocked at the new sounds it makes! :-( Horrible and very stressful sounds! :? I dread casting it now! I would like to know how other players feel about this!? I adore the game's sounds and music except the scarecrow one! Please please change it! And I look forward to playing this amazing game for years to come!

Isn't that the point of any death spell? To be really creepy and scary?

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I like the new sound :-) also how he dives into the ground now.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
Let me clarify two important points! First of all, I didn't say the sounds were scary! ;) I said they were stressful! Big difference right? I wouldn't mind if scarecrow spell made scary halloween sounds! Bring it on! It's that awful squigly sound he makes when he takes and gives life that's stressful! Don't you agree? Second, the way the spell looks has not changed! He always dove into the ground at the end of the spell! Love scarecrow spell and miss him just being simply creepy with no added stress! Thank you for your understanding! :-D

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
scarecrow was good how it was before they changed it also at the end he backflips into the ground that makes it not scary or cool it just ruins it complety its also very fast so the animation needs to be changed