Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insane bolt?!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
hp1055cm wrote:
atrapos wrote:
Oh, its 1000 damage to enemy or 10,000 to self? Wow, that is insane! Aptly named!!!

It should be called Useless Bolt. What a disappointment to find out this was the new Storm spell. Why would you want a spell that kills you? I have seen it used twice and both times the caster died. I haven't used it myself because it is so dumb. (I can do up to 800+ with Bats and a Gargantuan so what is the benefit of a bolt that does 1000 - but only if it doesn't kill you.)
It has no practical use; just a waste of a spell. You can't even boost it with storm buffs or protect yourself with a Storm shield.
Too bad we couldn't get a useful spell, especially after the equally useless Super charge spell. I mean really, I am going to waste 4 pips on a blade when I already have 3 blades that cost zero pips (I crafted a hat that gives a 35% storm blade and I got a necklace that gives a 30% balance blade card) and a blance blade that cost only 1 pip?
Just stupid. 10% per pip is too much to give up and it uses all your pips so if you don't use it first turn it is really a waste. I can buy another zero pip Storm Blade treasure card at the Bazaar if I need a forth Blade.
Two useless Storm spells, what a disappointment.
wow you don't have to be really rude about it you know, KI must've worked really hard on it and someone hates that spell? I'm actually surprised a monitor actually letted you post this.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
okay i am sry but what you said about the sun dont shine is an lol type thing. why? because the insane bolt does 1000 MOON damage so lol and XD. i thought it was funny.

I do believe that the insane bolt is mainly used for suisidal reasons. like if ya are low on health and soloing, and you dont have a healing card in your shuffle one thing is to reshuffle and another is to use insane bolt to save your dignity of being defeated.
I know its insane but isnt that the name
pretty sure. i am balance and got it as a treasure card and used it on malistare but it killed me. thats when i learned the danger and only used it against people like umbra queen or sun lord for death reasons.

Like my comment?,
Cameron nightcaster level 60 balance
Luke nightcaster level 60 life
Miguel nightcaster level 60 storm
Cameron nightcaster level 52 balance ( work in progress)
John nightcaster level 60 ice
William nightcaster level 60 fire

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
what no one here likes a little gamble :)
if you dont like it dont use it simple as that

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
dracolith1996 wrote:
what no one here likes a little gamble :)
if you dont like it dont use it simple as that
Gambling is bad, but its fun to take a little risk

Defender
Jan 09, 2009
I know, everybody thinks that storm wizards are the most powerful, but who really wants somebody who suicides on their team? No matter how big of a boost they give their damage.

Rogan Dragonflame, Legendary Pyromancer and Author of the destined ones.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
It happens to everyone who casts it and btw there is only a 20% chance you're going to get hit with insane bolt

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Insane bolt is truley insane and useless! It should do more to the enemy not yourself! it does the same ammount as wild bolt can. Why can't it do tenthousand to the opponet and only have a low accuravy rating or something or do at least more to the opponet than it does yourself? I'm so confused can someone please tell me why it is like this there has to be a reason. :?

Scot Stormshade, level 54 storm wizard

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
flora567 wrote:
One thing I need to say...

The Insane Bolt is for a resort! so you only use it when your about to die if you want to use it. So its not meant to be used as a regular spell. That's why its 2 pips and is 100%.

So basically they've updated Useless Bolt to Last Resort Bolt (I think that's what you meant)? That makes sense. KI needs to get their stuff together and think of something because this is not acceptable.

Wow i totaly agree. It seems like storm is always given the bad spells. Like Stormzilla, completely pointless when we already got Triton BEFORE it. i'm not saying its a bad spell, i'm just saying its a bad idea to give a stronger spell before we get a weaker spell. Not every spell is bad just it seems like insane bolt and stormzilla are strange ideas. And our minion spell, it don't even attack! It should at least do a FEW attacks.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
spy714 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
flora567 wrote:
One thing I need to say...

The Insane Bolt is for a resort! so you only use it when your about to die if you want to use it. So its not meant to be used as a regular spell. That's why its 2 pips and is 100%.

So basically they've updated Useless Bolt to Last Resort Bolt (I think that's what you meant)? That makes sense. KI needs to get their stuff together and think of something because this is not acceptable.

Wow i totaly agree. It seems like storm is always given the bad spells. Like Stormzilla, completely pointless when we already got Triton BEFORE it. i'm not saying its a bad spell, i'm just saying its a bad idea to give a stronger spell before we get a weaker spell. Not every spell is bad just it seems like insane bolt and stormzilla are strange ideas. And our minion spell, it don't even attack! It should at least do a FEW attacks.

I for one am one bad spell away from deleting my storm wizard biting my tongue off and smashing my computer until it is a fine dust. I mean when you first made leviathan i was ticked because the triton from my robe gives just as much damage but with two less pips. then comes insane bolt, and i really get ticked off because we already had three spells that can do 1,000 damage and now we have one that either does that or kills us with so much over kill only an ice could survive(tower shield and tower shield item card). And speaking of which ice is to strong. you should stop working on making them stronger and focus on fixing this. I have been beaten by like level 20's and when i heard this i thought "Hey, they finally made a good reason to keep my storm wizard!" but now i think that you might as well have come to every storm wizards house and gave them a nice right hook to the face. Also i'd like to see some damage from those minions to. I mean, i became a storm i expected strong things. now we have a minion that can only be summoned as a weakling and its only attack is the occasional ghoul. when i first summoned one i was in unicorn way with three of them yelling into text chat "now my minions kill my enemies!" and stood there for ten minutes looking like a idiot. Storm is just full of let-downs. Dragon is way better then storm lord except for that stun, which is useless against bosses. and really low accuracy, health, mana, and pretty much every other stat except power pips attacks, criticals and blocks. either A; increase the attack of storm lord and/or leviathan. B; lower the self destruct from "suicidal bolt" and make it so that ice is the only one who can survive (really ice is the last school that should have this magical skill) or C; increase storm's stats or at least the stats from items and stop making storm obsilete.

Sincerely,
wheredacookie
and Austin Jadespear, a ticked off level 51 storm student :x

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i still will never understand why ki didn't just give the origional bolt minus 50 accuracy and be done with it this way the accuracy boosts didnt make it always hit woulda made more sense instead of angering storm who really didnt have much going for them to be gin with hp wise and defense wise.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
not to mention storms low block rating sorry forgot to type that in last message.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
hp1055cm wrote:
atrapos wrote:
Oh, its 1000 damage to enemy or 10,000 to self? Wow, that is insane! Aptly named!!!

It should be called Useless Bolt. What a disappointment to find out this was the new Storm spell. Why would you want a spell that kills you? I have seen it used twice and both times the caster died. I haven't used it myself because it is so dumb. (I can do up to 800+ with Bats and a Gargantuan so what is the benefit of a bolt that does 1000 - but only if it doesn't kill you.)
It has no practical use; just a waste of a spell. You can't even boost it with storm buffs or protect yourself with a Storm shield.
Too bad we couldn't get a useful spell, especially after the equally useless Super charge spell. I mean really, I am going to waste 4 pips on a blade when I already have 3 blades that cost zero pips (I crafted a hat that gives a 35% storm blade and I got a necklace that gives a 30% balance blade card) and a blance blade that cost only 1 pip?
Just stupid. 10% per pip is too much to give up and it uses all your pips so if you don't use it first turn it is really a waste. I can buy another zero pip Storm Blade treasure card at the Bazaar if I need a forth Blade.

Wild Bolt was changed because of the whiners from PvP. Insane bolt is not for zapping like crazy and using it as your "power spell". Wizard101 made it so the user can only use it at the last grip of hope in a desperate situation. If you are losing a wizard duel, you can use the Insane Bolt, because, why not try? If you don't kill yourself with the bolt, the enemy will either die or still kill you.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
I was really disappointed with Insane Bolt, I was hoping for something that I could actually use, i'm able to do almost 3000 damage with a triton and stormblade, balanceblade and elementalblades, so really insane bolt is just asking for myself to die. its sad that kingsisle has run out of ideas

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
kingurz wrote:
hp1055cm wrote:
atrapos wrote:

One use is that is does 1000 moon damage, which to my knowledge is unresistable. What use to be a bonus for Balance with Judgment has now been given to Storm with Insane Bolt. It's your choice on whether it is worth it to ensure the enemy is hit with 1000 damage (kill shot) or chance killing yourself. Probably not a good solo spell, but will make PvP interesting.

Astral spells are resostable only if you have 1%+ global resist.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
stormschool99 wrote:
Astral spells are resostable only if you have 1%+ global resist.

and??????

Most people know that now given the global resist gear that is widely available now (the original post was made months ago when the spell was brand new and everyone wasn't walking around in Waterworks gear).

The point is....how many bosses carry around a lot of global resists? Very few, if any! Most bosses have one or two schools they resist up to 80% (and then one or two schools they boost to 60-70%). The discussion was the use of Insane Bolt and it's application versus the previous tactic with Judgement and the defense with Tower Shield, which because it is Moon damage, works a little differently. Even PvP adds a new dimension now, do you resist everything at low rate or resist one school at a very high rate?