Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 58 Pets!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
New pets can be obtained through a quest given to you by your school Professor! You must be at least level 58 and have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and your previous level 48 Pet/Spell quest to obtain this quest.

community@wizard101.com
Historian
May 01, 2010
woot i am glad you decided to turn it out now... so i only have 4 days to get my new pet before my sub. runs out, lol i hope i can do it

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Interesting. This is indeed exciting! Thanks so much for this, I'll be sure to enjoy this. Can't wait to be level 58! :-P

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

New pets can be obtained through a quest given to you by your school Professor! You must be at least level 58 and have completed the Grizzleheim quest "Nordrilund Exposure" and your previous level 48 Pet/Spell quest to obtain this quest.

Thank you!
But at what point do we get this quest? I'm level 60 and have met the other requirements. Just wondering and hoping it's not near the end of the new world.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I wish I had taken Grizzleheim more seriously instead of putting it off to the side. I am dying to get my pet phoenix, but there is much to do before I can even get to Wintertusk. I hope I can get my pet before next month.

Saffron IronThorn
lvl 59 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:

Thank you!
But at what point do we get this quest? I'm level 60 and have met the other requirements. Just wondering and hoping it's not near the end of the new world.

You couldn't have sid it any better. My husband just levled to 60 last night and was wondering what he had to do to get it. I hope it isn't too far but since the area was designed to be run through at about lvl 50 i'll wager it's toward the end :-(

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FleurDeMort wrote:

You couldn't have sid it any better. My husband just levled to 60 last night and was wondering what he had to do to get it. I hope it isn't too far but since the area was designed to be run through at about lvl 50 i'll wager it's toward the end :-(

I hope it's not near the end, or KI is going to have serious issues with us Legendary wizards who have been waiting patiently for something to do. I mean, why stay if we can't level up anymore and have to wait until the end of Wintertusk to gain a new pet. Stay to train a pet? I don't think so.
Let's hope they did it right...

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:

Thank you!

go to thou teacher, and accept thou pet quest.

Administrator
Sorry for all of the confusion over the new pet quests, but here is a guide that will (hopefully) be more useful on how to get them.

Level 58 Pet Quests
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting pet quests from your school professors in Ravenwood, Nightside, or Krokosphinx. Each school has a different quest and each school has to fight a different boss in Wintertusk to get their new pets!
1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
a. Fire is the quest “Tower of the Inferno” from Professor Dalia Falmea
b. Ice is the quest “ from Professor Lydia Greyrose
c. Storm is the quest “Stormbringer” from Professor Halston Balestrom
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
e. Life is the quest “Loudly Sing Cuckoo” from Moolinda Wu
f. Death is the quest “Don’t Fear the Reaper “ from Dworgyn in Nightside
g. Balance is the quest “Breaking Glass” from Alhazred in Krokosphinx
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Once you meet all of these requirements, then you can go talk to your professor about getting a new pet! Talk to your same professors who you received your level 48 spell/pet quest from to get the quest….
Fire is quest “Like a Phoenix”
Ice is quest “Wings of Valor”
Storm is quest “Egg of the Storm”
Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
Life is quest “Ready to Hatch”
Death is quest “Century Egg”
Balance is quest “Balancing Egg”

I hope this helps and happy questing!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kckool wrote:

go to thou teacher, and accept thou pet quest.
um, it's not quite that easy. :(

Community Leader
Got my pets and mixed them and got horrible, wrong mixes!! Lydia Greyrose, is this a BUG?!

Fire Wyverns from Judge and Phoenix? Where does Wyvern come from?

Fire Judge and Myth Krakens (Topaz) comes from Judge and Kraken?? Where does the Fire and Myth come from?? Am really upset.

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
What are the pets? I know storm is a kraken (saw it in the test realm), and fire is phoenix (also seen in test realm), I've heard ice is wyvern (haven't seen it, yet, but a few friends are certain of it, though they aren't ice) and death is scarecrow (also have not seen or had any confirmation of rumor), but I was wondering what they were.

Destiny Raven- Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
thanks so much Professor i did find it a bit hard to read the first post about the pets but all is well, also im not sure if ppl know but your teacher does not contact you for the pet quest we and a friend of mine just did quite a bit of WT and was very mad to find out we did the spells and didnt get quest so we quest some more and tooka break to go sell items fill potions, and while doing that i ran to the school just to check and there she was with an ! over her head. so ya just a head up for the wizards who have yet to get there pets after you do said quest be sure to drop by your class room to pick up your spell.

hunter ashgem lvl 60 life
" life of the party"
flint stone lvl 60 fire
" 3 turns later and it still hurts"

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Sorry for all of the confusion over the new pet quests, but here is a guide that will (hopefully) be more useful on how to get them.

Level 58 Pet Quests
There are 3 requirements to meet to be able to accept the starting pet quests from your school professors in Ravenwood, Nightside, or Krokosphinx. Each school has a different quest and each school has to fight a different boss in Wintertusk to get their new pets!
1. Being level 58
2. You must have completed your school’s level 48 spell/pet quest from your professors.
a. Fire is the quest “Tower of the Inferno” from Professor Dalia Falmea
b. Ice is the quest “ from Professor Lydia Greyrose
c. Storm is the quest “Stormbringer” from Professor Halston Balestrom
d. Myth is the quest “Give a Dog a Bone” from Professor Cyrus Drake
e. Life is the quest “Loudly Sing Cuckoo” from Moolinda Wu
f. Death is the quest “Don’t Fear the Reaper “ from Dworgyn in Nightside
g. Balance is the quest “Breaking Glass” from Alhazred in Krokosphinx
3. You must have completed the quest “Nordrilund Exposure” given by Grandmother Raven in Hrundle Fjord.

Once you meet all of these requirements, then you can go talk to your professor about getting a new pet! Talk to your same professors who you received your level 48 spell/pet quest from to get the quest….
Fire is quest “Like a Phoenix”
Ice is quest “Wings of Valor”
Storm is quest “Egg of the Storm”
Myth is quest “Frog in Your Throat”
Life is quest “Ready to Hatch”
Death is quest “Century Egg”
Balance is quest “Balancing Egg”

I hope this helps and happy questing!

Thanks, teacher (I'm Justin SandFlame, one of your students). Now I know what quests you'll give me when I'm lvl 48/58. Make it fun for me.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Thats the same problem happened to me cheyinza, unfortunately I can't contact Wizard101 support with my email to post further details other that I am Steven Stardust and I am a level 60 Pyromancer. Also I don't think I can post my dxdiag on Wizard101 either. I hatched my Phoenix with a Judgement and got Fire Wyvern, which I think is a known issue. And I can't see the pet either. But, all I really want is for the Fire Wyvern to be a Fierry Judge so I wont have to hatch for it again.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:

Thank you!

Don't worry about what to do. Just go to your teacher and see if you still have another school quest or perhaps you didn't do the quest in Grizzlehiem required to do before getting this pet/spell. If it still doesn't work, report that there was a bug in the game that won't let you get the pet/spell after you have done what is asked. Once you do that, just sit back and play! No need to be angry over what to do or not when you have completed the game. Once your done with your school quests, and other quests, train your pet and race it, do some PvP, and maybe even talk to your friends!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
i just hatched my forest lord with a jugdement how did i get a jade egg with scare crow

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Its probably a Crop Watcher hybrid, scarecrow with green robe around it. Gives ominous scarecrow. I think its a major issue wit the Judgement pet that needs to be dealt with. Professor Greyrose do you know anything about this or to help solve it?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sparl1234 wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:

Thank you!

Don't worry about what to do. Just go to your teacher and see if you still have another school quest or perhaps you didn't do the quest in Grizzlehiem required to do before getting this pet/spell. If it still doesn't work, report that there was a bug in the game that won't let you get the pet/spell after you have done what is asked. Once you do that, just sit back and play! No need to be angry over what to do or not when you have completed the game. Once your done with your school quests, and other quests, train your pet and race it, do some PvP, and maybe even talk to your friends!

Um, you kind of missed my point. My point is, and I'm in Wintertusk, thank you, that we Legendary wizards will have no point in staying and playing this game to simply level up a pet. I stay out of PvP simply due to the unfairness and rudeness experienced there. I don't need this game to "talk to friends." I have real social networking sites for that, and most of my friends have left the game anyway since they had nothing to do for months.
My question was simply if the quest was near the end of Wintertusk. It is. And it was a mistake, in my opinion.
And I'm not angry...simply frustrated with KI for not remembering that the Legendary wizards have nothing to accomplish since the refusal of changing the level cap and have very little reason to stay.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
sparl1234 wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:

Thank you!

Um, you kind of missed my point. My point is, and I'm in Wintertusk, thank you, that we Legendary wizards will have no point in staying and playing this game to simply level up a pet. I stay out of PvP simply due to the unfairness and rudeness experienced there. I don't need this game to "talk to friends." I have real social networking sites for that, and most of my friends have left the game anyway since they had nothing to do for months.
My question was simply if the quest was near the end of Wintertusk. It is. And it was a mistake, in my opinion.
And I'm not angry...simply frustrated with KI for not remembering that the Legendary wizards have nothing to accomplish since the refusal of changing the level cap and have very little reason to stay.

I finished the entire Wintertusk area with my Death Legendary. I agree that the level cap needs to go away somehow, but I did the quests anyway to enjoy the story line (which was good), the art (which was great), and the music (which I didnt care for). With the popularity of Wintertusk right now, it is a good way to gold farm too.

KI, remove the level cap and keep up with the good content. ^_^

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Professor Greyrose,

Is there any way to find out what the new pets make when you mix them?

I try googling and can't find anything.

Thanks,
Flint FoeWeaver Level 60 Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 29, 2010
I have a phoenix and i hatched it with a judgement and i was wondering is there are bug or glicth in the game because it gave me a fire wyven

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Defender
Feb 09, 2009
www.wizard101central.com has a page, Wizard101 Pet Guides all info regarding pets should be found there, if you have info they would like to know that

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
I am level 60 have my 48 pet and spell and have finished Grizzleheim - my BF sitting right nest to me has not finished GHeim but his professor talks to him about the new. pet! Why doesnt mine????