Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Different Eight School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Jeroth wrote:
elementally speaking an earth school would be strong against wind based spells, so probably resistant to storm magic? but how far can you take an earth based class? quakes are about the only thing that would work. tree's and the life are under Life, and as was said earlier, earthquake is a balance spell. in my opinion i would make a school of "Essence" or something of the like based on mental prowess rather than flat out damage such as a "Brain Freeze" to imobilize an opponent for so many turns?
ok now that would be AWESOME!! :)

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Thanks for reminding me about Beguile, fireball123456.

And Neostar, thanks for the suggestions.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Gretta out on Firecat Alley once taught at the School...Alchemy. I wonder when Ambrose is going to remember to fill that postion again?

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
sparkrocks wrote:
Jeroth wrote:
elementally speaking an earth school would be strong against wind based spells, so probably resistant to storm magic? but how far can you take an earth based class? quakes are about the only thing that would work. tree's and the life are under Life, and as was said earlier, earthquake is a balance spell. in my opinion i would make a school of "Essence" or something of the like based on mental prowess rather than flat out damage such as a "Brain Freeze" to imobilize an opponent for so many turns?
ok now that would be AWESOME!! :)

It could be a spell based on the amount of pips you have.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
rhetoric wrote:

Now we're getting somewhere. A new school would need to be able to attack/defend a different statistic. I can't see how an Earth school would be any different than other schools except the cards would look different.

A school that focused on attacking Pips and Mana could be interesting. Spells that remove Pips or Mana from an opponent. Or that caused them to not gain a Pip the next turn. Or that significantly lessened the chance of your opponent getting a Power Pip.

As an Ice wizard, I have Stun which immobilizes an opponent for 1 round. But immobilizing for multiple rounds would be cool.

I still like an earlier idea I posted regarding a 'Chance' sort of school. Spells could include: Backfire which causes someone's spell to hit himself. Or some kind of randomize spell which would cause someone's spell to hit a random person on either team. It could mess with a player's hand too. Randomly discarding a card or stealing a card from their hand to use in yours.

These kinds of spells would be EXCELLENT skills for a Chaos school, one to match Balance!

Survivor
Sep 28, 2008
wacko99 wrote:
I have some class ideas.

Trick -- Trick wizards, called Illusionists, will have the best Manipulation spells. Here are some Trick spell ideas of mine.

Mind Control
School: Trick
Pips: 3
Type: Manipulation
Accuracy: 85%
Target helps you for 1 round. Illusionists will learn this spell after a Level 18 quest, rather than Level 28 for Necromancers' Beguile spell.

Throttle
Pips: 2
Accuracy: 100%
Cast another spell at random. Sometimes, Throttle will result in spells you don't even have!

Dizzy
Pips: 0
Accuracy: 70%
Stun target for 1 round.

Mirror -- Mirror wizards, called Spectramancers, have good defense, but their greatest strenghth is their ability to bounce back attacks. Here are some Mirror spell ideas of mine. (Please forgive me for copying Glass)

Bounceback
School: Mirror
Pips: 2
Type: Ward
Bounce back 1 Damage spell. This can be useful if your opponent plans to use a strong attack!

Clear Armor
Pips: 5
Bounce back 3 damage spells.

Shieldstorm
Pips: 1
-50% to next Damage or Steal spell for all friends

I haven't thought of a school to complete the triangle with Trick and Mirror.
It could be called the mental triangle with a school for natural attacks and attacking many enemies.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
I say that they shouldn't add new schools, since that it would de-balance the game. Enemies would change, Masters would want to change, Etc... Because of the Triangles, (Death, Ice Storm and Life, Fire, Myth) We would need to add 3 schools, that would make a total of 10. To much! I think they should add a trainer per world with spells from a school, like a buff-only school. You couldn't BE that school but you could use it. Spell could be like:

Spirit Weakness
- 4 pips
- Bubble
- Minus 10% attack for Myth, death and life

(Or the same for emelmental

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
there shouldnt be a wind, water, or earth school. First of all it will be to much like Pokemon and also EARTH is BALANCE and WIND and WATER are mixed with LIGHTING to make STORM SCHOOL

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
jfll wrote:
I say that they shouldn't add new schools, since that it would de-balance the game. Enemies would change, Masters would want to change, Etc... Because of the Triangles, (Death, Ice Storm and Life, Fire, Myth) We would need to add 3 schools, that would make a total of 10. To much! I think they should add a trainer per world with spells from a school, like a buff-only school. You couldn't BE that school but you could use it. Spell could be like:

Spirit Weakness
- 4 pips
- Bubble
- Minus 10% attack for Myth, death and life

(Or the same for emelmental

I agree, new schools are a bad idea. The existing schools cover a huge amount. For instance storm is electricity, storms, oceans, water creatures, and pirates. Between the 7 schools everything is pretty much covered. Instead of adding a new school they should just give new spells to existing schools or add new class quests and content.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
Now that we have the Elements, Fire, Ice & Storm. Balance covers all those together. Then we have Spiritual, Life, Death & Myth. Why not have one that covers those three, like Balance does with the Elements.

There are some left out as well like an Air school, Earth school, Ice is similar to water, but still Water school could be used as well.

Survivor
May 27, 2009

How about a sky school?

School:Sky
Weakness:Balance
Resistance:storm

Some sky attacks.

Fog:- 25% accuracy for 3 rounds
COST:4 pips
PICTURE:Fog with A black mantle the fog

Cloud Strike:95 damage per pip
COST: X
PICTURE:Red clouds hitting a young wizard

Storm Cloud:600-710
COST:5 pips
PICTURE:Giant Black Cloud with Bolt of lightning coming out. (More of a storm attack but Storm has a lot of moves so it would be good for sky) :D

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Hooray! Another thread about an eighth school that I can post way too much on! Two things. One, is that we know for certain that there is a school of alchemy, and that there are the three astral schools, sun, moon, and star. Also, I would like to bring up my idea of a school of Chaos. It could parallel Balance but not be strong against it, and instead be weak against the elemental schools. It could steal pips and charms from enemies and combine the spirit schools like Balance combined the elemental schools.

Hero
May 19, 2009
there is a earth school, and it is called LIFE(earth and life are both nature and hence, the same)
as for wind and water those would be part of storm
water would also be grouped with ice

as for new schools there is a mention of Astral magic in the game which includes the schools of sun, moon, and star.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Earth= Myth
Water & Wind= Storm

Look at all their spells and you'll know why I'm right.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Honestly I think that there should be an eighth school but one that has nothing to do with the other schools. Balance encompasses the elementals. Death and life are opposites and storm and myth are opposites. What should be done is making a school such as a machine school. I would leave it up to the designers to make the spells and beasts but I think it could have a lot of potential in the game and even have a world that encompasses machine.