Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets that interrupt?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok so am a legendary necromancer with a wraith pet, he is a teen. I haven't been to interested in pet hatching or leveling him up. But lately I have seen pets that interrupt the battle to help the owner. Now ever since I finished briskbreez I have always wanted to learn how to interrupt (cheat like those bosses do). I have seen many pets stop the battle to cast fairy on the owner. Now my question is what types of interrupt can my wraith do, and how on earth do I get these abilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zachary soulwraith level 60 necromancer

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
drthrax101 wrote:
Ok so am a legendary necromancer with a wraith pet, he is a teen. I haven't been to interested in pet hatching or leveling him up. But lately I have seen pets that interrupt the battle to help the owner. Now ever since I finished briskbreez I have always wanted to learn how to interrupt (cheat like those bosses do). I have seen many pets stop the battle to cast fairy on the owner. Now my question is what types of interrupt can my wraith do, and how on earth do I get these abilities. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Zachary soulwraith level 60 necromancer

The sprite ability is called spritley, many pets can get it and every pet from celestia can. There are 2 types of spell card abilities, the first being it "gives a card" aka add's it to your deck. The second are the "may cast" abilities." The may cast abilities are when your pet "may cast" what ever spell the talent says. I am not sure but i dont think your first generation wraith can get a may cast talent. If you wanted to keep the wraith pet then you should hatch it with someone who has a spritley pet.

Helpful hint on hatching....
The lower the pedigree the lower the cost so if you have a (67) helephant and a (56) helephant use the (56) if you are just worried cost wise.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
The pets that cast the fairy are pets with spritely trait and the other spell that will interrupt is the may cast *****(enter school of magic) ward the pet does this of it's own free will and the only three ways to get these traits are 1) Be lucky enough to get a dropped pet that has them 2) Buy a pet and hope that it has the traits you desire or 3) Breed these traits into pets that you already have with someone who has a pet that has the traits already.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
I have also noticed on pets that cast blades seem to increase their frequency if you do damage to the mob first.

Historian
May 01, 2010
hiway1999 wrote:
I have also noticed on pets that cast blades seem to increase their frequency if you do damage to the mob first.

that is actually how you trigger it, its not like spritely, where it casts randomly, but blades cast after you do damage, no matter how much. (in other words, wand+plus luck, epuals another blade XD)